1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 5/2/2018 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 30, 2018.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

If we win tonight, this series is over. The Jazz simply aren't good enough to suddently win 4 out of 5 games against a team they won't have come anywhere close to beating in 6 tries this year.

2. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Why? The Pelicans look like they'll be lucky to get 1 game from the Warriors.

We can't afford to lose unnecessary games and end up playing a rested Warriors squad in the WCF.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Oh my god hahahaha

Adam Silver you could at least TRY to put forth a decent officiating product...

hakeem94 and aroundtheblock2 like this.
  4. houston19519

houston19519 Member

Totally agree with you - not sure what the comments mean - handle your business an move on to game 3 Friday Night

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If the Rockets go up 2-0, the series is likely over(2007 ain't happening again, folks). But it doesn't mean Utah couldn't extend the Semifinals if the Rockets get lackadaisical.

waytookrzy079 and topfive like this.
  6. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Dear basketball Gods,

Please make the refs for tonight's game be at least somewhat fair to our team.

This seems to be our year but we never take your blessings for granted.

7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

So pumped, did my workout in the morning so I can watch the game tonight without having to had miss the gym.
    That said the bench really needs to come through tonight! These Harden and Paul take over games are mad fun but its even more fun when Ryno, Gerald, EG, Joe Johnson ,if he plays, and Nene come through offensively.
    A loss tonight isn't bad but I'd rather us go back to Utah up 2 than 1-1. I hate Utah, not the Jazz, Utah.

8. Raz

Raz Member

Great call... :(

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Brothers is the worst ref in the league in my opinion. Too bad. That just means we have to blow them out. Don't give Brothers a chance to cost us the game!

hakeem94 and Stormy1234 like this.
  10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Chris Paul and Scott Foster have beef. Brothers tries to screw Harden every chance he gets by calling offensive fouls. Bennie Adams also sucks ass. Warriors getting all the preferential refs (60 to 20 free throw advantage in that series so far).

Foster officiated that infamous Clippers game where the rookie played with 6 fouls and hounded Harden all game. Brothers did the infamous Celtics game where Harden got 2 offensive calls in 5 seconds.

11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Ok. So we will loose tonight. Hopefully the last time we have brothers.. we can servive a ref loss in this round. But not the next.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

We tried that with the celtics. And brothers still got them the win.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. aroundtheblock2

Couldn't have picked a worse group of officials.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

Am I off basis, or does Mitchell only go to his right? If so, pretty simple adjustment for Bzdelik, I hope.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Bay Area media thinks Brothers/Foster will help the Rockets. LOL

hakeem94 and Stormy1234 like this.
  16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Nah, we got sloppy in the 3rd and started playing lazy. It was close due to our poor play, but Brothers won it for them at the end.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Utah's David Locke with some interesting stats.

Vivi likes this.
  18. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

If the main issue is corporate seats not being filled in time for the start, then cheap food and booze isn’t going to get them there early. That’s going on the company cards anyway

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Tony Brothers in a Rockets/Jazz playoff Game 2 at Toyota Center is definitely not gonna help the Rockets. We have historical evidence of this. Skip ahead to the 1:15 mark for the infamous screwjob that arguably cost us that series:

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

why is nate duncan not bringing up the 27-9 FT disparity for his golden shower boys last nite? with AD and jrue getting zero fuking FT attempts smh

ThatGuyJoe likes this.