1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

why would he go get paid slightly more to a losing team? He wants to win. Also a team like the hawks isnt going to sign a player like ariza. He makes them better. They are tanking.

You said especially if we get lebron, which means you think hes gone without lebron. I just think you're completely wrong and Im probably going to be proven right. I will remember you when so. If we get lebron we might not sign him unless its a good value contract. But he most certainly would still be a vital piece on the team. Why would he be a bench player. Lebron is a BIG small forward that plays the 4 most of the time. Ariza can also play the 4. We switch everything. Hes still a starter and Tucker is on the bench. We need players who can defensively switch. You need 2-3 bench players that can still do that.

2. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Celtics were dogsh&^ for years to get those lottery picks. They tanked and robbed brooklyn Those were high picks. We drafted clint capela. We own all our picks after this year. We are in win now mode because we are at the pinnacle of win now. Its time to go all in. This is literally the dumbest effin post . my god

3. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Yeah, I think Tucker starts at the 4 with Ariza off the bench. And, he already has a ring. Agree to disagree then I guess. I'm just more pessimistic, especially IF LeBron comes. I can't see him being worth $16 M per year with tax. I hope I'm wrong.

4. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Ariza isnt making 16 million a season lolol. No one can pay him that. No tanking team is going to pay him that. They dont want to get better.

5. itsoktobealone

Ahhhh the tears I can feel pouring from the faces

6. forchette49

I'm talking about the actual cost of his deal to the Rockets per year, not what he'd be signing for.

7. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

The rockets are all in to win. They are going to pay him a reasonable market contract. We arent a repeater tax team for atleast the next 3 seasons. Hes freaking friends with CP3. He was effin crying after game 7. Give me a break. Hes coming back

HakeemOnlyFan and Hakeemtheking like this.
  8. jch1911

jch1911 Member

itsoktobealone = Scott Tenorman
    [​IMG]

9. forchette49

Good! I pretty much figured that Tillman was using hyperbole when he said he's willing to spend whatever, mostly referring to matching Capela and re-signing CP3. It's not like I'm paying Ariza's salary...

10. sabesque

sabesque Member

Kuzma + Lebron + Alex Caruso. Champion contenders in the west for sure.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. riko

riko Member

That team won’t even make the playoffs

sabesque likes this.
  12. aroundtheblock2

Yeah Danny Ainge lucked out so much as the Nets decided to act like complete r****ds in one offseason. There's no skill right there, just pure unadulterated idiocy by the Brooklyn Nets.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Yeah really what is he doing trying to win? I mean championship contention is awesome but ****ing Murry needs to start stashing those picks you know.

14. curbur

curbur Member

lmao yes they f’ing would with Lebron.. probably the 5-7 seed though.

15. Madclownpacasum

Can Capela refuse to sign an impossible contract that Rockets can't match?? Don't know how rfa works please let me know

16. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

He can sign whatever contract he likes.. But if Dalass or someone throws down a full max in front of him you think he isn't signing it?

amaru and Madclownpacasum like this.
  17. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Not with the union president on the team

18. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

But like that doesn’t take us out the running?

19. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Yes. In Windhort’s opinion the Rockets are out of the running.

BigShasta likes this.
  20. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

it would be hilarious if Lebron DOES pick up his option. Not because that keeps the Rockets in play (which I hope, but have doubts), but just to shut this dude up. I would laugh so hard I might not be able to recover. Just be a laughing fool the rest of my days.
    [​IMG]

don grahamleone likes this.