1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Akron Beacon Journal: “From LeBron’s own lips he doesn’t like Houston as a City”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jun 12, 2018.

1. rockets13champs

If Lebron is a foodie, and into the night life houston is the spot. But if you remember he did choose to go to Miami. Miami got the beaches, the weather, the lifestyle Houston lacks.

2. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

TBH though, if at this point of his career and family matters in his decision then he definitely does not have the kobe mentaility. Yes, Family should be number 1 and it should always be number 1, but houston isnt a bad place to be. Our school district aint bad and we are extremely diverse when it comes to food, we have almost everything you want in a city except for a beach. Yes traffic sucks donkey balls but so does L.A. Houston is the only place that gives him a chance to win a ring with cp3 and now MVP James harden. Also, it is not like he is going to be here for a long time 3-4 years at most.

3. brosef

brosef Member

Years ago when he was in NOLA CP said he liked Houston as a city. I cant remember exactly but I think it was before the cp to the lakers, Pau to Houston trade was voided.

DonKnock, hakeem94 and vlaurelio like this.
  4. brosef

brosef Member

Thought this was shot down earlier today?

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

No, the only thing that was shot down was the notion that school officials would disclose the enrollment status of a 13 year old kid.

6. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

He will stay in the East, so he can make the final.

7. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

He himself played AAU ball for an Oakland team, so he likes Oakland?

8. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Reverse psychology

9. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

If he was enrolled or enrolling school would have just stayed silent. The fact that the commented at all seems pretty telling.

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

A lot of people who live in Houston would rather live somewhere else. But, they come here for the work. They come here to further their career. Maybe Le Bron will come here for the work.

francis 4 prez, RyanB and vonwafer like this.
  11. HTM

HTM Member

Obviously Lebron can have his own opinions but I was under the impression people in the NBA generally liked Houston?

Cleveland is widely recognized as a sh*thole. He played there for a decade. He can stomach River Oaks for two years.

francis 4 prez and RyanB like this.
  12. Rudy

Rudy Member

13. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Sports journalist are the thirstiest for news! This is a non story! Lebron knows what he needs to do! Win the next 3 chips to balance that abysmal 3-6 record. No place can do that for him except Houston or GS. And lbj not a snake like cupcake.

francis 4 prez and RyanB like this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I did mention LeBron doesn’t like Clutchfans and Houston. Either the organization or city. Part in jest; but
    part in seriousness. I’ve never seen much kindness directed towards the Rockets, the city and Harden.

Only thing I’ve seen LeBron compliment Harden was when Harden had the ridiculous triple double.
    LeBron tweeted something like “That’s insane.”.

We will see if LeBron has disdain towards Houston eventually.....if true.

15. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Sweet 2. One was on his new deal which translates to mucho money for other NBA players.

We got this in the bag then, LeBron to Houston.

17. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I wonder if anyone heard him say that he hates CA state income tax as well?

RyanB likes this.
  18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Jock tax makes it less of an issue, since half the games will be taxed per other states' rules.

I don't understand all this Houston hate. I love this city, and I missed it dearly while I lived elsewhere.

19. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Didn't say we had him in the bag, just refuting the idea that there is some issue between LeBron and Harden. Find a new slant :p

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Houston is heaven compared to Philly. But its tolerable because so close to NY.