1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mbah a Moute: I don’t trust my shoulder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 15, 2018.

1. macan

macan Member

if you give me $2M a year, i would like to personally fly to where you locate at and let your dislocate my shoulder as you wish

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. basketballholic

Yes he was a total non-factor in the defensive paint. I did see the block on Steph IN TRANSITION. But when they set up against us and penetrated.....He was a non-factor. Because Clint is a very mediocre paint/rim defender when the offense gets set.

3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Nah we all know it's not his fault, but we're here to win, not offer minutes to guys we don't think can help us win right now. Luc has been a great addition and is very much responsible for getting our team this far with his defensive presence. But offense is the only way to win this series and if you can't provide it, you can't play. We still love him though.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Which plays are you talking about? I'd like to review the video for them.

Here is video of Capela's two blocked shots from the first half. Both were terrific defensive plays:

http://stats.nba.com/events/?flag=1...tRange=0&EndRange=28800&section=game&sct=plot

BigMaloe and joshuaao like this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Rockets couldn’t afford this, especially for somebody like Luc. Too important of a player to lose.

Oh well.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Actually, CP3 did miss a layup... a floater near the end. Ariza also missed a layup towards the end. Luc wasn't the only one...

7. basketballholic

Watch the whole game durvasa. They switch Capela off and go inside. We didn't have an answer. Switch Capela on Durant. No answer.

He's not a superstar. He's not a star. He's an average at best defensive center who cannot shot at this point in his career, coming up on restricted free agency.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What is he supposed to do if our defensive scheme is for him to switch? How is that his fault if he switches onto a perimeter guy, drawing him away from the paint, and they somehow score inside? That's why I asked for specific plays you have in mind. I want to see where the break down was, and if it was indeed his fault.

BigMaloe, Deuce and joshuaao like this.
  10. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Feel bad for the Prince - but his 6 missed gimme points at the rim were a back breaker.

saleem and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Dude just stop - he embarrassed Towns and Gobert in the last two series, and our rim Defense collapses with him on the bench.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Leave it to Holic to turn a Luc thread into a full-on Capela-bashing.

#52 topfive, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
    Deckard, BigMaloe, Deuce and 6 others like this.
  13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He just clearly dominated the paint against both Karl Anthony Towns and Rudy Gobert, two of the best big men in the NBA. Not even you can deny that.

His inability to defend the greatest collection of talent the NBA has seen is something he shares with every team and player in the NBA. It's not an indictment on him. Find me the player who has been a solution to Golden State, and I will agree with you. But that player does not exist.

#53 J Sizzle, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Give it a rest. He is 23 years old.

He scored 12 points on 7 shots, he had 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks and a steal without any turnovers.

Before you rip his rebounding, the Rockets were good on the board last night.

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

downloadfile-1.jpg

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

a whopping 3 offensive boards to be exact by GS

BigMaloe, hakeem94 and Nook like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

Exactly.

I was a big fan of the Capela draft pick, but have been skeptical that he would ever become good enough to anchor the defense of an elite team. Well over the last 6 months he has progressively shown that yes he can. Aside from some consistency issues he has been about as good as anyone could dream of. He also fits the modern league well because he can switch well, can defend inside and on the perimeter. He is a big part of the Rockets improved defense.

Also, from what I am told inside the Toyota Center, for as young and immature as he can be, he also busts his ass and really wants to get better.

18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

“Steven Adams sucks because WB gets all the rebounds” -‘Holic

BigMaloe and topfive like this.
  19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

ZHOU!

20. basketballholic

I'm not ripping anything. He was a non-factor. We could've got the same exact thing out of a host of guys on the street. 6 boards and stand by the rim and wait for Harden to throw it up. That's his stats. He did play a little perimeter defense. We needed the paint protected.