1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Ryan Anderson could cost the Rockets over $100M next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 29, 2018.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I said it was a mistake the day we signed him......knew this would come up.......

The best thing about him was getting Eric Gordon.

I did think we needed to TRY to play him, because as a big he spaced the floor - but what a waste of $$$$ he has been, and is now an anchor.

DD

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

Had a Baby and his name is

Captain DaDakota
    LMAO!!!!

Rocket River
    At this point all we can do is laugh so we don't cry . . .. .

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

F Ryan Anderson. Does the Rockets and the city of Houston no good. Representation of a loser.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was thinking this .. . . .but it is a 8 mill a year cap hit for 5 years I beleive

If he can be anywhere NEAR servicable it might be worth keeping one more year
    then trade as an expiring contract

Rocket River

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah. It is what it is at this point...personally, while i do like Ryan, i really think he's a great guy to have in the lockeroom etc, i've never been a fan of him as a player, never understood how there was that kind of fascination with the gravity/range argument and how it was more important than having a solid defender able to switch, play the 5 in a small lineup and able to still shoot the 3 at a decent to good %. Reading some comments it was like we were about to sign Nowitzki or Love but, yeah...and when we officially signed him at that contract well, i was actually shocked, especially cause i'm a fan of Morey and i trust him 100% so, i didn't really expect to see that, even though, as soon as it happened i had the thought that it was more on Les/MDA...anyway, bad move regardless.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Anderson was in demand that off-season, but we probably could've gotten him for closer to $17M a year.

Morey's biggest mistake about this deal was not insisting that the 4th year (at least) be a team option. If he'd done that, then at WORST we'd be able to dump the contract near the trade deadline next year. As it is now, we could possibly be stuck with a useless player for another season and a half and that would kill our chances of bringing in anyone who could really help us.

Deckard and Deuce like this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Rumors were saying we were basically fighting for him with the Kings (his hometown team), we probably ended up overpaying because of that...yep, something is wrong when you're overpaying an average role player to take him away from the Kings.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Kings dodged a bullet.

That club would have been in shambles if they managed to sign him.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  9. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Ryan Anderson is Morey’s Brock Osweiler. He needs to do whatever needs to be done to get rid of this guy.

GotGame15 and buffalobills!!! like this.
  10. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Here is a name. Me. opinions are like a**holes. We all have one. At one point, and probably still is, he was the purest shooter we have. He checked out mentally. Who wouldn't when all you hear is you suck. Trade him. I hate him. I don't like the anvil of Andersons contract anymore than anyone else. But I don't hate the man. He is just that. A physically limited man that fat ass took a shot on. You can't hate on Ryno without hating on the GM that thought it was a good idea to give him 4/80.

Easy likes this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Kind of. Are the Rockets even good enough to attract CP3 without Ryno? He had a good year last year.

I'm just trying to find an excuse here lol.

slothy420 likes this.
  12. hakeemthagreat

It's not personal with me. I don't hate Anderson. But given his only skill set is outside shooting and him losing his confidence, on top of being a TOTAL nothing burger on defense, there's no way he should've played against GS. They were exploiting match ups & everybody knew he would get abused. I just don't understand how you thought he'd contribute in this series.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep lol, even though they're pretty much tanking so...

14. Mr. Space City

15. fattz

fattz Member

Dream is not real about Jesus. He is Muslim isn’t he.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

signing anderson to $20 mil per was the biggest mistake Morey has made as GM or ever will make as GM. The question is what to do about it.

We're gonna have to package some combo of EG, PJ and draft picks to have a shot at moving anderson. and the takers are gonna be few and far between because together that's about $40 mil in cap room for what amounts to two good players.

Morey, work your magic!

Why not? likes this.
  17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

So expected.

The Warriors were all giddy as soon as Ryan checked in.

In a defensive series such as these, player lick their chops when they see a weak defensive player on the other end, and Ryan Anderson is one of the worst players in the league on the defensive end.

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yeah, but burning a 2nd rounder to get Osweiler off our books rather than cutting him for nothing a year later was a huge mistake. We had the cap room to wait. I don't think Morey moves Anderson at all costs.

Why not? likes this.
  19. JazzLakerHater

No question

20. Mr. Space City

i couldn't help but chuckle at as soon as ryan entered the game, golden state made an adjustment to attack ryan and nobody else but ryan, over and over and over.

not only do smart clutchfans posters know he's trash but opposing team's coaching staff knows he's trash too.