1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Office Bathroom Etiquette

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Okay so when some of you guys get out in the real world and land corporate jobs or whatever, you need to know about bathroom etiquette:

1) Always wash your hands whether you have peed or pooped - you don't want the reputation of being some sicko that never washes their hands around the office.

2) When you have to take a dump, use a buffer zone of one stall or more. Nothing is more irritating and annoying than to walk in the bathroom and see that there is not a buffer zone for you to take your dump in peace.

3) Always flush and always make SURE that what you left in the toilet is GONE before you leave the stall. Nothing makes me want to punch someone in the face more than when I come walking into a stall and see toilet paper, partially decomposed feces and other waste sitting in the toilet, staring at me. We are not in kindergarten folks - so please flush and do so properly.

4) This is sorta of a corollary or addendum to #3, clean up after yourself and make sure that there is no pubic hair on the seat or dribbled piss or poop. Take a piece of TP and just go around the seat one last time to make sure it looks fine for the next dump taker.

5) Do NOT talk to people while you are in the bathroom unless you have some special relationship. Nothing is worse than being at the urinal and having some guy just chatting up a storm with you.

This is all that I can think of - feel free to add on!

LonghornFan and hieuytran like this.
  2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

All of these apply to any public bathroom.

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would add to always flush immediately after your initial poop exacuation, I.e courtesy flush. Having a pile of you crap stink up the bathroom while you play on your phone is gross.

superfob, RocketWalta, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Convo in the front (Hand washing station) is minimal
    Convo in the back (Urinals and toilets) is non existant!!

f*ck the water laws . . . flush AGAIN if there is still stuff there!

Rocket River

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

BTW . .. Don't talk on your phone!

Rocket River

6. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

What's up with people spitting in the urinal before taking a leak? I find this a strange ritual, but i see it often.

7. Manny Ramirez

Not flushing a urinal is bad but obviously not as bad as flushing the toilet when poop is still there.

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I thought that was just a very guy thing to do. I dont want people spitting on the floor and the urinal has a drain, its just easy to flush away as compared to a sink, where you have to turn on the water and hand splash the loogie off the bowl. I hadnt considered anybody would get bothered by this or if it was even weird for that matter.

9. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The buffer zone applies to urinals as well. It's very strange to be using a urinal on the end and have a guy choose the middle, next to you, over the other empty end urinal.

hieuytran and Killatron 2000 like this.
  10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

If you have a badge/ID Card on your belt, turn it around so no one can see your name under the stall while you take a dump. I don't want to know who's in there and I don't want anyone to know when I'm in there.

If there are only 2 toilets and someone is already taking a dump in 1 of them, find another bathroom. Nothing worse than someone coming right in and sitting down while you're in the other stall.

Don't brush your teeth at the office. Yes, I know you're supposed to brush after every meal, but come on. That's just weird.

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The one that always throws me off is. . . . .
    WHY DO YOU BRING FOOD OR DRINK INTO THE BATHROOM???
    Seeing someone eat in the bathroom is just weird and disgusting to me
    or an open cup drinking .. . leave it on the sink . . .go piss or dump then come back and take a sip . . .
    WTF?

Rocket River

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

If in a small office with only two stalls (which is actually only one because of the buffer rule), do your business and then get off the pot in the mornings.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Great thread. But y'all should try sharing a bathroom w physicists. My people are NASTY.

Os Trigonum and Manny Ramirez like this.
  15. Manny Ramirez

LOL, nice one B-Bob.

16. Manny Ramirez

Yes! There is a guy in my office who ALWAYS brushes his teeth after lunch in the bathroom! And great point about the badge thing - yes I would rather not know that it is the guy down the hall using the toilet taking a dump and doing all that tooting.

17. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Also, don't wear distinctive shoes. So many times I go in there and see under the stall: "Ah, the boss is blowing it out for the third time today."

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  18. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I have 2 pet peeves:

Exhibit A:
    [​IMG]

Exhibit B:
    [​IMG]

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Who goes into the stall and not check the seat before plopping down? Furthermore, who doesnt wipe the seat and then add a layer of toilet paper down before plopping down?

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Humble brag.

Killatron 2000 likes this.