1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE JOE JOHNSON

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsdreamer, Feb 14, 2018.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

JJ better not get any playing time over Green or Ryno. He can still get some nice post ups, but not more than 5-10 minutes!

Tankeio likes this.
  2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

What did I say that was wrong? I stand by what I said in that there was no problem playing JJ more than GG to see what he could contribute to the team. Unlike GG, JJ had (still does if his shot starts to fall) the potential to be a consistent contributor. GG is just another quick trigger off the bench and a poor defender at that.

3. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

Green at least hustles on D and can use his athleticism to try and make up for his defensive mistakes, but Joe... wow... can't stay in front of anyone, can't box out, can't rebound, can't contribute anything on D... (from what I can see)

Ps I didn't y'alls convo

GO Rockets

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

It’s ok.

5. chenjy9

Supporting Member

It's OK that you continue to be wrong when trying to argue with me. I absolutely agree.

6. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I agree that this has been the result, but hindsight is always 20/20. It was less about believing JJ was capable of his previous greatness and more about seeing what he could contribute over a player that we all already knew what he brings to the table. What would giving JJ's minutes to GG (what people are really b****ing about in this thread) do for us in the long run? Absolutely freaking nothing! Now if JJ panned out after building team chemistry, the potential of what he could offer was far greater than anything we could have hoped for GG to provide. That's really the simple truth of it all.

Now people like xroyal would try and have others believe I was predicting JJ to be great and all and replace one of our core rotation players (something I never, ever said), when my stand has been very simple the entire time; there is no point in us playing GG over JJ for games that were ultimately worth very little, while playing JJ a lot of minutes early on to see what he can bring during games that DID MATTER was far more valuable. Now we know that JJ is at this time very limited, but we risked absolutely nothing to find that out.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Man up.

8. chenjy9

Supporting Member

You should take your own advice since I have not been wrong about anything I said, but keep yapping. It amuses me.

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Touchdown.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Like I said at the time...

Joe Johnson was terrible for the jazz this year. They were a team that was fighting for the playoffs and decided they’d be better off without him. His shot is busted. He has like three good games that lifted a months average and got some folks hyped, but people who watched him every day like David Locke knew the real story.

Don’t mind the signing, it was worth seeing for ourselves. Now just hope coach doesn’t delude himself into thinking joe can help him win a title like he has said.

Invisible Fan, Huricane and today like this.
  11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Trash, junk, washed up just like the other JJ in Houston

12. Mr. Space City

jj fatt & jj old :eek:

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

You were slow to see that JJ was washed.

You were arguing against people saying he was washed up and it was NOT worth taking out a player who was playing well at a time to see a player who everyone could see was a worse option.

You were wrong. It wasn’t worth it.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Non factor if he plays his 7 minutes or not.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The thing is we were not going to get borderline useful players, teams were discarding those players like nothing.

JJ and Wright seemed alright on paper. It did not work out but it's not like I had high hopes like the last time I did with a dude named Ty Lawson.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Joe has a wrist injury, he's not washed. Once his wrist heals, he'll be fine.
    Mike is playing Joe to get him in shape.
    Mike is just playing Joe to see what lineups work.

Busty Brandan & Broken Joe :D

Ersan & Marco would look real good right now!

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

Joe is done when Ryno comes back I think.

18. macan

macan Member

he should not get any mins when both ryno and luc come back..he doesn't even cheer lead well ffs..

19. chenjy9

Supporting Member

And I still stand by all of that. I don't believe JJ was washed up, just out of shape. He's had a few good games after his wrist injury healed up, both as a Jazz and the Rockets. Saying that he is not washed up is still a far cry from your accusation that I called him good.

Of course I argued that it was worth playing JJ over GG. Let me re-iterate for you, there was no point in playing GG over JJ at the time. We all knew what he had to offer; a quick trigger on a shot that was either hot or cold and terrible D. We saw it last night just as we saw it the first day that we got GG. Now JJ, had he panned out to be a more integral part of our offense, playing him over GG would have been absolutely more than worth it. Even he didn't pan out, it still wouldn't have mattered. Did we win the first seed or not despite some tinkering with PT? We did, case closed.

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Jj had some solid defensive contribution game 1.

DreamShook and durvasa like this.