1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo Lakers??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket99, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

is it easy to do? No, but certainly not ridiculous. Ryan can’t play on a contender against GS, but let’s not act like he’s unplayable on most other teams. And let’s not pretend Bazemore and Porter are on reasonable/fair contracts themselves. Each of their respective teams have reason to want to move those players and their contracts don’t make it easy either. Sweeteners might be enough to get it done.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think Anderson + 1st can get you Bazemore.
    I do no think Anderson + 1st can get you Porter Jr.

jch1911 likes this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Agreed. 1st, Ryno, Ariza, J. Johnson out -- Bazemore, Melo in. Not a bad re-balancing act.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am not sure I am willing to give up a 1st + Anderson for Bazemore.

I'd first want to see what happens with Capela, Melo, Moute and the status of the TaxPayer MLE. Then I would evaluate my options.

I just know Bazemore is playable vs GSW and that is important. So he is on the radar.

jch1911 likes this.
  5. Rox>Mavs

I agree with that cost. I think it’d take 2 1sts for Porter. Like you I’m not sure if I’d be willing to pay that price for either (1 1st for Baze, 2 1st for Porter). But if things work out with Capela and we do sign Melo I think that’d be the only way it could work in terms of balancing out the roster at the 3.

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Some of you are so delusional. Porter at the age 24 shot better than 50% from the floor, better than 44% from the three, and 80% from free throws.
    Hmmm. I don’t know if we should do two future 1st rd picks along with Ryno as if the Wizards wouldn’t laugh at that offer.

Edit: those stats were THIS YEAR!

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree, i'm one of those who were ok with getting Bazemore two years ago, i think he can fit well here, but i don't really like the idea of losing a 1st rounder to swap Ryan for him, especially cause i think he has no market...i'm all for it if we can get it done with a couple of 2nd rounders, cash, a young player...for a 1st eh, not the same.

8. Rox>Mavs

sure those are great numbers but for $26m/year worth with oubre there too?

Why so sensitive man? This is a forum to...you know...discuss. If it upsets you so much to hear what i think and you don’t agree than you can just say why. No need to to be condescending, maybe take a break from talking sports for a bit.

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

The LALA relationship was over way before they split. Carmelo however loves his kid and seems like a great Dad! L.A. is way too far from NYC. I think he is done with the partying and strip clubs. I think he comes to Houston so he can play with his buddy Chris. Lebron will hate life in L.A. purple in Gold real soon. Just wait....

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Our first round pick is worth less than a second rounder

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not sure.

12. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Would you do the deal if it was...
    Atlanta: Anderson + 2019 1st
    Houston: Bazemore + Dwayne Dedmon

Then you are getting a starting SF (Bazemore) & legit backup big man who can also hit the 3 on occasion (Dedmon)

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It kinda is because of the contract difference between first and second rounders.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh, good question, not sure, i actually like Dedmon as a backup, still not sure getting him with Bazemore is worth a 1st rounder for us, i think we should keep our 1st rounders for getting cheap players going forward or trade them for a star when we'll eventually have the chance, i'd rather keep the 1st and sign Wright and give some minutes to Hartenstein/Zhou.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, that's not that big of a difference if we would still end between 25 and 30, i'm not even sure there's 1M of difference between a 27th pick and let's say a 33rd, and the 27th pick, while it costs a bit more, it's also a 4 year deal, the 2nd rounder might be a 4 year deal, but also end up as a three or two year deal.

But aside of that, like i said in the previous post, i think we should keep our 1st rounder for an eventual big trade, losing that for swapping Ryan with another player which has no market (Atlanta tried to trade him for one year at this point) eh...doesn't seem like a good move to me.