1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[538] NBA Championship odds: Warriors fall behind rival Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hippieloser, Mar 7, 2018.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

"Fallible statistical models" once again this kind of statement makes it seem like you lack even a basic understanding of probability. (I don't mean to be a dick) You can't draw conclusions from a single data point when a probabilistic function is given. That would be like saying a career .290 hitter sucks because in a single at bat he got out.

durvasa likes this.
  2. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

I guess we hang around different parts of the internet, most of the memes I saw clowned Silver and most of the media for overestimating hillary, lol.

I think SRS/point diff tells a good enough story, we are right up there with GSW but GSW should be considered the favorates.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

And YOU don't seem to grasp that a 71% chance of winning is much greater than a 29% chance. Good luck in Vegas.

HayesStreet likes this.
  4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Omg. You are incredibly thick. It's one thing to be uninformed. It's another to not be aware of it.

If the odds are 71% or 11% or 47% and you can only have the event run once your CANNOT make any sort of conclusion about the probability being accurate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fiveth...-a-better-chance-than-almost-anyone-else/amp/

Just admit you were wrong and educate yourself.

The Hunted likes this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's what SHE said.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Wow... would you take the Rockets or the field at this juncture?

[​IMG]

nacho bidness and Sajan like this.
  7. OTMax

OTMax Member

Warriors still the favorites.

Nook likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hold it Dine!

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The thing is the Raptors have done nothing major in the playoffs, they are just a good team but I am not trusting DeRozan just yet. Their superior bench won't have much PT.

I think at least in the East, Lebron will be hellbent to make it to the ECF and the Sixers look very good, just need experience.

I give the Sixers 47% for ECF.

This is based on pure speculation based on 1 great regular season.

10. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

So let me get this right - the Rockets have the highest chance of winning the playoffs because they have unlocked the greatest playoff Carmelo power level?

I mean, I know the Rockets have been dominating the league all season, but 1777 playoff Carmelos is damn impressive. Or maybe it's an insult at this point I'm not sure...

topfive likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why is called Super Carmelito level? That dude has never gone to the Finals.

12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I would ignore any model that claims the 76ers have a better chance at winning the title than the warriors.

13. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Anyone got any figures on regular season winners going on to win the championship?

14. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Don't get me wrong, I love the Rockets. But if you give me 10-1 on the Warriors winning the title, I might crack open my 401K.

Nook, mikol13, RedNation and 2 others like this.
  15. jbasket

jbasket Member

Taking the field come on y'all, let's be honest. I'll sell my VeChain for that bet.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Well they have a better chance of reaching the finals than the Warriors.

Mr Chuck Norris and topfive like this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Makes sense, because the Sixers have a better shot at actually getting to the finals. The Warriors have to beat the Rockets first, but the Sixers won't.

18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yeah I just think these odds are crazy. Of course I want the Rockets, but damn I’m nervous. So much to prove to be able to knock off the Warriors.

19. Nook

Nook Member

The Warriors with Steph Curry healthy are at WORST even odds with the Rockets.

The Rockets have a real chance but this has a very 2001-2002 Kings vs. Lakers feel to it.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If you have 7 blue balls and 3 red bowls and you randomly pick a ball you might end up with a red ball. That doesn't mean their model is wrong. That is why you play the games.

TheRealAllpro and harold bingo like this.