1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst Superstar in NBA history

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsLegend, May 28, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To his fairness, Knicks are also a bad org.......I forgot when they were good, with Jeff Gundy?

2. BackdoorHarden

You're right. Harden would have been punched by CP3 if he had quit.

KD looked like he was going to quit in game 7, but then got yelled at by Draymond.

Guys like Harden and KD need someone to talk them out of quitting when things get tough or in KD case, talk them into leaving when it gets tough

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are right, KD got some mental block as well but I think he keeps on shooting.

KD is still 6'11 and can shoot over virtually anyone.

Out of those guys Russ is the most competitive, also the most inept player.

Russ + KD + Harden's strength in combo, that is a formidable player.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

How has this thread reached 6 pages?

5. igotwhipscollectingdust

CP3 at age 33 after many injuries is better than Harden but that's fine. Harden is a superstar but not really a number one option on a championship team. He'll be an MVP for us during the regular season next year and third fiddle to Bron and CP3 in the playoffs.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/pag...ps-ranking-lebron-curry-harden-top-superstars

James Harden Ranked #2 by ESPN in the top 10 Playoff performers this playoffs.

"Harden is likely to be named the MVP of the NBA this year based on his regular-season brilliance. He wasn't quite as spectacular in the postseason, and his team's loss to the Warriors in the Western Conference finals indicates to some that he's not as transcendent as he should be.

Nevertheless, he was clearly the engine of the Rockets with the best numbers, and his playoff net rating was better than teammate Chris Paul's. Paul and Harden were both necessary for the Rockets to have a chance to advance, but Harden carried the bigger load of the two."

As usual, ESPN destroys another Clutchfans narrative! Grrrrrrr.

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Wow I really can't believe I am seeing this thread. The man gave 100% on that court all season long, played through sprained ankles and this is the thread that someone starts?! He has his faults but the man just led this team to the furthest we've been since the Dream wore a Jersey. People here should be grateful we got him. This Franchise could have easily been the TracyMcgrady Magic or Tmac Rockets where first round exits become the norm the past few years. Be thankful and be grateful Houston Fans. We asked him to play defense, He did. We asked him to play out of position as pg, he did. We asked him to defer to another ball handler like Chris Paul, He did. He has improved every year since he has been a Rocket unlike TMac who clearly declined every year and never brought anything new.
    From watching videos on the Net of Rockets fans harrassing Ayesha Curry. Videos of fans harrassing Warriors Fans at the game.
    Now threads like this?
    What the hell has happened to Houston Fans?Don't bash Jazz fans, Mavs fans, or even Laker fans if this is the behavior coming out of our fan base.
    This city was once known for a Classy fan base. We all need to revert back to those days because this is disgusting!
    James Harden wears and Bleeds Rockets Red! We're going to live and die as far as that man carries us. His Jersey deserves to be on the rafters one day and will probably be the last Rockets player to wear number 13!
    Thank you James Harden for a remarkable season.

burlesk, bro2044 and Killatron 2000 like this.
  8. threepointshot3

You will have to ban his other ids such as igotwhipscollectingdust, ,wylo, hardens beard, akkem,walerio and god knows how many more. we are dealing with a truly sick individual

9. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

I've watched Harden over the years. He is not a money player. When the game and the season is on the line he chokes every time. He did it in OKC. He has choked up several times here in Houston. Maybe he will get lucky and get to play with an alpha dog like Lebron. I don't think Harden will ever be able to take a team to a championship on his own.

10. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Note that if Lebron was playing in the west he wouldn't be making his 8th finals. If Lebron gets swept or loses in 5 to the Warriors, ultimately how much can we crush Harden for losing in 7 without CP3 and an injured mbah a moute? Could he play better? Absolutely! Was he as good as Lebron has been in the playoffs this year? What current player is? It's not like there are a bunch of other players that would have won that Warriors series in Harden's place under the circumstances.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

...against Warriors, a team with 4 All stars?

Well, glad you have watched Harden over the years to come to that brilliant conclusion.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's lots of wrong in this thread

1. calling Harden the worst superstar, when we had one of the worst play for us

2. some one kept mentioning Tmac with LeBron and Jordan, like people like that should be banned... from everything

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

I like Harden, especially his "cool" demeanor, and he is a regular season terror, unstoppable, BUT he does tend to "shrink" in the playoffs. His game doesn't seem to fit the NBA's "adjustments" for the playoff, like not giving him calls when he drives. It is still a team game, and the supporting cast became much smaller the greater the pressure. Ultimately, injuries did us in.

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

what about last year against the spurs or a few years back against Portland?

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Eh not really, I'm pretty sure I read that Harden was 2nd in some advanced stats behind Lebron for this year's playoffs so its not really true. He may not have the best FG % or TS% or whatever but hes been the most impactful player besides Lebron in these playoffs. There is no one who could do what Harden has done in these playoffs besides Lebron.

And no Kawhi Lenord is not better, That guy's offensive output will never reach Harden's and his defensive impact is overstated, course that is just my opinion.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Every Superstar has had bad games in the playoffs. What I can ask is that how many other superstars in this league that can do what Harden does for us, sans Lebron, gimme one and no curry or durant cannot run a team like Harden.

Edi: actually Curry could prolly do it maybe. But who knows really.

#116 HP3, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

what about tmac or jeremy lin or steve francis?

wake up dude. harden is awesome, unless you legitimately forgot the dark days
    i suggest you look up rockets history again

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  18. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

op posted some hilarious rant about trump and his family in the Roseanne thread - not surprised that he started this thread...

19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I'll notify the press....

burlesk likes this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

you idiot

it's this one

[​IMG]