1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We put a team out there that GS couldn't match up with...ergo..them needing all the help they got.

Ryan took himself out of the rotation.

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Vegas over/under on what our insiders are up to.....

-120 Taking a dump
    +340 Playing fortnite
    +400 Helping their neighbor move
    -420 Swimming in women with they own condominiums
    +600 Barricaded in moms basement
    +140 Hiding in the local private high schools ventilation system

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

If he wanted out in July... I have a hard time believing that had LeBron asked for the move in June, that Cleveland's FO would've had no clue of any discontent and rejected him.

While I acknowledge that if all things are equal CP and LeBron would love to play together, they've each shown time and time again that they won't force it. Considering the results of the Rockets and Lakers this season, it would very much be forcing it in this instance.

#3203 The Cat, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    don grahamleone likes this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Regarding Melo and the Rockets. I could certainly see him bought out from OKC and he would then be free to choose his destination.

If Melo considered the Rockets, he would see a 65 win team that went to the WCF and has a PF in PJ Tucker that is entrenched in that position. And assuming Ariza comes back, Ariza at SF, whose main job is to guard the opponents best wing player.

Melo would know "up front" what the forward rotation is, how it is set. And if he chose the Rockets, it would be completely with the understanding that he is a 6th/7th man bench scorer. That would be the role.

Perhaps his ego wouldn't allow him to accept that. But if so, he could go somewhere else. But if he was willing to accept that role, he could have a place on the Rockets and I wouldn't see it as an issue chemistry wise because the role would be DEFINED UP FRONT and accepted UP FRONT.

joshuaao and Vivi like this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hey Cyerex,

How pissed are the Lakers that the Spurs won’t even answer their phone calls?

Must be nice to not have p*****s in a front office

D-rock, LFE171, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

RC and Pop aren’t going to get fleeced.

7. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

"Aye P, they said I gotta come off the bench."

DonKnock, justtxyank and J Sizzle like this.
  8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Bs if Melo comes Ariza would be on the bench or Tucker. Now who is on the floor to finish games is up for a debate.

jch1911 likes this.
  9. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

You add Carmelo only if Lebron signals it as a prerequisite to come, but I think Lebron is smarter than that.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Melo wouldn't be starting over either of those guys and for good reason.

justtxyank likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, he would, and that's why I don't really want him unless it ensures Lebron is here. Melo's ego won't allow him to come off the bench for the best interest of the team.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

With CP3 in the lineup he would. They would start Melo in this offense. You wouldn't be able to put him behind Tucker or Ariza considering both of them are starters now. I'm not saying it's right or wrong I'm just looking at the reality of the situation.

jch1911 likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don't think so. We've seen the philosophy has shifted more to a defensive mindset with cp3 and harden. Offense isn't what's needed in the starting unit. Toughness and defensive versatility is what is needed next to them. Melos role on this team would be a bench role.

SpGish20 likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don't think so. My thoughts about this above. Melos defense is atrocious

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Sounds nice and right but when shots are off going 0 for whatever who out of Ariza, Tucker and Melo is more feared to leave open or attack the rim? That what they would try to sell but i agree with the idea of him coming off the bench.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What I'm saying is that I don't think he'd accept that role. Melo only cares about Melo, what's best for the team isn't even a consideration.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

At this point melo isn't much of a fear anyway. If he wants to win he needs to realize his role is not something that's going to be featured as if he was 10 years younger. Especially now when he's so much slower and declining.

Even when shots are off the rockets are finding ways to win now as we've seen bc of how much they've focused on defense. That was true not only in the regular season but the playoffs as well. This is no longer just try to outscore your opponent team.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

I agree. I've been off the melo boat ever since his early days in okc and just following him throughout the year.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

So much this. Melo is unhappy with his role in okc and we’d be asking him to take less of one. I just can’t see it working. He said he thinks he can still be a featured player on a good team

SpGish20 likes this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The reality of the situation is the Rockets are a top 3 defense with Ariza/Tucker at the forward spots and Melo is not going to force them to the bench.

The choice to come to Houston would be Melo's and he would know the role up front. If he doesn't like the role, he can look to a different team.

Richie_Rich, SpGish20 and YOLO like this.