1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets add Duke's Trevon Duval to summer league roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 22, 2018.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not sure why all RJ hate for a free look when Nanu was actually drafted by Rockets and producing so much less.

RJ is not a point so not being used properly. He should be a catch and shoot wing instead of trying to always create for himself and team. Not enough explosiveness to do this regularly.

Little Bit likes this.
  2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I hate when people do this.

You do realize that Poythress and CJ Wilcox are pretty much the same age as House. All 3 and many others that played last night are in their mid 20s.

The youngest kids on the court were Duval and Holiday both of whom impressed over these supposed wanna-bes that are too old to be there.

BigggReddd likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I blame it on Robert Duvall, like how Beverly Hills, CA is to blame for Patrick Beverly.

And Capela and the Rockets have a little blame for Capela misspellings by matching his name to Acappella singing.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. Possum

Possum Member

Boy are you looking silly right now.

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I might be wrong.

But in my post, all I said was "it's possible." Are you saying it's impossible that House has benefited from his years in pro ball (and years in life)?

Of course I haven't gone through the rosters and taken note of the age and experience of every player relative to the average summer league player so my premise from my post could be off-base. Maybe House's experience is actually less than other summer leaguers' (on average). Maybe it's equal. I don't know. I made my post with the assumption that many teams send very young prospects to summer league to see if they have anything to work with, rather than sending guys who have been playing pro ball for a few years and as such have a larger body of work to evaluate already.

And this is why I presented it as just a possibility, and not a declarative statement of facts coming to an irrefutable conclusion.

Regardless, it's just one game. Not enough to dismiss or affirm his NBA ability. So... whatevs.

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

He smoove.....

8. rocketseagles07

Because of a summer league game? Did he get drafted? Donte Greene scored 58 in a summer league game heard from him lately.

I’ll be very happy if I’m proven wrong, but he was bad last year

9. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Donte Greene was 22 with no other skills but to shoot. Duval is a true PG with driving ability, a super quick first step, passing and handling abilities. His only true con is that he can’t shoot but that can be worked on.

True Rocket, D-rock, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

There was a guy,

and his name is Nick Johnson.......

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hello backup PG

DD

True Rocket and coachbadlee like this.
  12. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Gotta admit he had some nasty dunks in SL
    [​IMG]

Richie_Rich, JamesC, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Never in Nick Johnson's career was he like Trevon Duval. Next!

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I literally forgot Nick Johnson existed. Hats off.

kevcai likes this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm targeting RJ Hunter because he has a two way contract. Means we could replace Hunter on his two way with Duval on a two way at no cost.

saleem likes this.
  16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Duval reminds me of...

Jeremy Lin

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Stop.

True Rocket likes this.
  18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

All I keep hearing people say is "he can't shoot, he can't shoot!!!" Yet the kid keeps scoring and winning. At what point do people start paying attention?

D-rock likes this.
  19. McLovins

McLovins Member

Looked good in the first game, let's see how the rest of his games fair. If he duplicate's, then he could make the team.

20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Trevon Duval is not even close to Jeremy Lin, Jeremy Lin is turnover prone and when Jeremy gets in trouble driving to the basket stops midrange jumps to pass = turnover happens. Jeremy Lin as Basketball player has a really Low IQ.
    Harvard Education doesn't matter in Basketball. Trevon Duval skills as a dribbler is like a young Kyle Lowry. Lowry couldn't shoot with the Rockets, but improved on his 3 point shot, midrange. Trevon grew up at New York so his Handles are tight, His Crossovers are Scary.