1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Leftist restaurateur Fat-shames Sarah Sanders

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jun 23, 2018.

1. conquistador#11

I'm strictly here so I can post this:
    [​IMG]

peleincubus likes this.
  2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Freedom of commerce. "Trump Officials" is not a protected class under law.

Restaraunt owner is free to not serve her. Just like those people mad at this are free to not eat there.

adoo likes this.
  3. Newlin

Newlin Member

Frankly, I have no sympathy for Sanders. She does the work of the devil.

peleincubus and SF3isBack!! like this.
  4. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Have no problem with it, let the market deal with consequences. My guess is Red Hen loses business over this and has to lay off workers. I do find it funny that the other unaffiliated Red Hen has come out strongly distancing themselves.

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Womp womp

adoo likes this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I kind of disagree with removing her. Best to just serve her and get her out of the restaurant. That being said, she is a vile human being. If she ever had any principles, she's sold them out.

jcf, edwardc and SF3isBack!! like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What is good for the goose is good for the gander - she lies about everything has zero integrity, time for accountability by the public.

If you don't like it, stop lying...

DD

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

only Democrats are allowed to lie

deadlybulb likes this.
  9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Pretty sure this is offensive to blacks, gays and immigrant families. Seriously Sam? Do you think being these things are handicaps? I’m not even trying to talk **** or put up some kind of strawman.

Don’t even really know what to say...I think you are just promoting some kind of greater victim mentality. I don’t think you are arguing against some sort of greater idea like the existence of free will since you said Sarah Sanders made her choice.

Whatever...you do you...you clearly live in your own world with no consideration for anything outside of it.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You realize that the people he named are historically people who get kicked out of places for just being who they are right? or are you... never mind I don't even have to ask, lol.

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Ones beliefs aren't a choice either.

Don't believe me? try believing you're a nazi and tell me how genuine it feels.

12. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Who you work for is a choice.

Nook likes this.
  13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

russia380 - stay cool doood

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This coming from the same group championing the SCOTUS decision with the Baker.

The Right being whiny little hypocrites.... YA DONT SAY!

Also- Kicking her out, I don’t agree with, but I absolutely believe she should be engaged in public in a professional manner but one that pretty clearly denounces the poison she gives the public on a weekly basis (about as often as she does her “daily” briefings).

SHS lies to the American people for a living. That’s just a fact that should make her a pretty unpopular public figure and shouldn’t be shocking when she’s challenged by the public when out of the comforts of the DC elite and Trump hotels.

adoo likes this.
  15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Why are all of these government officials trying to eat out lately? They should pack a meal and go chill at starbucks.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

It is comforting to note that not all conservatives agree with trump, huckabee, etc...

18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You should read this article before jumping to conclusions.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ckabee-sanders-to-leave-and-would-do-it-again

Essentially the staff poured the gasoline on the issue and then ignorantly lit the flame.

The staff called the owner and requested her to drive over to the restaurant and kick SHS out.
    The staff wrote on a whiteboard bragging they kicked SHS out.
    One of the staff then took a photo and posted it on their facebook, again bragging about kicking SHS out.
    It went viral immediately and the reviews of the restaurant plummeted.
    Only after it went viral did SHS confirm it happened.

Then you have the media misinforming on the situation stating it happened in the DC area, where another restaurant with the same name but completely unaffiliated are dealing with the fallout.

Then the party of the tolerant who believe its ok to bully and insult those who we disagree with resolve to making snide comments about their weight.

And we wonder why this country is so divided politically; Both sides are intolerant and hateful. The silver lining is it tends to be the highly opinionated people who believe they are more intelligent than their counterparts who display these tendencies. Fortunately they are not the majority.

deadlybulb and durvasa like this.
  19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I read the whole thing.

My take is (from the PBS article and the WP article), there was no gasoline. There is no flame. There was no bragging. Everything happens politely...

the gasoline, flame, hate... were reactions...

As I posted earlier, reaction is way worse than the incident.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

As soon people start playing the game of "well, our side has the moral high-ground, so its for us to treat people on the other side like crap" they've made the situation way, way worse. If they strongly disagree with someone, the goal should be bring that person to the center, and that's only achievable by treating them with respect (whether they think they "deserve" it or not). Choosing to socially punish a person they strongly disagree with on a political matter doesn't achieve anything, and is actually totally counter-productive to any sensible political goals they may have.

#40 durvasa, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018