1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 4/18/2018 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

this. people are trying to make it all about stupid coaching. its actually not even that. its the defensive gameplan put in place thats making it incredibly difficult for minny and they havent found anything to counter in their favor. Just dump it down to KAT on the switch? No, its far from that simple

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

And I would credit the T'Wolves defense in part for Harden's struggles in Game 2. They zeroed in on his drives and were contesting a lot of those 3's. The difference is that he and especially CP3 were finding the open man and this time their teammates knocked down more of their shots.

Chanmarr, BigMaloe, da_juice and 4 others like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its an anti jinx device

Deckard and deb4rockets like this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Hakeemtheking and MacLovin like this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Wanted to quote this to spin it forward.....if the Rockets can do THIS against OKC in the 2nd round (assuming they advance) then they will be in great shape as OKC's offense revolves around offensive rebounding.

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He wants to be like Mike.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  7. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Against any other playoff team, attacking on a switch on a guard with KAT would be not only sound, but effective.
    Unfortunately for them, Harden may be the strongest guard in the league and Gordon isn't that far behind, and CP3 has locked up Kevin Durant in the post in the past, this ain't **** for him.

YOLO likes this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Just a shout out to Nene's strong play in this game. Just played 12 minutes but they were very strong in the 2nd quarter. Some nice blocks!
    cc @Codman

Houtho, Chanmarr, Deckard and 7 others like this.
  9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Nene's been great so far in the playoffs. Maybe he was just holding back all season. He's still lost a step compared to last year, but at least it doesn't appear that he's lost 3 steps.

10. mockster

mockster Member

Rockets defense is working miracles though. We have a huge boost by adding guys like tucker, mbah and Paul. On top of that our defensive coach and Paul have made strides to the rest of the team, everyone is playing with high energy on defense.

I just feel like we have the ability to really stop a team when we have to and our three point shooting brings us right back

11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

He's just doing a little Texas Two Step. Gotta love our Brazilian Beast of Burden. He can bring it when we need him to.

12. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

@djtgray, please expand your library of songs to play after a W.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  13. HTM

HTM Member

I met Nene today at a car wash... I know pics or it didn't happen... and I have a pic but I don't want to reveal my identity to you heathens.

14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

No problem, identity secret is fine with me. So, was his car nicer than yours?

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

James Harden is averaging 28 ppg 7.5 assists 1.5 blocks and 4 rebounds after going 2/18 from the field.

[​IMG]

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Crop yourself out of the picture

Post it cropped or gtfo :eek:

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. HTM

HTM Member

Yes it was a black Bentley... some type of 4 door ... not the continental GT

deb4rockets and ramotadab like this.
  19. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

Thanks, I definitely missed this news. I thought he was in the doghouse again.

Hope we gets well soon. Love what Nene has been bringing these past couple of games, but we need another big body to be ready. With Ryno returning, we'll at least have that option of a small ball stretch 5.