1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 out for Game 6

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, May 25, 2018.

1. macan

macan Member

good read thx for sharing

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

we may not need him in the finals. we may not even need him to get there.

however, if there is a game 7, i expect him to give it a go just to make sure we got there.

once in the finals he can be touch and go. see how we do in the first 2 games, maybe first 4 games, then decide if he's needed even in limited minutes for pivotal games later in the series.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Keystrokes too reckless.

houston19519 likes this.
  4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

oh crap! i meant...

we may not need him in the finals since we may not get there!

better?

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. amaru

amaru Member

I agree. I’m hoping it’s a grade 1 but realistically it’s mostly likely a grade 2. Definitely not a grade 3 though.

I do agree that CP will try to go if there is a game 7. Idk how effective he will be though.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That's not better at all.. I don't promote doubt and absence of hope.

houston19519 likes this.
  7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I'm bad at superstition lol i just believe we're the better team and in their heads now.

DreamShook likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

See, this is a quote I can get behind!

@Os Trigonum knows your pain. It's ok, I got you.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

This guy has an entire section on Harden’s role in CP3’s injury. Already an epic failure regardless of the rest of the content. The limits to ******** on Harden truly have no boundary. I’m waiting for the Curry contributed to Iguodola’s injury by being so terrible in games 1 and 2.

mario_v, adw and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Lmao i rolled my eyes so hard at that point.

adw and BigM like this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for posting very imformative. As an older athlete with a lot of injuries and now as a coach I've been trying and recommending some of the stuff mentioned in the piece (ice baths, alternating hot and cold, and compression). I don't have access to the world class rehab and treatment that CP3 has so hopefully he can get back on the court. He won't be a 100% but at this point the game is more about a test of wills and from what he's done so far CP3 has a pretty strong wil.

12. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

"It was pretty obvious just how tired CP3 was late in the game - his jersey untucked, looking completely worn out, with a semi-dazed look"

When the hell did this happen? the semi- dazed look? say what o_O:confused:. CP3 had energy and was even seen pumping Harden up etc before he got hurt.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chris Paul (hamstring) said he's "hopeful to return to the court this postseason," according to TNT's Kristen Ledlow.

He's out tonight and he is going to be re-evaluated once the team is back in Houston while getting daily treatment. The Rockets did rule Paul out early on Friday, and there really hasn't been much optimism of him suiting up for a potential Game 7 on Monday. With him out today, Eric Gordon starts while Gerald Green and Luc Mbah a Moute handle the vast majority of the bench minutes.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I hope the "real" Luc Mbah a Moute shows up tonight. We need him, badly. I just hope he can play the good defense we know he can play. Anything else is a bonus. Green? Gerald needs to get a hot hand and make up for his unforced errors at both ends of the court. He's capable of doing that - the unforced errors and draining 3's from everywhere. How about not so much of the former and a lot of the latter. I'm not counting on Anderson. If he shows up and has kind of a decent impact on the game, I'll be pleasantly shocked.

15. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Here we go...let's end this thing TONIGHT !!

16. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

One thing for sure based on CP3 traveling to game 6: The Rockets already know if he's playing in game 7. Either he's clearly out and there is nothing to lose or the strain is not severe at all.

18. MD_in_Training

Coming back this postseason? If he's not ready to go on Monday, then he's not coming back this postseason.

Little Bit and rm365 like this.
  19. RESINator

RESINator Member

So he is likely out game 7?

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I think they have to do everything short of sacrificing a baby to try and get CP3 on the court on Monday.