1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/20/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2018.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think we need to try Ryno.

Just get the dude to shoot the ball.

If they are going to play Bell we need to expose him, punish them for doing this. Luc has had his shot and his constant missing of layups is very deflating, Ryno bricking an open shot is not as deflating as a missed layup...and what sucks more is that you miss a layup on GSW they go down and get a 3.

Ryno just needs to be told that when he catches the ball, shoot.

LUK3 likes this.
  2. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

You don't have a dog in the fight....your only purpose is to come into a GAME THREAD talking about the Spurs....which no one GAS...don't you get it ? There is less than zero interest in your agenda...say hi to everyone on the Riverwalk.

Tfor3, HakeemOnlyFan and BMoney like this.
  3. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

At some point the “playing with Fire” will backfire. Rockets have responded after a loss emphatically each time so far. But that will fail them at some point and they have no one to blame (not refs) but themselves for taking game 3 for granted.

This is the kind of game under the circumstances fans turn on a team....and they deserve that.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ryno is another name for desperation.

ak99999 likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

If we lose game 4, then it might be time to panic, but until then I believe in this team. We'll figure it out.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  6. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

What's makes matters worse is I turned over to ESPN to see the Astros winning but Ken Giles warming up to pitch .Dayum...

Stormy1234 likes this.
  7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Those role players who killed it last game on offense were MIA this game. That's a lot of missing points from last game.

ak99999, Stormy1234 and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I believe the Rockets will come out with more urgency, but this time I don’t think it will workout favorably. They made their bed and now have to lie in it...

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

"effort"...pride... dignity...whatever...James Harden is mentally soft and lacks a competitive edge that truly great players have. You cant be the MVP and have your team get shelled by 41! Like what the heck is this garbage?

I am resigned to say that this team will not win a title this year simply because James Harden's greatest gift is also his greatest weakness(his cool demeanor)...being cool is a good thing on the court...but Harden is nonchalant on the court especially when he loses. And that irks me to my core as a basketball fan.

At some point, you have to look at your play and say that if you arent playing good ball individually...you should be doing everything to make your teammates get in rhythm. James' crappy play is rubbing off on teammates... and its seems other players are also tired of this.

What are the Rockets gonna do when they need to play well..and still lose?? I dont believe that the Warriors will play bad in game 4..and the Rockets need to be perfect...just to even hang. So James, Paul, DAntoni...as you look at a 65 win team talking about "EFFORT" during a pivotal playoff game... is pathetic and disgraceful. Grow UP James...and take leadership by your consistent play and competitive desire.

kevtse, Little Bit, gatsby and 2 others like this.
  10. LUK3

LUK3 Member

Honestly, our small-ball lineup won’t work when Capela isn’t playing. The team simply cannot get a rebound. I’d put Ryno in at this situation. The man can rebound, and if he has any self confidence he can hit threes- Also, put Nene in- Defensive purposes. The old man can’t always support on the offensive side of the court, but he brings a lot of muscle in the paint, and I think that can stop Curry’s drives.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ariza:

From the start, not as aggressive in game two, they were.

Shocking the way you lost?

A loss is a loss whether by 2 or 200. Doesn't matter. Only 2-1. We have another game to prepare for. That's all we can do.

Why not as aggressive?

Can't really say. They brought more energy than we did. Can't let that happen.

Steph finding his rhyhtm in the 3rd Q.

Yeah, he did.

More of what you guys did or what they did?

They beat us from the jump. Give them credit. We have to play better.

Warriors arena/crowd

They're a good crowd but that has no effect on us. Can't worry about their crowd.

How do you recover?

It's over. Nothing we can do about it now. Watch film, see where we messed up and play Tuesday.

What happened with Draymond in the 4th?

I don't remember.

Skirmish?

Can't remember. It's nothing.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jimmy is too cool for school, I think he got his emotions bottled up inside his beard.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Lets just wait and see the score for Game 4 before you say that.

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

LeBron James (with Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love) won one game against this Warriors team.

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

wow I can't believe we lost by 41 pts. This doesn't make any freaking sense.

daywalker02 and Stormy1234 like this.
  16. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

If Ryno really is not shooting out of protest, why cause you got demoted? Trade rumors? Bro get over it and put your big boys oants on, you’re here now

Tfor3 and gatsby like this.
  17. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I also don’t think the Rockets will win game 4. Rockets blew their opportunity without a fight. They deserve the colossal disappointment of almost reaching the apex and just poopooing it all away......

sugrlndkid likes this.
  18. Drogba

Drogba Member

Funny how Harden is getting most of the blame tonight. We were tied in the 1st quarter before he sat on the bench. By the time he checked back in we were down double digits.

Anyone that thinks one person is to blame for a 40 point blowout is an idiot. Talking about you moron @DudeWah

He quit in the 2nd half when he didn't get any calls but game was already over by then anyway.

Surfguy likes this.
  19. totti_c

totti_c Member

Agree. Thats why I said this lose is by james harden. Just really bad performace If you have watched this game.

20. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Fair enough.

HP3 likes this.