1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey why don't you want Lebron?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Jun 1, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Agree I would have felt even better had we not traded for Dwight and Cp3 and still won it all with the core from 2012 who owned the woriers

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was called the Dwight sweepstakes and he joined as an Unrestricted Free agent. Hakeem, Clyde, Morey went to see him. A video was made with Yao..... he was in Aspen, skiing.

Would be funny if he went to GSW instead of Iguodala. No wing stopper but a cry baby.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

A LeBron title would certainly be a tad less sweet, but f**k it. After that snake b**ch made the league unfair, I want a title by hook or by crook at this point.

That banner is still gonna hang in Toyota Center, and it will say Houston Rockets, not LeBron.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Man ef that.. let’s get Lebron and win the next 3. As fans, it wouldn’t matter how we got it. Get r done

It hurts Harden’s legacy and it sucks that we we were so close yet no cigar. Gotta get that cigar

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

When the alternative is a greater likelihood of not winning, I’m fine with it. Personally I don’t think it’s important what others think anyways

6. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

LeBron James is quite possible the greatest player of all time. We can only hope a shared hatred of the Golden State Warriors brings him to Houston. Maybe this year's experiment with Chris Paul was just the prelude to this. Make it happen, Morey! Let's create this super team to take down the Warriors, but hopefully the NBA will make some better rules to prevent this type of thing from happening in the first place. Are we watching what is supposed to be a fair league where all teams have equal potential vs a representation of capitalism on the hardwood in which the team with the most money gets the best players and also the preferential treatment by the government . . . or NBA or whatever.

7. riko

riko Member

I’m not sure why anyone would not want Lebron even with the drama his arrival entails. Best player in the world and/ maybe the best ever.

8. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I could easily believe this was true except that CP3 and Harden were actively recruiting LBJ during the Melo saga and that CP3 is recruiting LBJ now. There is no way in the world he is doing that without Harden being on board actively. Cannot sell it to LeBron and any misgivings and assurances would have been discussed. Our roster and contracts will be set for 5 years after this offseason except MLEs so I don't think that will be a problem. No Tristan or JR contracts here after Ryno is gone. We will know 100% for sure when FA starts if you hear the name Paul George. Also remember that Harden in a couple of weeks is winning the MVP award, has his money, has his endorsements. Harden got a championship Monday night and had it stolen from him. Shooting or not Harden with 45 and a victory on Monday night would have been his legacy but that was taken. I think like CP3 and LBJ he NEEDS championships. Just like LBJ wants cover from stars to rest, Harden does for the same reasons. It extends everyone's career. Harden doesn't want to live at the mercy of the refs and he knows that now beyond all doubt. Since the refs rigged Games 6&7 this year, who doubts they would do it again given the opportunity. A measly couple of bad fouls in Game 1 of the Finals and every reporter cannot stop talking about the officiating. Cheating LBJ isn't accepted like it is for the Rockets. LBJ is a drama queen but I think that is amplified by disorder elsewhere. Winning seems to cure everything.

As to the rumors, during the playoffs and when the team was playing well toward the end of the season they were not going to entertain FA and exude confidence and teamwork. Also the media HATES the Rockets and specifically Harden, they don't want LBJ here with a passion. They prefer him in NY or LA. Philly will do because of the vicinity to NY. Warriors are the new Lakers. As to Marley's statement, I expect that from him because he has heard everything that we have. I would use that cover too. If the media believes something, let them go right on believing it.

9. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

CP3 and Harden had no ties here in Htown. LeBron too. Time to build that foundation.

10. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Barkley, Pippen, Drexler all former superstars joined to try and win a championship here. It's not our fault Warriors have 4 all stars. Do what it takes to win a championship otherwise the Warriors win next year.

11. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

youvegotbraincellscollectingdust... Short-sighted and hyperbolic. I do not want to lay in his wake, just ask the Heat. From a GMs and owners perspective: it puts butts in seats vs. "the Kings," raises season ticket prices, adds national TV games, drives revenue and viewership, etc. From a "true" fans perspective: the Tyson code in Punch-out.

I'd rather start from the beginning vs. Glass Joe...

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden only played for 2 teams and Houston has been a big part of his career and his Beard brand.

13. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

All we learned last Monday night is when we beat the Warriors we cannot beat the refs/NBA. Even when we beat them the NBA/media NEVER talked about us, only the Warriors. 65 wins is forgotten when you don't win. We are at 0 now my friend with 82 to go. It starts all over. Everyone already hates us or they wouldn't have been in such a hurry to screw us. Outside of this board, our championship this year will be forgotten because it was stolen and sitting in someone else's trophy case. Why should other teams be allowed to build the best team possible and win the championship but we are not permitted to do the same? I assure you that Boston, Philly, and even Golden State will all attempt to get better. This is and always will be a moving goalpost. Why, if we follow the same rules, are we forbidden to get better? If its competition when the Warriors plus the refs are against us then its still competition when we play them again. If we took this same team into next year and the refs rigged it again, which they would, are we supposed to keep saying good try, we gave it our best shot, good season, we'll get 'em next time? The Washington Generals don't interest me. If we could build a dynasty in a time of super teams I think a lot of people would like that, I believe they called it the 80s.

14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

The opinions of the few don't matter more than the opinions of almost everyone. Records don't change, the gold label on the back of the jersey that shows a number 5 doesn't tell you #4 didn't really count. There's a hard truth there for you and me my friend. There are rules that most everyone plays by, there are refs, and there is a championship every year that one team is going to receive. GSW received it this year but didn't win it. Someone is going to receive one next year and every year after that too. I can feel any way I want about it but those facts are indisputable. Please give me the acceptable lineup by your rules that we can win the championship with and I will show you Games 6&7. That can happen every year too. Every team is going to try and get better, it is not a given. Why are we not allowed and why does that have to ruin the way we feel? We follow the rules, we have one of the smartest GMs, and the incredible, almost unprecedented, series of moves that he made along with talent on the floor may win us more championships. We are not a team that was drafted, we are a Frankenteam. That is one of the astonishing and unique hallmarks of this Rockets team that we can embrace. That Harden trade and the sequence of ramifications would be a 2 hour documentary on a channel other than ESPN. Our other teams were drafted and usually that is the way teams succeed. Many teams fail at what we are doing, ask OKMe. The fact that almost each year we have done this and found a new way to get better as a team is something to be proud of not dismiss. Our team has not gotten stale and our players have had to get better to adapt to the new pieces.

The Yao years should all have taught us about what happens when you don't win. We had special stars and special players and never together. That 2008 playoffs if Yao doesn't get hurt we win the championship. Or 2005 when it was rigged, Scott Foster Game 3 and Tony Brothers Game 5. Yes, this isn't new and isn't a can't happen again thing. We didn't beat Scott Foster ONE time this season. I haven't dug up our record last year because I don't have to. We have paid the price, why should we all have to continue to suffer. There is no integrity or enjoyment in playing by one set of rules when others are playing by another. Maybe next time after this window closes we build the old way because new rules demand it and we can be happy about that team too while we reflect on how great this one ultimately came to be and the example they set.

15. pli777

pli777 Member

Because Paul George is the better fit

16. 1Deep

1Deep Member

LeBron is clearly the better player with a skill set that can fit into any offensive scheme.

And did you watch Paul George in the playoffs this year?

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

you think thunder would be that bad with lebron instead of pg? others fit to lebron not other way around

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I don't understand the whole "beating them with what you have" angle. "What we have" changes every year. We went out and got CP3 last summer, who was a consensus top 10-15 player at worst. So it's okay to get CP3 but not LeBron? We can talk about how awesome it would have been this year all we want, but it didn't happen. Before the series, we needed things to go our way to win. I realize how tempting it is to say "if CP3 was healthy, we would have won." And maybe that's true. But Iggy missing time mattered too. We won two close games that easily could have gone either way. There's no guarantee that just running it back next season would be enough. In fact, I don't think it will be. All of our core players outside of Harden and Capela are over 30, so they will all be a little worse. If you have an opportunity to upgrade your team, you do it.

If LeBron came, there are plenty of haters that will complain. There will be idiots that wrongfully compare LeBron joining the Rockets to what KD did. There will always be haters lol. I just want to win. I've watched since 2003 and we've never been this close. We went the furthest we've gone since '95. I can't imagine how painful it'd be to wait another 20+ years for a chance. Just gotta go for it.

joshuaao and bmelo like this.
  19. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

So... And your point is ??? Still not your championship. It's the rockets championship and I ontcare who's in the team as long as we win it.

20. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

2 reasons:
    • The season would become all about Lebron instead of Houston Rockets. This franchise have fought so hard to get to this point and cant just let him take it.
    • History shows whenever he decides to leave, the franchise will be left in ruins and won’t be able to get back to being competitive in years.