1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can we/should we boycott Nba/warriors?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mockster, Jul 2, 2018.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Our only power is our wallet.
    Nothing else we say or think or write matters to the NBA at all. We are only dollars and euros.

If you don't like what is happening then
    don't buy leaguepass.
    Don't buy KD's and Curry's shoes.
    Don't watch the league.
    Don't buy tickets to the game.
    Only then they will care.

The NBA deleted a whole team with a huge fanbase because of $. That's all they care about. GSW makes money so for them everything is perfect. There are many analysts who even say left and right that GSW is great for the league.

2. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

Can we boycott Google/Apple?

You’re rooting for an arbitrary based on a city you or your family was born in. Guess what, hardly anyone desire to be here on personnel choice, or even majority of US cities for that matter. There’s no glamor, or brand to be built in Houston.

Ballers are still employees, and they can choose to work for and with whoever. Pickup a different hobby, or root for a sport that has a wider roster than just 6-7 players deep.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I've been boycotting since the worriers get away with all the moving screens and taking hardens landing space the last series. This siging makes Pro Wrestling have more parity than the NBA and one of them is scripted. The other is Pro Wrestling.

bballjunkie and DonKnock like this.
  4. mockster

mockster Member

Lol okay have fun watching warriors wipe there balls with your face

Principles are still intact regardless of the rules

DonKnock likes this.
  5. bevo202

bevo202 Member

So when Boston trades their #4 1st round draft picks next year for Anthony Davis we going to boycott them also? They've got all kyrie Irving, Gordon Hayward and Al Horford and future all star Tatum already. Rockets needed to be better at signing deals, building assets, developing players etc. Smart teams feast on the dumber teams these days. Rockets just didn't do enough, just how it goes sometime. So you either get smarter at those things or hire someone who can do them.

6. malakas

malakas Member

The NBA is operating as an entertainment business.
    We also operate like disgruntled customers. We don't like the product and as you said we won't watch or spend.
    Guess who will lose money? The entertainers aka the players.

7. malakas

malakas Member

Boston doesn't even have a single top 15 player. And you compare them with GSW with 5 all nbaers, and two mvps? LOL

ghettocheeze and mockster like this.
  8. mockster

mockster Member

I’m fine if Boston does that, because it’s somewhat of a level playing field, plus they wouldn’t be as stacked as warriors even then.

Kyrie is the only tier 1 Star, everyone else is no where close to warriors stars except “if” they got Anthony

At this point I hope Celtics do to take down these fake champs and that may not even be enough

malakas likes this.
  9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Final straw would be Capela leaving for the veteran's minimum...

lw17 likes this.
  10. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

I'm predicting the Warriors will sell out damn near every arena they play in and the Lakers vs warriors matchup will have incredible ratings.

11. bevo202

bevo202 Member

Well they drafted Steph, Klay,and Dray outside the top 8. Who have drafted besides Capela who's even on the roster?

12. mockster

mockster Member

I can live with who they drafted, that’s fair, they were winning rings and made the best nba record in history but to add stars searching for rings is stupid and unnessecarey

13. Minerrocket77

Minerrocket77 Member

All of you whining about it's not fair and I am boycotting the NBA.... wow really? I don't need know about you all but I love dynasties and teams like golden state I want my rockets to find a way to beat the titan!! It's sooo much for satisfying!! Not ohhh it's our turn it should be fair . What babies you are --- stop crying about good competition

14. bevo202

bevo202 Member

We would do the exact same thing if we could it's called being smart. A team has two goals win rings and make money

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

HOU should have done this in the final minutes of Game 7. let that shhiit be played on youtube forever and everyone know it was on silver's watch

16. mockster

mockster Member

Okay..... still doesn’t excuse them for signing Durant or cousins

I guess you’d be fine if next year Lakers get kawhia, Butler and Anthony?.

If you like 1 team leagues then be my guest

bballjunkie and DonKnock like this.
  17. mockster

mockster Member

Could you please tell me where the competition is?. I’m still looking for it.

lw17 and DonKnock like this.
  18. malakas

malakas Member

Not everyone is like you who only likes dynasties and bandwagons to whoever wins.
    Being a so called crybaby is his right as a paying customer. The product SUCKS ASS and he won't be paying anymore.

Guess where the dynasties that you like make their money from? The "crybabies". Or you think that dunking the ball in a basket is some kind of great contribution to society?
    It's because of ppl like you that there's no parity. Congratulations!

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

That’s different. Boston would have to trade for these stars and give up assets. I don’t hate Boston for fleecing the nets and making smart moves to rebuild quickly.

The warriors are just signing players and giving up nothing. Just keep adding to the most stacked team of all time. If the Warriors actually traded for KD or Boogie, they would be out at least Klay and Draymond.

Red.Glare and malakas like this.
  20. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I dont get all the uproar - we are still one Curry or Durant ankle turn away from a title and believe me those assholes are due. Payback is a b****.