1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cancel Lebron..The Rockets need to focus on Paul George

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeemthagreat, May 29, 2018.

1. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

The only way we would be able to get PG is LeBron staying in East with the Cavs.

2. hakeemthagreat

No. He puts up the best stats in the postseason. But the best player is Kevin Durant. As far as fit, Paul George is a better fit for this team. We need a guy that can defend, shoot & occasionally create his shot. Lebron's defense is terrible at times. Offensively he's alot like Harden in holding the ball. PG can shoot off the catch similar to Gordon. I understand Lebron's gonna bring the "hype" you young fans crave about. But the best BASKETBALL fit is Paul George

TheSource likes this.
  3. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Lebron’s defense is only terrible this year cuz he had to carry Cleveland’s offense. In Houston he would not be asked to create 90% of teams offense. Him, Harden, CP3 would share the load and they would all play significantly better on the defense end.

Did you just say KD is better than Lebron? KD is a better scorer than Lebron but Lebron does everything else better.

If we get Lebron, he should run the offense and Harden can catch and shoot better than Lebron or a Paul George.

4. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

KD is the fourth all-star on a stacked GSW squad. Put him on Cleveland this year (and LBJ on GSW) and the Cavs struggle to make it out of the first round, while the GSW sweep everyone! GTFOH with that KD nut licking bro

RyanB likes this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

The whole KD has a stacked team isn't valid. When he played in the finals in OKC against Lebron and 2 OTHER SUPERSTAR PLAYERS in Miami, he still averaged 30pts on over 50% shooting. So yes Lebron does more of the little things. But KD's scoring is so much more better, those little things don't really matter. Also KD's defense is better than Lebron's. IMO, Lebron's a statchaser. He'll get his triple double then mail it in in the last 2 minutes. KD's a closer which is why I give him the advantage

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Didn’t he hit like 3 game winners in this playoffs alone? Where does this mail it in last two minutes come from. More like fatigue kicked in after scoring 51 pts and ref screws you over. The only stat chaser in the league that can leave a team and they go from first to last.

You bring up the OKC series like it was even close. Thunder won one game. KD scores but doesn’t make anyone around him better. You act like OKC didn’t also have 3 all stars plus Ibaka. Shoot they had 3 MVPs even though they were young. Wade was old. Bosh has always been overrated. Didn’t he score 0 pts in a finals game once.

saleem, hou$tonScrew$tonTX and RyanB like this.
  7. hakeemthagreat

I'm talking about on the biggest stage. When the stakes are highest & your legacy is on the line. Lebron thinks he's playing with house money. He thinks just by getting to the finals it's equal to a championship because his stats speak for themselves. But that's not how legacy works. You gotta compete. Lebron stopped competing when it was clear he his was outmatched. Stop making excuses. He quit in the finals

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

KD quit in OKC and never won a thing until he got with Steph, Klay and Draymond.

saleem likes this.
  9. CCorn

CCorn Member

My second favorite offseason scenario, behind the rockets getting a legit 3rd star, is if the clippers get Leonard, George stays in OKC, and Lebron stays east. Leaving the lakers with nothing.

Best possible situation is the first two with us landing Lebron.

RyanB likes this.
  10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Kobe quit on his team, and he couldn't even get to the biggest stage.
    Jordan quit on his team, and he didn't make the biggest stage.

What do you expect a guy to do? He played arguably the best game of his career and lost the greatest team of all time. Your delusional if you think Cleveland realistically had a shot at winning 1 game. No player ever would have been able to replicate that performance four times. Some times its about matchups, and his Cleveland teams have had no shot. The fact that he beat this Warriors team once was already an accomplishment, but he will regret it the rest of his career because it enabled them to get KD. Best players in the finals in order.

Lebron
    KD
    Steph
    Draymond
    Klay
    Iggy
    Jordan Bell
    Javale Mcgee

Everyone else tied for suck.

The one time Lebron choked in the finals was against Dallas. Only time he has lost as the favorite.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'd slot Love ahead of Iggy but yea agree with the rest of the list lol.

12. hakeemthagreat

Lol. Lebron didn't win anything until he got Wade & Bosh. You do realize these same petty rebuttals apply to Lebron as well?

13. hakeemthagreat

#233 hakeemthagreat, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

No one else in the GOAT conversation was ever asked to do as much as he did. You should know your moniker is Hakeemthagreat. The only reason Hakeem isn't in the conversation is because his supporting cast for most of his career was like Lebron's and he did not win enough titles. In fact most people don't even consider Hakeem the top center which is crazy.

Lebron finally just took matters into his own hands to have a shot.

15. hakeemthagreat

Wade
    Bosh
    Ray Allen
    Love
    Kyrie

We would've won 5 championship if Hakeem had this type of talent around him.
    That narrative that Lebron's never had a supporting cast is false. He's actually had a more favorable supporting cast than most superstars

justtxyank likes this.
  16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

You group them all together like he played with all four at the same time.

Bosh and Love are both overrated. Putting up meaningless stats on losing teams. Wade had 2 good seasons with Lebron and then was on the downside of his career. Kyrie is always injured. They might have had one more ring if he wasn’t hurt soo much in the playoffs.

You completely missed my point. If he stuck it out in Cleveland he may have won 1 or 2 titles just like Hakeem and no one would consider him as a GOAT. So he took matters into his own hands and created a team to win. I don’t find fault in what he did at all. Small market teams like Cleveland are at such a disadvantage in the NBA. All other greats played with great players to help them win multiple rings.

Jordan had
    Pippen
    Rodman
    Kukoc
    Multiple role players(Horace Grant, Ron Harper)

Kobe had
    Shaq
    Gasol
    If you count 37 year old ray Allen. Kobe played with Karl Malone and Gary Payton.
    Multiple Role players (Horry, Fisher, Fox)

Magic and bird played with basically a dream team.

Just look at OKC, they shoulda had a dynasty and now all they have left is Westbrook.

#236 RHU525, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  17. Garner

Garner Member

Unsubstantiated assertion doesn’t contribute to this forum in a meaningful way.

You just tossed out an interesting scenario. Why is that true?

18. hakeemthagreat

(Sighs) Ofcourse you're gonna say they're overrated to fit your false narrative of Lebron James not having any talent around him lol. Chris Bosh was a SUPERSTAR before going to Miami. Love was a SUPERSTAR in Minny, with a ability to hit 3's, score down low & average 12 rebs. Kyrie was the CLOSER on that Cavs team with Lebron, he SAVED them game 7 of the finals. Kyrie was the leading that in the 4th qtr points playing with the "King". You guys keep scrambling to rearrange the facts lol.

Kukoc & multiple role players? Lmao. Pau Gasol? None of these players were as a good as Wade, Bosh, Love or Kyrie. Lebron's had more overrall talent around him than Kobe & MJ throughout their careers. He's already played with 5 superstars on 2 different teams. Dennis Rodman NEVER averaged 26pts & 12 rebs. Shaq never closed games for the Lakers like Kyrie. Kukoc never had the skillset Chris Bosh had. This is delusional

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

You totally miss the point. I never said Lebron had no talent around him. I am saying he had to leave Cleveland to create his own teams because before he left he had no talent around him. He's definately played with talent but also no other super star has had to play these warriors who are the greatest team of all time, so he would need at least 2 stars to compete.

You throw around the term super star rather loosely. Love and Bosh All Stars fine, but Superstars? No way. Bosh and Love couldn't even lead their respective teams to the playoffs consistently by themselves. I would hardly qualify them as super stars. They are basically Devin Booker. Just cus you score a bunch of points on really bad teams doesn't mean anything. I mean by your definition Jeremy Lin is a superstar cuz when he played by himself on the Knicks he was unstoppable.

I can't believe you discount Pau Gasol. He's is far away better than Love or Bosh. At least he got Memphis to the fourth seed by himself. One of the most efficient offensive players and solid defensive players ever. Look at what he did for the Spanish national team. His Memphis team finished higher than Kobe's Lakers teams.

I'll just leave you with this.

If Kyrie is soo good how come when he left Cleveland this year they still made the finals?
    If Bosh and Wade were soo good. I love Wade but he was not in his prime when playing in Lebron. How come they couldn't make the playoffs without Lebron?
    If Love is soo good, how come Cleveland played better when he wasn't even on the court this year? See Celtics game 7.
    If Kobe is soo good and was the heart of the team? How come they went from championship contenders with Shaq and then when Shaq leaves to barely making the playoffs?
    Even Michael's teams made it ECF without him.

I totally disagree if I was to rank players they have played with it would be. You lose all credibility when you discount Shaq who is clearly the best player any of these guys have played with and its not even close. Because Shaq is better than Kobe.

Shaq
    Pippen
    Wade
    Gasol
    Rodman
    Kyrie

20. hakeemthagreat

Kevin Love is a star. Kyrie was a star too but Lebron played a part in his departure. Now we're supposed to feel sorry for Lebron? Isn't he the GM of Cleveland?

I don't think you understand the concept of a superstar player sacrificing for the betterment of the team. If you're playing on a team with 2 other superstars, or possibly 1, somebody's going to have to accept a lesser role. Just because a player, whether it be Love, Bosh, Wade or Kyrie, accepts a lesser role, doesn't mean their not superstar caliber players. These guys play with Lebron and all of sudden they're no longer superstars? You guys find ways to put Lebron on a imaginary pedestal

Spanish national team? Cmon now lol. I'm 100% sure your just grasping at this point. Gasol best season he averaged 20pts & 9rebs. Compared to Bosh's 24pt & 10rebs & Love's 26pt & 13reb. Far away better? You're just making stuff up now. Bosh & Love were bonified SUPERSTARS. Those numbers are Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan type numbers. Pau Gasol wasn't even CLOSE to Bosh or Love. Lebron's had more "help" than just about any HOF player in NBA history. Check the numbers

It's called rebuilding. Instead of jumping ship, Kobe stayed with his team even when he was unhappy with the roster moves. He eventually won 2 more championships with the same organization. It's called loyalty to your organization. Lebron fans don't know what that means

Shaq's not even better than Hakeem. Yes he was a great player. But he was NEVER a closer & became a liability late in games due to his FT problems. Shaq said out his own mouth that after the 1st championship the team belonged to Kobe. The Lakers eventually kept Kobe over Shaq, yet you're telling me Shaq was the better player? The Lakers CLEARLY felt differently than you did lol. It seems you're the one losing credibility here