1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/14/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 9, 2018.

1. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

at least put ur ****ing hands up, do something. they just let him score, i mean u can foul him, this is fukcing playoff. did u see green push harden. we gotta play more physical than that, this **** was way too easy for them warriors

2. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Rockets have to play a perfect game to beat Warriors at full strength. They are THAT good. Not saying it can't be done. Just seems highly improbable. Regroup and see what happens.

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I really think, we poked that ball, so the backcourt non call was right. PJ still shouldve finished that layup. I still think we come back for game 2 with better adjustments but we were pretty outclassed in this game.

charlieaustin and waytookrzy079 like this.
  4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Capela 0 PF

28 min

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

We knew beating this team was gonna be crazy difficult, they have so many offensive failsafes.

Hope the boys don't let this game get them down and they bring the heat in game 2 as well.

Bengchu, charlieaustin and Patience like this.
  6. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Wtf is this post game show?

TNT acting like they just won the championship...

don grahamleone, Tfor3, lw17 and 2 others like this.
  7. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Going to be a depressing asssssssss day at work tommorow. I should just call it off and cry tommoroow.

don grahamleone and macho87 like this.
  8. xhanif143x

xhanif143x Member

Did you see klay play tonight?

9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

KD shot out of his mind. We should have adjusted earlier and forced it out of his hands. Offensively, we were wayyyyy too predictable. Harden had a phenomenal offensive game but the team prett much just watched on the perimeter.

We have to slash more.

Luc looked timid to dunk. He should be finishing those layups. Tucker was nowhere to be seen offensively. AriZa might have been a tad too aggressive defensively early in the game.

When we had that 9 pt early lead we started making stupid mistakes. From there on it was us either barely hanging on to the lead or barely keeping it close. We have to attack attack attack when we have them on their heels. Rest when they call another time out.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

You can't block a free agent signing that doesn't violate any cap rules. Sure, they could've used some BS excuse like Green recruiting him during the regular season, but they never objected to LeBron doing that with Wade back in 2010.

Durant ruined the NBA for years with his p-ssy move. Now the league will have to suffer through half a decade of predictable, uncompetitive regular and postseasons.

Tfor3, lw17, HakeemOnlyFan and 2 others like this.
  11. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Really? You are endorsing ISO ball? I don't understand how that works in the NBA playoffs. Whatever happened to ''penetrate and dish?". Oh wait, it's alive and well in Oakland ... And it came to Houston to punish ISO ball this evening.

lw17 likes this.
  12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

They played the passing lane on the corner 3 where PJ stays. Thats really his major contribution to the offense.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No, dude barely played, all he does is stand in spots and knocks down open jumpers. Just a beta _____ like the rest of em.

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

**** the warriors **** inside the nba

We can still win this

15. macan

macan Member

gonna be feeling down for the next two days....is it Wednesday yet?

Os Trigonum and Tfor3 like this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Ariza going out was HUGE!! GG come in and got roasted by everybody... GG contributed a couple baskets but he got scored on way too much missed way to many roatations. I wonder if Joe was in there would it have been better.

If the Rocket make their layups this is a win.

Kerr is a b**** I hate his smug ass.

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. aroundtheblock2

Enjoy that ****.

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The Rockets gave up 118..... please sound logical.

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Ugh ... I turned off TNT as soon as the game ended. I can't bare listening to those guys tear us down. It's bad enough when they do it after we win.

bro2044, lw17 and waytookrzy079 like this.
  20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

The backcourt violation was the one huge misstep, but we got calls in our favor too. It shouldn’t even have come down to that, no one on our entire team ran back that possession to get a freaking rebound.

Sure I’m mad we lost but not cuz of the refs. It was the play of our bench and D’Antoni getting out coached. He had no clue what lineups to play, NeNe should not sniff the court in this series. I’m more mad that Luc got hurt, he doesn’t look anything like the game changer we had in the regular season. He’s playing way too tentative and he’s our best Durant matchup.

We need more Anderson, if we want to beat warriors. He was huge on glass in our wins against them this year and we need more offensive fire power or floor spacing. Can’t have Draymond just roaming free and playing safety.

don grahamleone likes this.
  21. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yeah I don’t recall guys hanging out with Inside the NBA after a game 1. WTF

lw17 and waytookrzy079 like this.