1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do you hate the Warriors?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, May 9, 2018.

1. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Personally I hate their cockiness. I know they are one of the best teams ever, but they act like they've been tearing up the league as an underdog instead of acknowledging the fact that they probably have 4 hall of famers in their starting line-up.

I guess it's rare to find a humble champion, but I think you can be a great team without being a**holes.

Oh yeah I also can't stand their bandwagon a** fans that can't even name 2 of their bench players.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

1. Donkey
    2. Bandwagon fans
    3. p***y Durant
    4. Curry chewing on mouthpiece
    5. Kerr

D-rock, RyanB, DavidRocket and 19 others like this.
  3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t hate them. I just want the Rockets or whomever comes out of the East to beat them. They are a home grown super team who convinced the second best player in the NBA to join in free agency. Why wouldn’t I want them to lose?

Hakeemtheking and hajkov like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Their fans are unbearable.

Nook, Lawlruschang, Nivos and 4 others like this.
  6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I have cousins who live in the Bay area and root for the Warriors. Five years ago they were Kobe Laker fans.

Their bandwagon fans can prance around all they want laying claim to this dynasty. But we all know. It's not the same when you jumped on late in the game and have no sense of the history of the franchise. These aren't your fans that made the 2007 Mavs Warriors series so enjoyable. The average Clutchfan can name more players from that roster (Baron Davis, Jason Richardson, Al Harrington, Andres Biedrins, Stephen Jackson, Monta Ellis off the top of my head) than the average GSW fan. Chris Mullin can walk around the street in San Francisco without getting noticed by anybody.

Screw those people.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Cooch Curry fondling his mouthpiece
    Ref favoritism
    Cooch Durant
    Biased media not calling out Curry's defense

8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Donkey is the only reason... He makes me sick!

RyanB, charlieaustin and linvetb6 like this.
  9. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I never liked them but respected how they drafted and put the talent together. When they got Durant I lost all respect and I went full hate mode.

10. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

I absolutely loathe the forced mean mugging and posing. Especially from Curry with his mouth guard chewing, bicep flexing, and taking a **** pose.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I love talented players but that is a bit cray.

linvetb6 and TheRealAllpro like this.
  12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It is not a fair game. They seem to be getting away with blatant fouls as of late.

RyanB and linvetb6 like this.
  13. da_juice

da_juice Member

1) Draymond (who I'd probably love if he played here; he's that kind of player)
    2) Durant
    3) They have one of the most loaded teams at a time that coincides with one of the best Rocket teams in my lifetime; and easily the best one I ever got to watch.

I will say that I don't hate them as much as I would if this squad was on the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs etc. My entire teens was us losing while they won. I'm glad at least it's a new face.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

They have that championship swagger, which is always annoying but really every team that has been as good as them for as long as them will have that.

The main thing is the Rockets are routinely presented in a negative light in comparison to them, often in a misleading fashion. That is just aggravating.

So I want them to be crushed and for there to be no doubt that we are the better team. I want everyone who doubted that the Rockets could win and mocked the Rockets and their fans for having that aspiration to be forced to publicly acknowledge: "I was wrong."

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That's pretty routine nowadays. Harden was doing that earlier in our series against the Jazz, and Ingles even put his arm around him while he was doing it!

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. houston19519

houston19519 Member

That pretty much sums it all up!!!!!!! :eek::eek::D

RyanB and Tfor3 like this.
  17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Draymond Green most of all. He's a dirty b*stard with way too high opinion of himself.

Steph Curry stealing Harden's MVP and being a twerpy lil leprechaun-looking MFer (gotta respect his shooting though)

Used to like KD, but he sold out and revealed himself to be a big fat coward, so screw 'im

RyanB, Lawlruschang and darksoul35 like this.
  18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Oh, let me count the ways:

1) They're dirty. Bogut is gone now, so they don't set quite as many linebacker picks as before. But Draymond still does it, and they're still a dirty team since Bogut was replaced with Zaza who singlehandedly ended any hopes the Spurs had of upsetting the Warriors in the WCF last season(and arguably changed the trajectory of that entire franchise based on what's happened since that series).

2) They're arrogant. They're a great team, but it's the showboating that annoys the p-ss out of me, especially Curry's. I don't mind a little trash talking or playing to the crowd. But the Warriors take it to a level that's unbearable.

3) Kevin Durant. He's a great player, but IMO he'll never live down bailing on the Thunder to join a 73-9 team that was within a basket of winning 2 straight titles. I know people try to justify it by saying it was difficult playing with Westbrook, but that's BS. He and Westbrook made it to the NBA Finals in 2012. They were up 3-1 on the 73-win Warriors in 2016. If he'd stayed there, OKC would've had a foursome of Durant, Westbrook, Oladipo, and Adams(plus Sabonis off the bench). That's every bit as good(if not better) than Curry, Thompson, Green, and Barnes.

4) They're coddled by the league and the media. The Warriors are allowed to commit moving screens that every other team would be called for. Green gets away with murder on the court. Durant b-tches constantly to the refs. Zaza tries to intentionally injure the other team's players.

5) San Francisco is a literal sh-thole. H-Town has its share of issues with bad traffic, humidity, and idiot NFL owners, but at least we don't have people openly taking craps and shooting up on the sidewalks. We don't need an actual public defecation map for residents because of how out of control the homeless situation is. We can actually park our cars on a city street overnight without it seeming like a virtual certainty that we'll find them the next morning with the windows shattered. F that city.

Other than that, I guess they're ok.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Because I hate snakes and Donkeys.

D-rock and RyanB like this.
  20. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Draymond, Klay and their fans.