1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Chris Paul doesn’t plan on taking paycut for Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Jun 3, 2018.

1. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Max CP3 and immediately draft 3-4 point guards to learn under CP3 the next 4 years.

Bobsputin likes this.
  2. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Paul George isn't proven like Paul. We have to sign Paul and some help. Keeping our core is a sure deal. Adding more depth to prevent injury is the key to success. Lebron won't be coming to htown if Cp3 isn't here.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  3. threepointshot3

This theory is based on you’re overactive figment of ur imagination. Harden will never get traded unless he asks for a trade or he gets towards the end in the last year or two of his prime.

You are just making bullshite up and expect people to buy ur dumbass theories. None of the garbage you spewed is based on logic or facts. Unless you provide facts stop derailing threads to spread nonsense

4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Max players can find ways with any defense. If a 6’7 player like Draymond can stop your game.... you’re not max

5. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Then bye bye 1st seed

6. threepointshot3

Paul is better then George or any free agent not named Lebron so you sign him to a top heavy contract

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Look at the thread you are posting in.

It literally says “Chris Paul won’t take a pay cut”

Now you tell me how we get Lebron while paying Paul and Harden $30 mil each. That’s the fantasy. Trading Harden would be the most realistic path to landing Lebron, painful, scary or not. That’s the only real way.

Thinking the Cabs will take Anderson and Gordon with late first rounders just to go Lebron a solid is dope smoking hallucinations

8. threepointshot3

. Again there is no fact or logic behind the garbage you are peddling just you’re overactive mind. Go to sleep fool

Reeko, bilaal14 and Lawlruschang like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

How silly of the rockets becoming a championship caliber team. Such a bad organization

sammy and DonKnock like this.
  10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Wojo is not saying anything here. Paul will take a cut if it means Lebron is in Houston. It’s as simple as that. He won’t take a cut for anyone else

bilaal14 and DonKnock like this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

Overreacting? I’m not running around with Lolly pop dreams of a magical big 3 where the cap doesn’t exist. You must be the one asleep “fool”. I’ll hedge my bets and hope for the best but I won’t start religiously praying in things that could happen.

Chris could take a pay cut. Lebron could want to play with Harden enough to take less. All these non facts based on wishes to stars like a young child.

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Injured CP3 is not better than anybody.

13. aroundtheblock2

Its completely idiotic to even suggest we would trade Harden. It isn't happening, no way no how and I hate that there's even a discussion at all. No one should even post that unless they're trying to make a joke, because thats exactly what it is, a joke. Your suggestion is embarrassing.

Reeko and Fullcourt like this.
  14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Lebron won’t have to take a cut. Paul will. Yule c

bilaal14 likes this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

If suggesting trading Harden’s salary is a joke then the idea of convincing Lebron to come to Houston is a bigger joke. That’s the reality of the situation. This thread is about Paul not taking a pay cut. That makes getting Lebron impossible.

I’m sorry I have to bring reality into this.

16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

You are very good at cricizing decisions made by coaches and gms but i never see you provide viable alternatives.

Put your gm cap on, instead of signing paul what move do you make for us to compete

Reeko likes this.
  17. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

Does your brain not work? The warrant for the thread’s title is Woj’s opinion. You think he has factual insight into the business relationship between morey and paul? L-O-L that’s how everyone knew paul was coming to houston right?

Do you also not understand the concept of leverage? You think cleveland would rather talking nothing than gordon/anderson/late firsts? L-O-L

18. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

The purpose of the paycut is to fit other players within the salary cap. Tillman will be paying the luxury tax regardless, this has nothing to do with his willingness to spend

19. riko

riko Member

The Rockets can trade Eric and/or let Clint go to keep Harden and get LBJ. Those scenarios are all doable and far more realistic then you’re outlandish suggestions. Rockets have more ways available to them to get Lebron then just trading Harden away.

This has been said many times and bares repeating, it it more likely that Morey will get fired before Harden gets traded. Both are unlikely as each other.

dlite316 and bilaal14 like this.
  20. REEKO_HTOWN

Have the balls to say Chris Paul will take a pay cut next season. L-O-L. How about a tip jar bet? I’ve got $30 he won’t. You down?

I’m glad to pay it if I’m wrong