1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/28/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 27, 2018.

1. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

For the things that were out of their hands, the refs really went all out to screw them.

For the things that were in the Rox hands, they didn't execute on them good either.

- Too many careless passes and turnovers
    - They died by the three. Ariza, Ryno never made a single shot.
    - Harden good as he is, is a long way or probably never will be a Jordan or Lebron type of franchise player

lw17, gatsby, ramotadab and 4 others like this.
  2. macan

macan Member

on a brighter note, at lease Morey now has enough data to help him decide which assets to be removed from the team...we just need one more major piece this summer to complete the roster.
    i say keep Harden, CP, PJ, GG, Ariza/Gordon, Joe Chee
    get rid of the rest

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

If it wasn’t for this board I wouldn’t watch it next year more than casually. Still may go that route.

ramotadab and waytookrzy079 like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m proud of this team and what they accomplished this year

it sucks to go out with a 7-44 night from deep

the 3rd quarter defeated me, and these refs...

slothy420, HP3, ramotadab and 4 others like this.
  5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I'm done with the NBA unless we get Lebron

What does that mean:

Not 1dollar will be spent by me to support the NBA
    I will no longer stay up and lose sleep to watch games, especially West coast games
    I will not watch games live on TV. I will DVR, if we win - I will watch 4q only and hi-lights only. Lose- watch nothing.
    Will do same for playoffs too.
    Will watch every game ONLY if we are in NBA Finals. That won't happen without Lebron

I will not lose sleep and be all haggard the next day - tired, blood shot eyes and eye bruising.

*** THE LEAGUE- *** SILVER - *** FOSTER- *** the Warriors

6. conquistador#11

2009 was the year but the bball gods took away big yao's foot. This was the year again, but the bball gods took away cp3's hammy. Cruel. I'm done with these bball gods.

7. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

i doubt it.

8. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

See you next year, Warriors. Make sure you hand a ring over to Foster when it’s all said and done since he was so instrumental in the W. Oh and maybe CP3 too - done in 6 if he doesn’t go down.

lw17 and waytookrzy079 like this.
  9. solid

solid Contributing Member

When you put this season in perspective, this team never recaptured their midseason form and their slump started about a month before the playoffs and continued throughout the playoffs. It is really amazing that they made it to game seven of the finals. They haven't looked really good for a very long time. Think about it. Their playoff success was really due to defense. Their offense has been inconsistent for about two months.

10. Chamillionaire

Hey guys, we had a great season. We lost to a better team tonight. We are not as good as them without CP3. Ariza and Green going 1-19 didn't help. It is what it is. I said some **** that pissed people off on here in the heat of the moment during the past few games, it has certainly been very stressful. But everyone here are my brothers and sisters. I love this team. I love the direction we are going in. We obviously need more talent to compete against GS.

I love everything about LeBron. He's clutch, competes, and is the best player in the world. If he does decide to come here to play with CP3, let's see what happens. I've never hated a team more than GS. Donkey is a POS. KD going there has ruined the league. I can't stand how much influence the refs have and how they are not held accountable for blatant misses that favor one team over another.

Man... it's been a hell of a ride. CP3 deserves the Max. He's clearly the leader of this team. James is NOT an alpha. I just hope we sign CP to a 3 year Max and give Lebron whatever he wants. Then next year we ****ing crush these b****es.

waytookrzy079, lw17 and Purvis2Short like this.
  11. Why not?

Why not? Member

BULLSHIT. Rewatch that 3rd quarter; I was keeping a tally.

There were 13 either made up or either-way calls for the Warriors and 1 for us (the foul on Durant for Gordon on the wing at the end of the quarter after the run already happened).

WHEN WE'RE THE HOME TEAM.

Absolute bullshit.

#3290 Why not?, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
  12. dannah

dannah Member

nah, they kept driving to the basket but didn't get any calls after that...

13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I am proud of the team.

14. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

ALL YOU IDIOTS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE ROCKETS MISSING SO MANY 3S... WELL DONT YALL KNOW WHEN THE REFS TAKE YALL OUT OF THE GAME ITS DEMORALIZING. IDIOTS!!!!

Rocket River and waytookrzy079 like this.
  15. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

I’m actually hoping GSW sweep Lebron. Curry is amazing. We would have had this if not for CP going down. Officiating sucks but that’s just part of being a Houston fan.

Officials are always against us. Only a few times they called it out way. During our second championship series, Drexler poked Penny in the eye and Penny got called for the foul.

actua

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Lebron is not coming after reaching the finals again had he lost to Boston then yeah....but they have a top 10 pick and can trade Kevin love....highly doubt he comes.

17. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Just when I didn't think the officiating could get any worse after Game 6, I witnessed that debacle. So many blown calls that went against the Rockets in the 3rd quarter - twice Harden got fouled shooting 3s (and made one of them but good ole Scott Foster had to have his say and say it was on the floor!), 2 moving screens on the Warriors, Eric Gordon getting hammered to the basket. I remember hearing at least 5 times the announcers say that was a bad call that went against the Rockets. You call those 5 plays right and the Rockets win even with the historically terrible 3 point shooting and with Chris Paul being out. Congratulations Warriors for being the luckiest bunch of punks ever and enjoy sweeping LeBron and the 7 stiffs for another championship...Woooo!!

18. Chamillionaire

Couldn't agree more. It's been what since January that we've actually looked like the best team in the league. I think at the beginning of the season, there was a lot more ball movement instead of this ISO bullshit. Everyone takes some of the blame for how we've been playing.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  19. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Lol Joe Chee?? Common man.

waytookrzy079 and lw17 like this.
  20. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Luckily there's quite a few

21. HP3

HP3 Member

Oh really Lebron couldnt beat them with 2 other all stars, Harden gets one and he takes them to 7 shut the hell up