1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft live right now -- come join us!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Cruelty

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not making that argument.

Posting an article that show what's going on there since there has been discussion on this point.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  2. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

So, the President holds a press event today with families of victims of illegal alien violence, and of course, CNN does not cover it live. Instead they’re talking about children being housed on military bases.

Guess it did not fit the narrative that illegal aliens are fantastic people and thus it must be ignored or minimized. The left wing media and their agenda is a complete joke.

What those angel moms and dads are going through... that’s the real “Cruelty”. Y’all are worried about some POS illegals being separated from their kids for a few days when they made their decision to break the law. How bout American citizens being separated from their loved ones forever, who were in their own country, doing nothing wrong?

Anyone demonizing Trump for trying to get a handle on this situation and enforcing our laws is pure scum. I’m talking to a lot of you.

#842 Aceshigh7, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    RocketsLegend likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Being called "pure scum" by someone that is filled with so much hate for people is, well, something I am very comfortable with.

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Has a single Democrat condemned the parents for risking their kid's lives, yet or is it much more fun to yell about Trump?

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The Democrat platform is anti self responsibility.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You realize that the very reason they are doing what they are doing is because they face death if they stay where they are? So lets get this right... in your view people trying to escape death are irresponsible because they are trying to get to a safe place where they won't be killed. I hope one day you're given the same decision to make. If it comes between saving your family from death and committing a misdemeanor I would love to see what you choose.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are they following the President's example?

8. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Give me a break!!! Facing death? Please. You sound like a CNN sound byte. Hell, just look at the case of the poster child of this crisis. Wanted to live then American dream. Husband had a stable job. Things were “fine but not great”. Took the kid without the husband’s consent.

These people aren’t facing certain death, and if so, why not claim asylum in Mexico?

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

No, they are economic migrants. People using children to get past the border is more popular now. As is using teenagers as fentanyl drug mules.

Father of girl on cover of Time magazine:

He said he heard from friends that his wife paid $6,000 for a coyote - a term for someone who smuggles people across the border.

'I wouldn't risk my life for it. It's hard to find a good job here and that's why many people choose to leave. But I thank God that I have a good job here. And I would never risk my life making that journey.'

RocketsLegend and Aceshigh7 like this.
  10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

and there is the new Democrat talking point. "They're just seeking Asylum" Asylum Asylum Asylum. You do know that many of them say they want Asylum after getting caught and arrested, right? Don't be so naive. Also, you don't have to cross the border illegally to seek asylum and if you do so you're going to get arrested.

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I feel horrible for the angle mom. That has to suck to lose your child to a senseless crime.

But what is the point of making it a competition with children separated at the border? Is that really what she wants? If it is, then great she wins. Having your child murdered is indeed worse than having your child taken from you (providing that you end up reunited with the child).

But does it prove any kind of a point? Does that make it okay to cruelly separate children at the border?

I hope her and her family work healthily through their grief.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Unless you can find research saying that none are seeking asylum and their life was never in danger where they are coming from then you are pretty much just posting irrelevant ****.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I can remember when trump defenders were complaining about victims of gun crimes being used... and here is trump autographing the portraits of violent crimes? How repulsive can trump get...

Terrible that these parents lost loved ones. Also terrible that their losses caused by such a small subset of a larger population should be used to increase fear and hatred of the entire population.

Of course, trump has to stoke that fear and hatred. Along with telling outright lies (eg. "only sending their worst)... but that's what one expects from a demagogue.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Except Democrats want to implement catch and release

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yikes, that is really tacky at the best.

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Vast majority of asylum claims are fake to exploit the law and stay longer. These false claims are hurting those who actually need asylum.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

show the research. no offense but lets not rely on your intelligence or your word post the research.

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

That still doesn't make it illegal or wrong for people to seek asylum.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member