1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quick Lebron Question

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ratman, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Ratman

Ratman Member

Okay so, if Our main way of getting lebron is if he opts into his last year and we trade for him, which he has to opt in by june 29th, does that mean if he leans towards the rockets he can’t even meet with other teams? July 1st is when Lebron can meet with actual staff and ownership of the team right? So he’d opt in for houston and bypass a meeting with popovich and the spurs as well as magic johnson and the lakers? He wouldnt even let them talk to him and present their side as to why he should go there? It makes me nervous because i believe he will weigh all his options so for him to opt in it really limits the others teams being able to present their ideas to him. Listen, i know hes a smart guy and he already can tell what some teams can do with their roster and what some can’t. I just find it incredibly hard if i was in his shoes to not even meet with some of these high profile guys who would want me. Am i missing something here? Does that concern anyone else with our chances of getting him?

bilaal14 and daywalker02 like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

CP3 decided not to meet with teams, so why can’t Lebron? CP3 bypassed a meeting with the Spurs.

gatsby, ghettocheeze, Tfor3 and 4 others like this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Why does he need to meet with teams? He claims he didn't even know who the GM of Cleveland was before he decided to go back there. They hired a coach, he didn't like that coach and got him fired.

For Lebron it's all about deciding where he wants to play and who he wants to play with. His conversations are going to be about who he can get to go with him to LA, who he'd have in Houston, etc. The rest is all semantics.

4. Ratman

Ratman Member

I also fear the lakers are overlooked on here, if kawhi wants to go there, they have the assets to make it happen. I think they could keep 2 of randle/kuzma/ingram/ball and pair them with kawhi/george/lebron which would challenge golden state in my personal opinion.

5. justtxyank

What assets do they have to make Kawhi happen? The only assets Pop would have interest in are Kuzma and Ingram and he could easily get better offers for Kawhi elsewhere.

arabrocket and everyday eddie like this.
  6. Ratman

Ratman Member

You aren’t suppose to come in here and shoot down my thoughts with facts. Thats now how this works. Thats not how any of this works. (I’m joking obviously)

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

CP3 is one of if not Lebron's best friend in the NBA.

This should be pretty simple. Either Lebron has decide to join the Rockets and his buddy CP3, or he is deciding on something else and will give CP3 a heads up.

I don't think he's decided anything yet, but once he's ready, he'll let CP3 know.

If Lebron is doing a "FA tour", it's probably not a good sign for Houston. For all sorts of reasons, Lebron is probably going to bypass the "tour" this time. He might take FA meetings which would be his tour, but if he does, that likely points to him going elsewhere.

As someone else said, CP3 made up his mind early. Lebron to the Rockets likely means him also making up his mind early - whether we hear about it early or not.

8. justtxyank

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The last time the Lakers and the Rockets were in a battle for the best free agent on the market everyone dismissed Houston's chances only to see Dwight Howard getting a parade in downtown Houston.

arabrocket, ryano2009 and Tfor3 like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

I agree. I think he's going to opt out & take visits.

Hear from Magic & the Lakers what their plan is. Hear from the Sixers. Give Pop/Spurs a visit. Whoever else.

"Well Chris Paul didn't take visits so LeBron don't need to take visits!"

Whether you think they mean anything or not, most of the stars take visits. LeBron took visits. Carmelo took visits. KD took visits. Hayward took visits. Dwight took visits.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Worst thing to happen to the team TBH. Set the franchise back 2 years.

12. jacoby

jacoby Member

I'll believe in Kawhi opting out of a 5 year supermax when I see it.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Like others said CP3 did the exact same thing just 12 months ago, the fact that we're clearly the only team on the same level of the Warriors as today might be enough for him to have no interest in listening to others.

14. amaru

amaru Member

Anderson’s contract was far worse. At least Howard is an nba player.

gatsby and Richie_Rich like this.
  15. jacoby

jacoby Member

If LeBron listens to other teams then he can't play with us. That's the thing.

Sure he can wait 48 hours to schedule sit-down meetings with other teams, but by doing so he would waive his right to get traded to perhaps the best basketball option on the table for him in the Rockets.

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Sure it wasn't a great marriage between the Rockets and Houston but it did escalated other things:

1. The beginning of McHale's end and eventual hire of D'Antoni
    2. Morey/The Rockets move from traditional big man play to more perimeter shooting
    3. Capela's emergence after seeing how Howard didn't fit into the system
    4. Us being in the position to possibly getting LeBron James

17. amaru

amaru Member

That era also had us within 3 games of the NBA Finals. It’s been far worse.

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Wasn't so bad.

That team with Dwight and James got to the WCF... just as far as this team did.

Now after that the dynamics of the team changed for the worst with egos and selfishness getting in the way, so I can see why you're saying it set us back. Yet, the signing still got an accomplishment for it.

So basically, not as bad a signing as Kelvin "we want our money back" Kato or Ryan "we just want you to go" Anderson.

[​IMG]

steddinotayto likes this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Dwight's feuding with Harden cost us Durant and probably ruined the league.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, tbh, u have every right to be nervous about this...I’m nervous AF about it too

I’m not confident that he won’t want to hear what Magic Johnson has to say.