1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daily LeBron Odds Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coach E, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

It's clear to us that he'd be throwing away his career, but I can definitely imagine Lebron thinking, "Me and Paul George on the same team? Yeah, that would totally wreck the Warriors and win us 4 rings in a row!"

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

I was obviously joking on the 2nd part but the first part, that's why everyone says he should go to LA.

Come to LA! It's LA, it's the Lakers, come with Paul George. If you want to play with Lonzo & the kids, great. If not, ship 'em out for who you want. Magic Johnson, Rob Pelinka, come to LA! You already have 2 houses out here, come to LA! LA! LA! LA! bLAhbLAhbLAhbLAhbLAhbLAh...

3. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

LOL!

Those are all the names that have been linked to 'joining' the lakers this off season.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think he's that delusional, right now he's on a team with Kevin Love and it was like he was out there by himself. Paul George is a pretty good player, but Kevin Love looked even better when he was with the Wolves than Paul George has with the Pacers or Thunder. Now if Paul George is your 3rd option, you are doing amazing, but as a 2nd option? Not so much.

Now sure, Paul George gives you more defense than Kevin Love, but on offense Love is the better player.....and it STILL seemed like Lebron had no help because Love isn't any good at creating offense for himself. I just don't think that Lebron would look at a situation in LA where he'd still be the sole creator on offense and would see it as a lateral at best move basketball wise and would put him in a conference with at least 2 teams he'd have no chance of beating. On the bright side, he wouldn't be losing in the finals anymore because he'd have no chance of making it that far.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

yea. I'm calling BS on this report. No good reason to stay. He didn't commit last year, and things are more decisively pointing at him leaving this year, to me at least.

Hakeemtheking and Tfor3 like this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i spoke to a couple diehard since 2006 lebron fans today. mentioned the possibility of kawhi for love + #8 and they shot it down immediately. "he's taking a lot of flack right now for losing so many finals series, no way he goes through that again with CLE." then i asked about joining the fakers and they replied "same shhit but even worse w/ kobe heckling from the stands." they then begrudgingly said HOU is his best chance, even though they've never liked the rockets in the past. their only reservation was that harden might not share the spotlight

joshuaao likes this.
  8. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

I definitely believe he *wants* to stay. He just knows it isn't a good move to stay if he wants to win. I think when it says 'he's looking for reasons' it means he hopes the Cavs make some moves between now and free agency to convince him staying is the right choice.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Man, I hate the offseason lol.

BigShasta and jevjnd like this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think Windhorst's preference for offseason rumors is like an All You Can Eat buffet. No dish left untasted...I think he's looking for rumors to want to tweet.

#710 Invisible Fan, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Hakeemtheking and Tfor3 like this.
  11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Yeah, LeBron is definitely looking to stay another year in Cleveland so that he can get violated by the Warriors again and again.

How do you spell sweep?

12. aroundtheblock2

I believe this 100%, but he knows it's a long shot.

If Cleveland was better this would be a no-brainer. He would rather play in Cleveland over anywhere else all day.

After he pretty much confirms there's very little to nothing Cleveland can do with their roster, he'll turn to other teams.

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don’t think Lebron is coming here. Just too far fetched to be believable. But if I was waiting for news, I’d wait until it’s from his mouth. Or even CP3 directly.

“Multiple sauces say Dwight is waffling about going to the Rockets.”

The media is full of **** most of the time.

14. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Genius move by CP to troll the media, including SA.

Hakeemtheking and lionaire like this.
  15. MystikArkitect

The media was around Lebron every day, monitoring his every move, for weeks and couldn’t tell he had a busted hand.

Now they’re all experts on where he’s going to land?

The Houston area schools thing was a huge tell IMO. Especially when you consider Chris relocated at the end of the season because of his kids, probably to one of those schools.

Lebron has it easiest here. Immediately better than GSW, doesn’t get clowned because KD did it first, and has a good family situation. In LA anything other than a championship will get clowned, he won’t be better than GSW, and hell be distracted by Hollywood constantly. If it’s about winning this is the ONLY option. If it’s about his personal life and fame then go to LA and fade into obsolescence.

16. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Lebron should Just signs another 1 year max to stay and see what happens in 2019.

17. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

Windhorst is just afraid of this

[​IMG]

DonKnock and hongxingli like this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1559471

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Bobsputin, Fullcourt and J.R. like this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member