1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Melo Thread] Woj: OKC and Melo to part ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 6, 2018.

1. kevtse

kevtse Member

Please just go the the Lakers

Corrosion likes this.
  2. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Correct, Melo at this point is a rich man's Joe Johnson.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  3. Abraham Rodriguez

I wouldnt mind melo.. it wont hurt to try him on the System.. have Harden and CP3 hit em with open shots, play at the 4 , way better than Anderson

bilaal14 and seclusion like this.
  4. munco

munco Member

Not a good sign when both fanbases don't want the guy. And he was a primadonna and not very good under D'antoni 5 years ago so I don't see why it would work now.

malakas likes this.
  5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Still a hard pass.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

When we hired Dantoni i think %95 of the people on this board here hated it including me, and look at where we at now, am not saying that getting Melo is a must but what is the worst that could happen ...?? not win the chip..?? we aren't suppose to since the b**** ass warriors got boogie.

If Melo and Dantoni could work it out and am pretty sure they will since CP3 is the leader of this team I think it could end as a good move.

HTown_TMac, JVL713, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This and Luc should NOT dunk until WCF....on 2nd thought---let's make that the NBA Finals

Seriously

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Yoo that first gif.....I died :D:D:D:D:D

#2yardline

9. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Fan bases are too emotionally invested to be rational honestly. The segment of the fan base that will take him is larger but positivity gets clouded by negativity, you know that.

Williamson likes this.
  10. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Don't worry, Melo won't pass.

Obito and bilaal14 like this.
  11. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

AD wants to trade to after rondo and cousions left. Kawhii and Kevin love wants to trade too.

12. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Its not that I dont agree with you. You're disagreeing with what I"m saying and the reason why I keep referencing the other poster and asked you who you would prefer (Melo vs. Ryno) is because my post you responded to was in response to what another poster said. He was who started comparing the two. I said all of this to say, you make very valid points, but, you're directing all of this to the wrong person.

Again i say, in reference to what the poster mentioned, I"d take Melo over Ryno. I know he's not replacing Ryno if he comes. I never said that. Maybe thats what the poster I responded to thought. You should talk to HIM. Lol

Baqui99 likes this.
  13. rammo

rammo Member

So um how long do these stretch provision buyout thingamajiggy’s take to complete?

It’s really cold where I am at the moment, I need a ‘new hoodie’ to rock, if you know what I mean *wink wink*...

(To be clear I’m talking about Carmelo Anthony getting bought out and then signing with Houston on the cheap.)

justtxyank likes this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

CP3...Harden...Tucker....Melo....Capela
    Would be a killer starting 5

Guards..........................Wings.................................PF/C
    1)CP3/ 2)Harden.........3)Tucker.............4) Capela/ 5)Melo/ Tucker
    6) EGo.......................7) Luc MaM.....................8) Hartenstein
    Melton(2-way)............9) G Green......................10) Nene
    Duval(2-way).............11) Nunnally?
    ..................................12) House?.............or track the waiver wire for better than #11 or #12.......#11–#12 as 2-ways?

That’s a championship winnng team ladies and gentlemen.

With Melo the playbook opens up and the possibility of exceeding the 116 offensive efficiency gets threatened.
    Keep Melo out of that left corner 3
    &
    most mid range shots will be only at Melo’s sweet spots (that’s where analytics comes into play).

Now if CP3 is getting hurt defensively on the blocks or the team is getting exploited in CP3 switching in space...now
    slightly bigger options with not only EGo.......but Duval/Melton/Harden/GG at point guard.

With the point guard shored up, then the defensive help can then be focused on switching in space for Melo.
    Backing up Melo’s defensive flaws by keeping Melo in the restricted area and try to limit his time on the perimeter.

Good plan Morey. Make it happen.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  15. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

If we get Anthony, resign Luc and he’s healthy and also trade Anderson for Batum or Bazemore as an Ariza replacement we are better than last year

Tfor3 and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yet he had a career low ppg by far. That could only mean one thing. He shot VERY FEW 2 pointers and free throws. He pretty much parked outside the 3pt line.

That's exactly what we expected Ryno to do. If Melo just stays outside and shoots spot up 3s Harden and CP create, I'm okay with that. He's not as accurate as Anderson, but he's not afraid to shoot. But comes playoffs time, he will be fairly useless when switching defense is at the premium.

YOLO likes this.
  17. macan

macan Member

we got melo yet?

PhilCollins likes this.
  18. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Absolutely No problem with him signing for the minimum or MLE, Chris Paul will get the best out of his family and keep attitudes in check.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Not verbally or on paper yet.

macan likes this.
  20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Maybe we can lure Hakeem and Clyde out of retirement as well.