1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank you, haters

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, May 23, 2018.

1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Where do I send the flowers to Barkley, Shaq, Kenny, and all the other pundits who continue to dismiss every Rockets win as an aberration?

It's natural to be pissed at these blowhards. But they're our best friends.

It's no accident that the Warriors have slacked off in stretches and now find themselves 2-2. It's happening in part because "everybody knows," including the Warriors, that they'll win the series.

I have no idea whether they'll win it. But our best shot is if the Warriors believe it all the way to the end. At 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 ... all the way to the last possession of Game 7. You can still see it in their postgame interviews. They're trying to say that they take us seriously, that they know they have to play their best. But they don't really believe it.

So keep making excuses, haters. Keep telling the Warriors that they're the better team, that the Rockets can't keep playing this way, and that it'll all work out in the end, as you predicted. We're not going to win despite you. We're going to win because of you.

LCAhmed, Sidarma, Tfor3 and 41 others like this.
  2. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

That's exactly why I embraced the ugliness of play in game 4. The warriors didn't seem to understand within the game that it was the rockets defense causing their loss of rhythm, by design, instead thinking they would just turn 'it' on in the 3rd and end the game.

These rockets have enough practice winning ugly games, without having their own perfect rhythm, and it's going to show through.

Tfor3, Mazulis, arubato and 12 others like this.
  3. SS0101

SS0101 Member

I like this and I said after our game 2 win and the media dismissing it as an "unfocused' Warrior team that maybe, just maybe the warriors believe the media. Because if they do...that just might be the best thing for our chances. The games are played for a reason...and ultimately a win is a win no matter how we get it. I will take 2 more "unfocused/giving it away" losses from the warriors, please!

Tfor3, hakeem94 and Lawlruschang like this.
  4. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Yep, Warriors think their system should be enough and don't understand when things don't go right. If you can get them uncomfortable, they tend to lose their cool and aren't great in clutch situations (see 2016 Finals).

Tfor3, hakeem94 and B-Bob like this.
  5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Oh nice. I thought you meant on the board by the thread title.

Yes, thank you to both sets of haters and all our haters over the globe.

Can't do this without y'all!

[​IMG]

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Sidarma and hakeem94 like this.
  7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

NAHHH

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

We can whine and b**** about the media all we want. The overwhelming opinion today is that the Warriors lost the game...not that the Rockets won it. It's just the way it is. The Warriors have been the best overall team over a long enough stretch where they get that kind of respect. So be it. Be the first Western Conference team to take them down in 4 years and then maybe will speak kind of us.

Nah...we're Houston. There will be disrespect and hate from the outside no matter what our teams do. If you haven't learned to live with it by now, you're either way way too soft or were only born sometime after 1994.

Mazulis, hakeem94, slothy420 and 3 others like this.
  9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Barkley Shaq and Kenny looked pissed off at the post game report. Like someone just died.

Sidarma, Mazulis, hakeem94 and 8 others like this.
  10. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Too bad the Rockets lack Westbrook’s killer instinct and heart, right swyyyguy?

hakeem94, BMoney and dje243 like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They did turn it on in the first and 3rd quarter, of course Houston's PJ and D was very good.

But how did they score that easily in the 3rd, was Houston's D slacking in the 3rd?

12. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

We're coming back home 2-2, right?

14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Warriors choked especially Curry (blown layup and missed open 3-pointer- bs call). Media-darling blew it, I hope media will have equal damnation to Curry the same to Harden. I doubt it, they will blame Warriors not Curry.

TheRealAllpro and RasaqBoi like this.
  15. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

That´s in line to what I quote here.

The disheartening thing about the loss in Game 1 was how the Dubs didn't even break a sweat.

I see their cockiness working in our favor too. Worked for the Cavs in that 1-3 comeback. Now they got Durant, but we are also way better than the Cavs that year.

It will work for us this year.
    I see it in Harden and Paul eyes every game. EG, Ariza and Tucker has those eyes too.
    That is OUR true death lineup. The guys that are 300% commited on beating them.

The (non)Worriers start taking it seriously only when its too late.

hakeem94 and heypartner like this.
  16. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

That was a joke, right?

The guy has gotten EXPOSED in defense regularly, yet, people call him a CAPABLE defender, while Harden had SHUT HIM DOWN, stole 2 IN A ROW from Durant.

I stopped being angry for that. If Harden is playing at his best maybe because of it, why should I care?
    Keep proving them wrong, James! You are the true MVP.

hakeem94 and bloodwings19 like this.
  17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Don't know if I quite believe the theory, but I do know that the doubters make winning that much sweeter.

That was just some incredible super-star shooting by Steph Curry in the 3rd. Tip my hat to him on that.. He took shots he should not have taken, and buried them. In the fourth, maybe he was pressing too much to take over the game, trying to go on the drive more, but by then I think the Rockets defense was particularly locked on stopping him. I don't think the defense was bad in the 3rd, but it was desperately dogged in the 4th.

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yep, thought this was about the doubters in the game thread. I am disappoint

Mazulis and hakeem94 like this.
  19. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

They were playing okay but Curry just made a couple of shots that would have been crazy for anyone else, which got everyone going. I think one of the big points for the Rockets in the 4th was that they played Curry and Klay as tight as they could without fouling from halfcourt on. They finally realized that you can't let these guys even get an attempt at a 3 because they're too good at making ridiculous shots and if it means letting them have a tough lay-up instead, so be it.

hakeem94 and Jake Tower like this.
  20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

No more room on the bandwagon in Houston. Stay in Dallas smart guy.

hakeem94 and Severe Rockets Fan like this.