1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden was sick good thing we have Cp3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, May 8, 2018.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

So... how long does it take to recover from an upper respiratory infection? I need a doctor!

@rezdawg I’ll will count a dentist as a doctor if you could answer this question.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, if it was a stripper that interested Harden, if she'd fallen down a well, the said part of anatomy would have kept her wedged high above the water, or if she'd reached the water she could have used it as a flotation device. Until "help" (Harden and TMZ in tow) arrived.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

When hurricane Harvey hit Houston Curry and cp3 helped out within 24 hours. It took a whole week and lot of backlash for Harden to respond.

4. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

5. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

https://www.asthmasymptoms.org/lung-infections.html

Identifying an asthma condition as soon as you can is important for getting the upper hand on it. There are so many different symptoms of asthma that could also be caused by other medical conditions, so it's very important to get a doctor's opinion about your symptoms. But if you're suffering from one or more of the various issues associated with the condition then you may already know the diagnosis. Frequent lung infections are one of the more common symptoms of asthma, and if you suffer from this disease then there's a very good chance that you're all too aware of lung infections and their increased frequency due to the asthma.

Lung infections occur in asthma for a few reasons, but chief among them is simply the fact that asthma will wreak havoc on your respiratory system. Asthma essentially narrows the air passages within your lungs, and this can make it difficult to breathe properly or at all. The fact that the lungs have to work harder, the damage that the inflammation can do to them, and just an overall lack of proper performance can all combine to trigger lung infections more frequently in those patients who suffer from asthma. It's a complication that can become very serious.

Lung infections that are left untreated can cause even more difficulty breathing and a number of other serious conditions. Rattling breaths and phlegmy coughs are two key indicators that you're suffering from a lung infection, and if you have any suspicions that this is the case you should take the time to schedule an appointment. Otherwise, you could suffer much greater breathing difficulty as a result of your asthma combining with lung infections. Antibiotics and other medications are usually the best course of action for treating lung infections and getting you back to the best possible level of health.

Again, there are far too many asthma symptoms to list in one short article. Most are easily recognizable and well-known to all, and lung infections are actually one of the symptoms that you will usually begin to notice well after a diagnosis has been made. That doesn't mean that they aren't serious, however, and leaving them untreated is a very bad idea that will cause a great deal of trouble for your health and only make the rest of your asthma symptoms worse. It's easy to keep your asthma and your lung infections under control as long as you take the time to recognize the issues and treat them as needed.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

What is the source that said it was a lung or upper respiratory infection?

I guess I don't understand why Harden wouldn't just say what it was in the post-game press conference? He can say it like "I am experiencing such-and-such but I'm not using it as an excuse or reason why I played one way or another. It didn't bother me. I was able to play through it.".

Why does it have to turn into a silence thing where his coach and teammate has to say "under the weather"? If Harden won't comment on it, then why should coach or CP3 comment on it? They are clearly using it as an excuse for why Harden may not have performed to his standards but Harden wasn't using it as an excuse. Why say anything at all about it then? Strange way of handling it for all involved imo.

DavidRocket likes this.
  7. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

It's how Harden acts when he is sick

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  8. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

It was said Green told someone what Harden had

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I am a self proclaimed Harden homer. Huge fan but Im being more of a realist when it comes to him this year. Harden always seems to get "sick" in the playoffs. Whatever he's doing he needs to stop because people are starting to notice. I know he's Human but I hope he doesn't have many "sick" games versus the Warriors.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

For some reason he thinks he's been ordained Minister of Fanhood on Clutchfans, lol

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

As a lifelong asthmatic*, I can verify this. For us, upper respiratory infections seem easier to get and take longer to get rid of.

I would likely have been a better basketball player than Harden, if it weren't for my asthma and my 5'6" height and my complete and utter lack of quickness, hops, endurance, and every other conceivable athletic performance marker.

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL the strong is hate here

13. vlaurelio

he had a legit lung infection.. not same made up "sickness"

either that or mda, cp3, green, and the rockets org are just straight up liars

Stormy1234 likes this.
  14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Regardless of what the ailment was/is he is always sick in the playoffs and he needs to look into why that is. Maybe it's something he's doing or not doing. It's literally every year and any logical person would conclude it could be brought on by anxiety. Anxiety can make you legitimately sick. He has a lot of pressure on him. So seeing a doctor about the root of the problem instead of ignoring it may be the best option, although I don't know if he has plans to or hasn't already done something about it. Let's hope so, you really can't be upset at someone for noticing the obvious, there's clearly a pattern.

Wylo likes this.
  15. vlaurelio

honestly, if harden replaced curry in 15 and KD in 17 you don't think gsw still won both times as harden as the best player?

did we fail to go farther in the playoffs because we were led by "sick" harden or no other superstar would have single handedly carried a team farther last year with pbev starting and slou, harrell, and dekker coming off the bench

Stormy1234 likes this.
  16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Thats actually an irrelevant statement, because we are not the Warriors. Harden has always been the engine to drive the Rockets, so he can't afford to have many sick games against the Warriors. Yes ofcourse the Warriors with Harden would still be just as successful because they have the pieces. Houston does not have those same pieces. There is a lot more pressure on Harden than any player on the Warriors and though we have Chris Paul it will take more than just him. Players have bad games and I've said Harden will have a bad game and Chris Paul will step up, I actually predicted that, however I also noted that games like that won't fly against the Warriors. The Warriors are not Utah and they are not the Timberwolves. He's going to have to be stellar to beat them. Sick games won't fly unless maybe Eric Gordon is playing out of his mind and there's no reason to expect that seeing how he has played in the playoffs last year and his terrible 3 point shooting this year.

17. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I've been a Rockets fan since 1991, my concerns with James are the following.
    1. He doesn't play well in important games, appears to play better in games 1-3
    2. Doesn't aggressively try to score early, which causes him to no shoot well in critical games
    3. Doesn't move his feet on defense, allowing his defender to penetrate and leave wide open layups or 3s for the other team. This will kill us against the Dubs

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I wouldn't mind @Codman chiming in on Harden's sickness in game 5. What are the Ears saying?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Harden has had some very strange playoff performances through the years. Even with OKC. At times he has looked hung over or under the influence like last night. Then it is a mysterious illness. In the post-game, he didn't sound like either. He seemed alert and articulate. I don't know what is going on with him, but something isn't kosher. Maybe he gets anxiety in big games. The fact is he looks great in one game and horrible in another. I don't get it.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  20. threepointshot3

So now you are a doctor? Stfu troll. You know when people start by saying I’m not a hater and go and and accuse someone’s character they are a lying scumbag anda major hater