1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: Free agency might be slow for Rockets (updates on where we stand)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 3, 2018.

1. rocketseagles07

Yea I remember MK saying that. Some of the stuff he says hurts sometimes but he always keeps it 100...

Vivid likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We'll see. They may do something like sign Ennis to the minimum, Traveon Graham to the minimum and hope it works out.

hakeem94, Red Chocolate and Nook like this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He does.

I'm not freaking out about this off-season but I do believe we will be worse, and I do believe the Warriors will be better. So I'm not happy about that.

4. rocketseagles07

Same here... I mean us freaking out everyday isn’t gonna bring us the team we want. Lebron picks Houston and everything is different,

Problem is while we might slightly fall off a lot of people are getting better. Plus Boston is coming, last year I would’ve bet my life savings we’d kill Cleveland. Boston is gonna be a PROBLEM

jball461 and justtxyank like this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Rockets don't have any cap room for 2019-20 either. This is the most shocking thing of all.

ryano2009 likes this.
  6. izeroi

izeroi Member

So what I'm hearing is last year was our only real chance to win a title?

Richie_Rich likes this.
  7. justtxyank

I mean it's possible sure. The Warriors are a monster. It's hard to get into their tier and stay there each year.

darksoul35, Nook and YOLO like this.
  8. izeroi

izeroi Member

Can't argue with you there. Extremely disappointing to think about it knowing how close we were.

9. hakeemthagreat

Why do ppl make statements like this? Ariza was crucial to us matching up with golden state. He is part of the reason we were able to switch on defense and somewhat keep Kevin Durant under control. So under what premise is he no longer a good player?

10. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Yup no one is going to be able to sustain a 195 million dollar warrior payroll very long not named the lakers.

izeroi likes this.
  11. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Its idiotic. They factor in worn out 40 minutes playoffs ariza missing 3s as garbage and dont factor defense in at all. Theyll miss him this year when our defense is worse.

12. Rokman

Rokman Member

C'est la vie

13. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Rockets can't make a Move till OKC make a Move.. simple as that. Till they buy out Melo.. I don't think Rockets used their MLE.

basso likes this.
  14. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

This offseason so far has been a flat L for the Rockets and Morey and even @The Cat should acknowledge this. From having a "pick of our FA" and all this bs from Morey maybe he needs to shut the hell up for once

saleem likes this.
  15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

If they do that, I'll be very critical of not paying what it would cost to move Ryno and keep Ariza. (No, I don't buy that Ryno is at all unmovable, considering Mozgov has been traded twice.)

Maybe it comes to that, but as of July 3, I'm skeptical.

Deuce likes this.
  16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If Rockets just resign Capela and get Melo then that would give Hou a great shot at winning it all.

Then get rid of the Anderson contract and the deadline.

DaonlyLA likes this.
  17. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Dunno how the Rockets offseason can be graded a D or anything, nothing really matters other than the Warriors getting better which is out of our control, and there were no good moves that were available to Morey. Provided we hang on to Capela we'll likely be only just a little worse than last season up until the trade deadline, but we won 65 freakin games last year.

34to11 likes this.
  18. justtxyank

They may not have a good option. There isn’t really a wing left in free agency and it’s unclear who is out there for trade. It’s possible they think a guy like Nunnally or someone can replicate ariza.

I definitely think they believed theyd keep Mbah a moute and that suddenly has come into question.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Ryan Anderson is continuing to kill us.

By the time he is gone, CP's best days will be behind him.

What a ****in waste.

slothy420 and saleem like this.
  20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, that is true.

Nelly likes this.