1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 5/4/2018 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 3, 2018.

1. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Ugliest??? Nah Utah’s is pretty ugly though and I personally don’t like the Celtics court seems like an outdated court from the 1900s. But Rockets is not bad or great.
    I don’t know if there’s any good courts that k remember but golden state and lakers is pretty ugly too, too much yellow.

But anyway it’s just a court what’s ugly is all the empty seats that’s the ugliest part of Toyota center. It’s the second round and there’s a bunch of empty seats.

saleem and BigShasta like this.
  2. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

I pretty much agree with 95% of what you're saying conceptually. It DOES annoy me when analysts (and especially former players) talk about really subjective things like "they just wanted it more" as the MAIN factor for a team's performance or lack thereof. Basketball is a very complex sport and in the end, the playoffs do show all the more, that as you pointed out, strategy/schemes is really the main controllable factor that contributes to winning. It reminds me of that time Mark Cuban went on and blasted Skip for making up the most un-measurable narratives that had nothing to do with the game. But ya, I appreciated your analysis of our defense in your post. It'll be interesting what the Jazz try now that we've apparently solved their slip-screen strat with Gobert. I personally just don't think they have enough firepower unless 1-2 of their role players have BIG 20+ pt nights ... assuming Mitchell doesn't turn it up all the sudden.

However, it's not to say that "intensity" or maybe "focus" doesn't play a part in the EXECUTION of the planned-for strategy. I think being able to execute the said strategy (assuming it's a good one) is just as necessary as coming up with it in the first place. Your points on what went wrong in game 2 are legit, and though I do agree that most of that had to do with an overcompensation to our strategy, resulting in way too many open 3s, it doesn't excuse additional blown assignments and what appears to be "lazy"/unfocused play from even our superstars. Sometimes the strategy/schemes play out for a big chunk of the game and then there's multiple sequences of basic basketball intelligence/reads that require a high level of focus on the right things. It's like whenever Harden attempts defending a guy straight up in one-on-one scenarios that don't involve the post and routinely gets blown by (is he "strategizing" to send them to capela?) Or when cp3 (who we are generally correct to think is the most intense/focused) has missed numerous closeouts on corner 3s because he's busy ball-watching ... Happened so much in the wolves series. So I do think this has some degree to do with focus, even if it's not the main thing. It's not that they don't "want it," but that when it comes down to execution, mistakes happen. And even if the strategy isn't a good one, not making those mistakes puts a team in position to overcome it and still get the W.

3. basketballholic

I don't claim to be an expert, just an addict.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol at the fumes and fire......where the Dildo lifts off.

It is so bad that it could be gold.

Patience likes this.
  5. basketballholic

Execution in my opinion is a product of bball iq and skills, not grab bag words like intensity and focus. That's simply how I see it.

I liked your post, not because it favored me, but because it made sense and was about basketball. Keep posting your thoughts. But add some more paragraphs to make it easier to read through.

#1885 basketballholic, May 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
    HewbieTrippin likes this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

7. fiersdownbelow

A little worried about David Stockton going off again. Our garbage time guys only had some answer for him...

pippendagimp likes this.
  8. basketballholic

This is evidence to me that the Jazz have to adjust in game 4 running Crowder with the starters. Wouldn't be surprised if Crowder starts game 4.

cdxiong likes this.
  9. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Where's the game 4 thread?

Wake up @Clutch!

It's game day. I need my fix. Gotta line up the doubters, whiners, and crybabies for a spanking.

10. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Sounds like Rubio and Favors will play tonight. Both questionable, but Jazz papers think they’ll play.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Good luck to them then.

Going to run Harden iso at Gobert and Utah will get destroyed in the paint.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I didn't misquote you. I quoted your text verbatim. What you said. And it wasn't out of context.

We've got to get some defensive magic from Luc or we really should try something radical.....like Qi. (Laugh all you want.at the suggestion. You're not going to be laughing when this season gets flushed down the toilet like the 2005 Phoenix Suns.)
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...fs-round-2-game-3.290246/page-6#post-11727485

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Game 4 thread isn't up yet. But here are the refs for Game 4. cc @Clutch

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Where that Game 4 thread? the squad is ready to go dine

Tfor3 and houston19519 like this.
  15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

This is game 4 thread?

16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

We need a game 4 thread.

Someone needs to nut up and make it happen.

Tfor3 and houston19519 like this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Guys Clutch will get the game 4 thread when he gets around to it. He has a life. Until then, just post in this thread.

rocketman84 likes this.
  18. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I pray Rubio play, don't have to see more of those annoying guards off their bench.

19. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Yea, he’s back tracking hard. What ever happened to people just owning up and saying “I was wrong”

Deuce likes this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nicely said sir.

DD

Deuce likes this.