1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Melo Thread] Woj: OKC and Melo to part ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Coach E

Coach E Member

He has averaged 20ppg every year except last, Westbrooked.

He’s a scoring threat and that’s HUGE. He’s also a bigger body who can rebound (olympics anyone?)
    When motivated.

Let’s be honest he is a good player who has been in a bad situation for a few years, also he would be choosing to play here. Most importantly I see a lot of you guys not understand how this would work, if he comes it’s for vet min or worst case MLE. And it’s ONE season guys...

Paul
    Harden
    Tucker
    Anthony
    Capela

Is better then

Paul
    Harden
    Tucker
    Ariza
    Capela

Also would be CHEAPER because of the money we would of had to pay Ariza.

If he comes here this is a huge boost, also I think cp3 talks him into taking the vet min so we can use our MLE on someone else

2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Boogie cousins signing and Ariza leaving has already closed our window. So it really doesn’t matter what we do at this point. Might as well get 5 fans from the stands to play every game. Then people would actually show up.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'm looking at his entire playing career to best judge how he would interact and play on an elite team.

4. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Ryno not even on the same playing level as Melo...even a bad version of Melo.

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I can name over 250 players better than Ryan Anderson.

Fulgore likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

He wouldn't. Chris Paul and James Harden and MDA wouldn't let that happen. If he became a problem, he would be cut. The situation in OKC was bad from the start, he never wanted to go there. Then he played with a dominant ball handler that is not big on compromise. Then he played in a town that he wasn't overly fond of and last, he was asked to play a role that didn't mesh well with the Thunder game plan.

DonKnock, Deuce, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Melo is an outspoken guy that can create issues in the locker room. Anderson isn't. Huge difference. Look what happened with Cleveland last year, apparently Wade was part of the problem. Cleveland thankfully played in a shitty enough conference that they were able to get back to the finals. I want no part of Melos toxicity.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I just don’t value creating your own shot if you’re incredibly inefficient with it all that much

Melo creates his own shot and then tosses up a brick...Melo was building houses all of last season, and especially in the playoffs

Ariza went 0-12 in game 7, but y’all are acting like Melo would’ve blown up offensively

Melo would’ve gone 5-13 with trash defense

defense is what gave us a chance against GS

YOLO likes this.
  9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It would cost them more to do so. 40/5 vs 28/3 would save them a little in the beginning, but would stay on the books much longer.

10. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

This.... And he will still get his shots. Those 6/7 threes a game that Ariza took last year. They just need to allow him to wear his hoodie. Lol

11. Nook

Nook Member

Ryno at the minimum knows when to switch or rotate and when not to. Anthony's defensive awareness is on par with most freshmen in college. Having players that do not switch properly destroy defenses like the Rockets. We had to deal with stupid defenders with Lin and Parsons and a young Harden. It was a disaster.

justtxyank likes this.
  12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Oh you mean like this?

[​IMG]

Or this

[​IMG]

Or was it more like when Westbrook blocked his own teammate just to get a rebound and a second shot at the basket?

[​IMG]
    Wish I could find the gif for this one...

You've got to remember that OKC's dynamic and play style are fairly different then ours. Their philosophy is give it to Russell and get out of the way. Ours is give it to our playmakers and they will get a shot or get you open for one.

DonKnock and BigShasta like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Maybe, and if he doesn't want the minimum then he signs somewhere else.

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Agree with defense. Gain and loss scenario but to think Melo sucks is crazy to me. Ppl act like he’s Ryan Anderson.

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  15. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Ariza Defense coudnt beat Golden State.. going 0-12 from 3.. His Melo cold from outside at least he can drive to the hole.. I bet Melo at least give us 20 in game 7!

16. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

You post pointed out that starting Carmelo wouldn't be good. I don't agree. As long as Carmelo understands his role, he'll be fine starting.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Beat of luck to the Lakers.

Rooting for them.

I hope they get their man.

Rondo + Lonzo + Melo + LeBron.

Yes please!

Best of all, it means this scrub won't be on the Rockets.

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

just remember the team orders are to let Westbrook get the boards

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

people want to act like Melo is immune to having a bad shooting game like Ariza did. newsflash he isn't

20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Quite the opposite.