1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brooks: Obrien made me miserable

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by justtxyank, May 30, 2018.

1. raining threes

Yep

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

O'Brien has made me miserable too. I feel your pain, Brandon.

Mr. Clutch and arkoe like this.
  3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Man they have to show it for more than one season. They could easily regress back to their skitty old ways. And that's a bottom dweller team hunting for top ten draft picks.

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We don't know if Norwell would have worked in this system. Allen was a darn good offensive lineman in Kansas city. How did he fare here in Houston? Not so good huh. On the flip side I can name a lot of offensive linemen who were backups to start their careers. As soon as they got a starters spot they were darn good.

Gaines is another yes man to the head coach. And besides the plan was already in place way before we gave him this promotion. Bill O'Brien and Ronnie Crennel is calling the shots right now.

In this weak division, weak schedule 10-11 is not a pipe dream. Especially if our core players stay healthy.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Obrien is a fake tough guy... fake bully.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  6. raining threes

Give me all of the all pro OL I can get my hands on. Watch some tape and you can see how Norwell would've fit in very well.

The division is far from weak, 2 teams made it to the playoffs and one to the AFCCG. They also have improved their rosters more than the Texans did in FA and especially the draft. The Texans can win 10-11 games if they stay healthy and DW4 can perform at the historical levels he was performing at before being injured and the OL can just be adequate.

No Worries likes this.
  7. raining threes

What makes you say this?

The players play hard for him.

Is Belichick also a fake tough guy/bully? They have the same coaching style, talent level is the biggest difference between the two franchises.

8. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Brooks sounds like the millenials that we hire that care more about how their job makes them feel than they do about working hard. Different level for Brooks being a multimillionaire, but same general principle.

Also wonder if his feelings would be different if Philly had gone 6-10 instead of winning a SB. Of course the SB winning team would be more fun, in retrospect. Duh.

csj and raining threes like this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is just how it goes, the Texans have one bad season due to injury or whatever and teams like the Jags get overrated as a result. When you look at the Jags, they are a team with a good defense solid run game and no QB. They are essentially what the Texans were before they got Watson....but sure, they're world beaters because the Texans had a down year.

macho GRANDE and Htownballer38 like this.
  10. csj

csj Member

So you talk overall won-loss numbers when it suits you, then talk about "seasons". Texans have had winning seasons 3 out of the last 4 years.

raining threes likes this.
  11. csj

csj Member

Jags didn't "get overrated", much less "as a result" of the Texans having a bad season.

Never in history has a team been expected to win ¾ of their games based solely on weakness of schedule, especially when that would require going nearly undefeated against all opponents NOT in the conference finals the previous year, yet that's your ridiculous narrative. Is there any wonder why no one takes you seriously?

No Worries likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Serious people take me seriously....and then there's the other type of people.

You are correct, no one would expect a team to win 12 games based solely on weakness of schedule....which is why no one would suggest that and no one did suggest that.

Now that the straw man nonsense is out of the way, we can move on.

The Texans when healthy have one of the best defenses in the NFL and have a dynamic franchise QB along with one of the best WR's in the NFL. When people set expectations for the Texans, their pathetically weak schedule is just one of the factors. If you want to chime in on future occasions, you'd do well to dump the straw man nonsense and stick to what is actually being discussed.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Overall wins is how the experts view things as well as fans. In the last 4 years our team has been mediocre at best. The Jaguars in the past 4 years has been trash.

So dude don't try check me on something I said. Going 9-7 in this weak ash division is nothing to write home about.

14. csj

csj Member

Citation needed.
    Your post history says otherwise:
    "If the team is healthy, there's no excuse in less than 12 wins given the weakest schedule in the NFL. Anything less than that without significant injuries should get BOB fired."​
    It's interesting that you feel the need to qualify your previous statement now. As for "what is actually being discussed", NONE of "one of the best defenses in the NFL", "a dynamic franchise QB" and "one of the best WR's in the NFL" had been discussed in the thread prior to your blanket post above. Your dishonesty, as usual, is as transparent as your takes are shallow.

No Worries likes this.
  15. csj

csj Member

"View things"? What things? What experts? What fans? This is meaningless.

The suggestion was that the Texans are a "losing franchise". Go back and read the thread. All you're doing is moving the goalposts.

As for the Jags, are you suggesting they will be trash next year because they've "been trash" "the past 4 years"? You do realize they were a win away from the super bowl last year? You understand that teams can change, right?

I would suggest you not change horses midstream when your contrived arguments no longer suit your point of view. Either "seasons" matter or they don't. You don't get to talk about "seasons" only when it's to your benefit.

raining threes likes this.
  16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Wtf are you talking about. I've been a member of this darn forum for a long ash time. This is not my darn first time talking about the Texans. So miss me with that bullcrap.

Bobby who the bleep is this guy. Bwhahaha

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't think anyone was stupid enough to need all of that spelled out for them, especially given that all of those factors had been discussed previously, apparently I was wrong.....there really was someone foolish enough to think that I was actually basing my win number prediction on the schedule alone. I'll make sure to spell everything out just for you in every single post from here on out.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL honestly I have no idea but they showed up angry and looking to pick a fight with the rest of the board it seems.

20. raining threes

Who made the AFCCG and had the Pats on the ropes.

I'm a believer in 2 time SB champ Coughlin. He's brought toughness to that team.