1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Melo Thread] Woj: OKC and Melo to part ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

bro, that’s 3 games

We’re gonna act like Melo wasn’t trash last year?

I can pull up Melo’s stats vs Utah’s amazing defense in the playoffs

12/6/0.3 on 38% from the field and 21% from 3 while playing 32 mpg...that’s trash

cbass, Sean Dr34ms and justtxyank like this.
  2. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Say hello to our new starting Forward :D:eek:

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Don't want him considering that he still believes he is a superstar. A lot of people I talk to have this delusion that USA Melo is who you are getting.

justtxyank and YOLO like this.
  4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

1st and goal. Let’s go Murray!!

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think Melo can be a positive contributor if he checks his ego at the door, accepts a lesser role off the bench, and embraces Olympic Melo. Based off his quotes before and after the season, he has no interest in doing so. Melo at this point should be 1 of the best scorers off the bench, not some guy who wants a starting role, 30 mpg, and 15+ shots while being terribly inefficient and playing no D.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Melo can only come here if he brings his hoodie

jb86 likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

This is my first thought but I have cooled on this idea for a few reasons.

First, it is going to be very difficult for the Rockets to even add possible talent.

If the Rockets can get Anthony for the minimum, they should do it. If he doesn't fit in, then they can always just release him with no impact to the team.

Some of his struggles in OKC were a result of the offense (or lack of an offense) they ran.

Also, if the Rockets are serious about moving Gordon, Anthony could help off set some of the fire power lost.

There are just a lot of possible things in play and if you can get him for the veteran minimum, you do it.

Having said that, I am fairly certain he is Los Angeles bound. Anthony has wanted to be in NY or LA for years and his best friend in the NBA is LeBron James. That is a pretty good set up for Anthony, especially if Anthony is guaranteed a large role.

8. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

How many times OKC beat us last year with Melo? Who can take their man off the ball better and in Iso Ariza or Melo?

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Where do you take lunch?

My burger at lunch today was $12 and my beers were $5 a piece..

sammy likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol the nba ruined that for him with the new warmups. everyone has a hoodie now :)

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Even Josh Smith thought he should still be a starter when he came here and he was MUCH worse than Melo is now. He was basically unplayable on any other team in the NBA. With Melo, he still lit it up every now and again

I mean, we're talking about a league minimum pickup here and the Rockets would be better able to put him in a position to look good than ever before. I just don't see the downside.

DonKnock, Ryan_Success and RasaqBoi like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Of course......... Morey loves free or cheap stuff. I bet he hits garage sales during the summer.

13. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Where is potato head!?

14. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Ryan Anderson doesn't think he's a superstar and he still sucks and got benched. Melo thinking he's a superstar doesn't affect us much as long as he's getting paid the minimum. If it doesn't work out, no skin off our neck. I was against adding him in a big role, but as a Joe Johnson "contributor" I'll take that chance. We could always cut him.

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

If you guys think about it it’s a win win situation? Without him Ryan does nothing for the rockets and with him melo might either keep them the same or make them better?

DonKnock likes this.
  16. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I could imagine his negotiating some old lady out of some valuable ****

Nook likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

him sulking and ruining the locker room and chemistry on the team would though

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don’t really care where he signs. Obviously we should be in the game considering he wanted us last year but LA and Lebron seem like a no brainer for Carmelo.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You guys keep saying league minimum but mle is more likely.

Does signing Melo cost us luc? Would we rather spend the mle on Ellington?

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I hope @Daryl_Morey reads your posts before he makes the biggest mistake of his Hall of Fame career.