1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coach: Team needs to take it seriously

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 2, 2018.

1. Drogba

Drogba Member

Lol, you don't think the Oracle is a huge advantage for the Warriors? The best team in the League over the past 4 years?

They cheered Curry's return last night like they just won the Finals. Our crowd is a joke & a serious handicap. Even casual fans have noticed how bad we are.

hakeem94, OTMax, mario_v and 2 others like this.
  2. WestendMassive

Are the Rockets confident or are they arrogant?

3. igotwhipscollectingdust

PLAY A COMPLETE GAME FOR ONCE IT IS THE ****ING PLAYOFFS

hakeem94, Little Bit and Rox11 like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

chill out..

I Can't even take joy doing my superstitious routines because I'm so disappointed.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's on him?

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's amazing you have to tell a team and players in Harden and CP that have so much to prove to work hard. Absolutely amazing.

mfastx, amaru, Vivi and 3 others like this.
  7. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

It's on coaching staff. Our defensive strategy cost us this game. We gave Joe Ingles some many wide open shots it's insane.

8. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

I'm not going to give players a pass if they really are coming in like it's just another day in the office, but honestly sometimes watching the home broadcast it's like they are playing a gentleman's game of golf out there.

9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Exactly! I mean if gsw was bored, the SA series should have gone to seven right?

Gordon doesn’t make things better either

10. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

I think it is more like they can't handle the pressure. Utah plays with much less pressure and with no fear.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

Dude, get a grip. I hate how this board gets after a loss.

12. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I don't believe in putting this on the crowd. That's a cop out at this point. Gotta have some pride out there and bring a professional effort from the jump. They do that and this is a win tonight. The Rox are superior to the Jazz who are currently short-handed. Like I said in other thread the city is in wait and see mode with this team because of disappointing efforts/performances in recent years and efforts like tonight is why the average sports fan in this city will not make much of an effort to support the team.

J Sizzle and Rock Block like this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mike Tyson once said "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I keep seeing this and have to disagree. Look, he missed a lot tonight, and the missed three late was big. But let's not pretend that he played terrible. He hit a few key threes, and was critical in creating his own shot at a time when few were. GG jacks up shots and doesnt make any moves. Ariza is limited offensively, Luc's offense has not come together since coming back, PJ is hit or miss, and Ryan has never been much of a playoff performer (plus, his minutes dont allow for but two or three shots a game at this point). EG has to be given a shot, because he is capable of dropping 4-7 threes in a game, and frankly no one else on the bench is. He played okay tonight, and drove hard, forced fouls on the other team, and made a couple of threes. I expect at some point he'll come through big this playoffs, and probably because MDA stuck by him.

Kim likes this.
  15. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Rockets didn't care until they were down 19, and then Harden single-handily brought them back in it.

Once EG hit that 3 to make it 94-92 Rockets with 8 minutes to go, they thought it was over and didn't play good defense again

darksoul35, hakeem94, amaru and 2 others like this.
  16. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

#36 BasketballMind, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
    hakeem94, Os Trigonum and Lurch like this.
  17. bevo202

bevo202 Member

Real question , if we lose this series Dantoni should be fired right ?

18. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Yeah, but the Warriors won two championships out of three finals trips before they got bored.

amaru likes this.
  19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Also as concerning if not more concerning than the effort issues is the team just has some mentally weak players specifically Gordon and Anderson who are just not able to have a positive enough impact out there. Gordon especially is too important to be this bad and it's starting to take it's toll on the chances of this team accomplishing what they ultimately want to accomplish.

ryano2009 likes this.
  20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This.

I blame the loss on coach.

The game plan is terrible.

Rocketeer4Life and cdxiong like this.