1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets meeting with Michael Carter-Williams? Oh lawd....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by donkeypunch, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Or just late

2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

[​IMG]

cml750 likes this.
  3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Ariza's replacement or our new human victory cigar? I'd rather have Bobby Brown tbh.

4. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

I can remember a time when nobody wanted to keep Livingston here.....

I can remember when people thought Scott machado was better..... smh

6’6” ball handlers aren’t littering the league right now.....

Worth a shot.... aren’t you guys tired of having these midgets or “little people”on the floor all the time????

BigShasta and crimsonghost like this.
  5. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

Is MCW for Livingston?

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

A taller player is completely irrelevant if they aren't even using their length or even contributing for that matter

saleem likes this.
  7. jayfree

jayfree Member

This is all a rouse to show Lebron we have options ;)

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

An yes, the worst combination of Austin Rivers and Ryan Bowen

9. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Everyone was btching about how CP3 is overpaid due to his age and being injury prone. Well, this is insurance for CP3.

BigShasta and skroodup25 like this.
  10. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

MCW? really? he been sucking after his rookie season

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well at least he is something, cannot think of anything else.

12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

13. davisag9

davisag9 Member

These types of videos can be made for literally any player. MCW showed his rookie year than he has some juice. Could just be a mental thing and not being around the right guys/coaches. I wouldn't be stoked if he signed here but I don't see anything wrong with giving him a shot on a cheap deal. If it doesn't work out, so be it.

14. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

He's 26 and has had enough shots. If it's a confidence thing, then he's clearly not getting it back.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yes

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He better be locking players up if he is ever going to see the court for the Rockets. I don't see how he fits this team in any way unless he improves his shot a lot.

DonKnock and BigShasta like this.
  17. freckleslol

freckleslol Member

His defensive metrics are quite good. Per BBRef, he's always put up a positive defensive BPM, and this season past he was a +2 on defense which is good for 58th in the league. It makes sense: he's tall, long, gets lots of steals, and can switch. So he makes perfect sense for us on one side of the floor.

Unfortunately, he's been a net negative for the majority of his career due to his horrendous shooting. This outweighs his acceptable distribution and turnovers.

(Interestingly, he's almost the inverse of Gerald Green, who last year was a positive on offense but a net negative due to poor defense.)

A potential MCW signing is interesting to me, because we can see exactly how he'll fit in on defense, and I expect the Rockets believe they can help him perform better on offense.

He's a career 29.6% corner 3 shooter, which is obviously poor. And he's an at-best adequate finisher at the rim. But... If MDA insisting he shoots with confidence gives MCW the rhythm and self-belief to shoot from the corner at 33%, and he only shoots from the corner and the rim, and he's a strong defensive player - particularly in our scheme - then I think there's a route to a positive player.

Perhaps he comes, and he can't shoot, and he's ultimately useless. But there's a path to MCW being a positive for the Rockets. And we should embrace all positive roster additions for the minimum!!

withmustard likes this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Mda project if he signs up.

Maybe his **** shooting is all about confidence?

Tuck worked his way to a servicable hotspot. I can't see why mcw can't do the same thing... At a discount.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don’t get it really @Clutch i know he’s an ok defender but he’s sooooooo bad as an offensive player

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he was also given the ball on a bad Sixers team and allowed to do whatever he wanted. He is only good for his long armed defence