1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Melo Thread] Woj: OKC and Melo to part ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Why do people think Anderson and Carmelo are somehow connected. Will his presence rid ourselves of Anderson's contract?

He's better than Anderson, well whoopty f**king doo. Carmelo will demand to start, play 30 minutes, get shots, and will show no defensive urgency. At least Anderson knows how much he sucks.

Please by all means, choose the Lakers.

Bengchu and YOLO like this.
  3. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

This makes me more agitated that LeBron decided to head to LA.

Melo would’ve served as a nice bench piece and made losing Gordon easier.

We would have had a more formidable roster to take down the GS Monstars.

4. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Ryno held is own in the post last year. He was a statue on the perimeter though. I think Melo won’t be much different. We were good with Ryno in the starting lineup. Melo is an improvement overall for more stability on offense compared to Ryno’s one dimensional game. But we really took off when PJ was inserted into the starting lineup to pair with Ariza. Much like GS took off when they started Draymond years ago.

I wouldn’t mind Melo here, but I’d rather have Luc back since the team needs perimeter defense after Ariza left. There’s plenty of offense in Green and Gordon on the bench.

5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

As much as i want melo i dont see his family choosing here. Its either l.a. or gsw. I think our team is weaken right now without ariza. He was a good team mate n recuiter. Last year i would of been sure given a buy out he would come here. Now not so much

6. anchel

anchel Member

It is extremely important for this team to be elite defensively. You can't be that with Melo+Harden starting together. Period.
    So if that's a requirement, I pass.

But good luck trying to find a winning team that gives you a starting role.

7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

If i had to bet ill say l.a.

Nook likes this.
  8. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

but maybe MIke's offense will help melo's game again, this is the best we can hope for. We have no money and basically stuck with what we got.

9. Nachobar

Nachobar Where’s my chips?

I disagree.

Plowman likes this.
  10. PatBev

PatBev Member

So was Paul Georges

DonKnock and bro2044 like this.
  11. jwayne

jwayne Member

We don’t know what Melo would bring... He played with Westbrook last year. A guy the team blocked out for on FTs to get triple doubles.

DonKnock likes this.
  12. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I think he would fit well with the Rockets. He would get a lot of easy shots inside and open 3s when playing with Harden and CP3. And can Iso like crazy with EG on the floor. Our already jugernaut of an offense would be absolute bonkers with Melo...

#172 Elephant810, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

For little money and with the caveat that we re-sign Luc, there is very little upside on a guy like Melo. He is still giving us more effort than a seemingly disgruntled Anderson.

14. broteinshake

broteinshake Member

I'm not as gung-ho about acquiring Melo as I was when he was initially seeking a trade to Houston, even less now especially after his ugly performance with OKC - but there is a very small part of me that is still kinda intrigued about him joining us....

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

As a Free Agent it wasn't

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Melo was all-in on Houston last year when his only other option was Cleveland. Hard to see him choosing an oil city over a showbiz city, though.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This guy even has a pie chart! LOL

If only _holic could have delivered a pie chart with his percentages!

HoustonCRT and topfive like this.
  18. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

How is that relatable?

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Mike’s offense is just ISO, PNR, and jack up threes...y’all act like we run some sophisticated stuff or some heavy motion offense

we’re in the bottom of the league in passes per game just like OKC, we just have more efficient and smarter players

I don’t want to see Melo doing ISO and jacking up contested midrange shots, I want him spotting up from 3 with the occasional post up or ISO, but that’s what they tried to do in OKC and he said he’s not comfortable in that role and wants to do more

YOLO likes this.
  20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

U wanna bet a beer n burger