1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] The Goldbergs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Oct 7, 2013.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I still like the show. I don't really care that it's not filmed in exact chronological order (LOL), I just think it's a funny family. Especially the mom.

My favorite part is always the actual home movies they show at the very end to prove that the episode really was based on a true event. I wish they would show more of the home movies instead of just a 5 second clip.

TheFreak likes this.
  2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Crap, I just realized these timeline inconsistencies may keep them out of the Emmy discussions.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

They literally hint at the chronological inconsistencies in the first sentence after the opening credits in every single episode.

I wonder if they'll have one about the first ever PG-13 movie, Red Dawn.

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I enjoy the show but they need 80's hair. Bev is the only one sporting 80's hair.

5. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

They explain the inconsistencies in two ways. One...its 1980 something. It is based on his memories and home movies. The chronological order doesn't matter.

Also, they've kind of developed the characters decently over the last few years, so it is entertaining in its own right.

I like the show. It is a solid B. We watch every week.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

I've only watched 2 eps.. including this last week. And I turned out of boredom. It did have the fat guy from the Fantastical Beast movie so that drew me in to see, but he didn't resonate and almost annoyed me trying to scam money using the gremlins. Loved that 70's show, but I just don't get this one even having grown up in the 80's. Hoped for more.

7. Poloshirtbandit

They did a behind the scenes episode last year I think and explained it was too hard to keep everything in exact order so they just went with this format.

Doesn't bother me, I like the show.

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Good to see McClendon-Covey and Garlin doing well, Garlin's dad is particularly realistic in some aspects; like when he seems to yell less out of anger or principle than out of having to discipline kids when he's trying to relax. The mom's behavior isn't really realistic at all, but her energy is endearing. I'm surprised George Segal is still bumping around, I think being the birth dad in Look Who's Talking was his last feature.

9. The Boz

The Boz Member

[​IMG]

10. Roscoe Arbuckle

It's not even about "exact" chronological order; they are mocking it.

Case in point: Last episode showed that they are going to do a spinoff about the school with Tim Meadows, etc. being the focal point. Show starts by having Beverly Goldberg come into the school to say that she won't be there anymore since her kids are out of there. The problem? A girl on there has a "Backstreet Boy fan club" with the girl singing "I want it that way" in front of the school auditorium; a song that didn't come out until 1999...

I'm not saying it has to exact, but this show craps all over timeline consistency.

11. Poloshirtbandit

The spinoff episode was terrible.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yep, that was a total bait and switch. Starts off like Bev is going to be a big part of the show.....then we never see her again.

PE coach isn't funny enough to get a spinoff. Not sure what they're thinking here...

13. MacLovin

MacLovin Member

This is one of those shows that I watch every week but I wouldn't call it a "good" show or try to get others into it. Same with The Middle. I've watched both for years, know the characters, and every once in a while, they make me laugh. That's about as high of praise as I can give.

TheFreak likes this.
  14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I still enjoy the Goldbergs and didn't even know there was a spinoff... of the coach? That won't last... no depth.

15. SuraGotMadHops

I like everything 80s, and the premise of the show is good, but the actors that play the boys are just so damn annoying.

16. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I started watching it back in September when they started it on syndication, like it so far, I'm catching up on Hulu and hopefully be in sync with the current season before the season finale

I actually had that VCR they use in the beginning credits, thought that was mindblowing

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Rashmon, B-Bob and Dave2000 like this.
  18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

19. Poloshirtbandit

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Which was exactly why I threw it in this pre-existing thread.

I've seen this show a few times and don't remember him being in any of those episodes.