1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It’s hard to dislike this Utah team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Apr 30, 2018.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

I despise the entire team and everyone who has ever played for (or cheered for) the Jazz. As a Rockets fan for 40+ years, I've come by that hatred naturally and organically. It is in no way artificial.

But I'll make an exception for Lindsey and only hate him half the year.

#41 topfive, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    Jake Tower and BleedsRocketRed like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I've seen some of their games in LA. Maybe it's my dislike for the Jazz, but besides Donovan, they seem very boring to me. Gobert has his defensive moments. Crowder would be a type of player Murry would like. Rubio has that greasy Euro look that makes it hard for me to appreciate his playmaking.

They might be solid and drama free, but I'm glad I don't have to root for them.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

I can hate whoever I want, including this bandwaggoner

Jake Tower likes this.
  4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

A few of you mentioned disliking Joe Ingles. I am not sure why. Here's a guy who went from 27-year-old undrafted FA waived in preseason to 30+ mpg starter. Good shooter, solid defender. If he was a Rocket we'd like him as much as we do Tucker, Ariza and Mbah a Moute.

If this series becomes hotly contested (yes, I know Houston looks great in Game 1, but a series can turn) and he gets involved in a controversial situation or two, I can see how I can find him annoying, but he isn't the kind of guy I'd find annoying no matter which uniform he's wearing and whether or not he is playing against the Rockets or some other team. Think about the previous annoying Jazz guys: Malone+Stockton were voted by their peers among the top 3 dirtiest players in the league, people disliked Boozer and Deron Williams even after they left Utah. The current guys are nothing like those previous guys.

HTown_TMac, xaos and yixiixiy like this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I like Donavan Mitchell, but everyone else we can throw into the trash.

6. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Just wait until the games in Utah, where referees lose their mind for whatever reason and fall for all the Jazz flops yet call zero of their real fouls, and clock operators take naps at the end of ballgames.

There is still plenty of time to hate them. Just wait.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I think come Game 3 and Game 4 we are gonna find a new target to get annoyed at, or make fun of if the Rockets keep beating the Jazz:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree, and not only because of Lindey, Snyder is a terrific coach, in their roster there's actually no one i dislike or hate, Ingles can be annoying at times but i agree with what Carl said few posts above.

9. macan

macan Member

Morey needs to low key ask him to trade Mitchell to us for iso joe + wright

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I forgot about their coach in the OP. Super classy guy in interviews, and his warm embrace of Mitchell after their game 6 victory over OKC — I have to admit — just put a big, goofy smile on my face.

Vivi likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Give it time, he's bound to get chippy with some of our guys.

12. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Yep same.

I actually really liked watching this team play against OKC. Made me a fan of donovan. Its entertaining watching the guy play. Granted they will probably get swept by us, I like them.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

like butler, he plays physical against harden but nothing really dirty

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

i don't dislike them. No asshats and no jerry sloan like before. They don't even have the same colors.

Boozer, Harpring, Kirilenko, Okur, Giricek were straight up evil. I hated them with a passion. Probably had to with sloan because this team doesn't play dirty like they did.

Their fans still suck ass though

15. xaos

xaos Member

Simply put, Mitchell is the opposite of everything I hated about the Jazz for decades.

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

not hard to dislike joe ingles

Hippieloser likes this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Do you think he has binders full of jerseys?

Patience likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

I feel like he gets into it with a lot of other teams, we'll see how the series progresses.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Utah had several "jerk" teams through the years. They were dirty, arrogant, and very physical. I remember disliking them for decades. This group seems different except for Ingles who fits the old stereotype.

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

NOTHING CAN MAKE ME UN-HATE THE j*zz.