1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

lets not forget him yelling "wheres the ****ing help" on national tv. that would definitely help houston

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Glad we agree, Melo.

3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Why the **** are people acting like we'd be signing Melo to a max?

Fact of the matter is he'd be coming for the minimum/MLE. If he acts up, you bench him, and if he stinks up the lockerroom you cut him or trade him. We wouldn't be tying ourselves to him for years to come. He COULD and probably would be an effective bench player. Enough with the half-assed semantics.

Sanity2disChaos and joshuaao like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course you dont bc you dont get any. typically people don't care about something you dont have.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

LOL.

Want even an isolated incident.

Seen him yell at Adams several times over the season and playoffs asking for help defense when the guy himself was glued to the floor. Adam just learned to ignore his sorry ass.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Because

#1) We know he wont work out. His defense is a MASSIVE liability This is not even debatable.

#2) He has the potential to ruin our locker room chemistry with his drama.

I would rather not have anyone than have him, even if he came here for $1.

YOLO likes this.
  7. Sanity2disChaos

Lol. Boy stop the madness!! You have no idea!! Your opinion on the matter is flawed at best!! Melo would be fine in rockets red!

8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Cool. Half the league is a defensive liability, it doesn't matter if he's playing Joe Johnson minutes.

We're not gonna be tossing him out there for 30mpg.

Thanks for regurgitating the same bumper sticker talking points you've been spewing.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

they watch his highlights and see a bunch of nice turnaround fadeaways, jumpers in a defender’s face, and bully ball in the post, but they don’t see that in between all those things he’s missing a ton of shots, wasting a bunch of possessions with his inefficient ISO routine, and getting worked on defense

Melo wasn’t even playable against Utah in this year’s playoffs, but if we had him against GS, we would’ve been in the finals lol

Melo’s inefficient 10-15 points and horrific defense would’ve helped us so much against GS...

people don’t understand that Melo can be better than Ryno and still not be a good or valuable player

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

Zboy likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

the guy with 100 reps said so! Morey I hope you're reading this

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Where's the **** was the help?!??!

After he just rolls the red carpet for Harden...

[​IMG]

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

"They said I got to come off the bench P" #LOL #whome -melo

14. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

LOL disregard what I said earlier, the eye test has failed me. 90 ORTG and 110 DRTG against the Warriors last year smh

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Half the league isnt playing Warriors and contending.

Pick your 8 man rotation against the Warriors.

If Melo is in that rotation, Warriors are sweeping us with Melo's defense to exploit.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

but "16 ppg" though :)

17. amaru

amaru Member

I’d only take Melo for Anderson. Yes, Melo is putrid....but words can’t describe how bad Anderson is at this point.

hibbetts likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

In 78 games this season, Anthony averaged career-lows in points (16.2), assists (1.3), steals (0.6) and minutes (32.1). He also shot career-worst percentages from the field (40.4) and free throw line (76.7). Meanwhile, his PER dropped to a career-low 12.78.

You want more? Because I’ve got more. His Value Over Replacement Player dropped to an abysmal -1.1 this season, which ranked 537th in the NBA. Yes, it was 537th out of the 540 players who qualified. Anthony’s Box Plus/Minus (-3.8) ranked 396th, and his Win Shares Per 48 minutes (0.77) ranked 305th.

So Anthony isn’t an inefficient, ineffective player, he’s also a just a bad one these days. He’s too slow to defend consistently and — try as he might — he’s not quick enough to beat guys off the dribble one-on-one consistently anymore. If he was a dead-eye 3-point shooter, maybe he could have some value, but he hit just 35.7 percent from deep this season.

Let me guess, it was all because of Westbrook and because he didn’t want to be in OKC.

BigMaloe likes this.
  19. Sanity2disChaos

Ummm you do know the game is to put the ball in the basket!! You need offense first to beat the warriors. You can be a great defensive team and not be able to score. I think he can still score and counter his lack of defense.

All I hear is defense when we got beat by being out scored by a offensively gifted team.

20. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Come back when you find new talking points. I've been aware this is your stance on the topic for 45 minutes now.

the11mingdynasty likes this.