1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Drain the Swamp: Scott Pruitt Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Apr 5, 2018.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

How did they find a condo in OK worth $70k flat? Never mind profit.

justtxyank likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

The Hobby Lobby crew lives there, btw. The Love's Travel Stops (probably doesn't mean much to you, but they're huge). So do a whole bunch old school oil money types.

Thus the Thunder.

If you're ever in Oklahoma, hang out in Tulsa. It's a cool town.

But your point is valid. Not so much the how, but the WHY?

3. B-Bob

I was kidding, , and I do know Love's Travel stops, having once driven every mile I could for fun. Would like to check out Tulsa.

4. Buck Turgidson

Aren't we all?

But Tulsa is pretty cool, all bullsh!t considered.

5. watashi315

watashi315 Member

I work in the "swamp" and I can say that this guy is as corrupt as they come. Zero qualifications for his job. Very bribable. Greedy and no morals.

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...I don't see the problem....

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He probably went to the Trump University real estate program. Great school, everyone says so.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

This is where we are at now...

9. B-Bob

Running the whole government like a mafia family. Comey nailed it, sad to say.

SMDH.

10. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

EPA climate nutjobs are fighting for their lives. Pruitt is reducing the power of the EPA pretty aggressively,
    getting rid of the climate zealots that want to use the government power to enact their own agendas.

The system and the EPA people will fight him on all of it.

They're cutting BILLIONS from the EPA budget, layoffs for the first time ever in these government
    agencies which is leading to revolts by the staff and all this nonsense about spending.

I'd rather spend millions on the guy that cuts BILLIONS to reduce the tax and regulatory burden of these bloated agencies!

11. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

These government agencies have been able to live free and clear with a lack of efficiency or concern for their costs.
    Knowing people in various agencies a bad employee is never let go just transferred or moved around as the government
    unions make it near impossible to fire terrible workers.

The reduction in costs at State, EPA and other agencies is a much needed culling of a system that has gotten out of whack
    and is like a leech to the American taxpayer.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The agendas of the EPA has always been clean air and water. I don't know why that's a problem. We have seen that even with our current EPA restrictions we have incidents like what happened in Michigan, and contamination of dozens if not hundreds of other sites around our nation.

Why are you against clean air and water?

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yet, you support keeping a bad employee at the very top of the agency. He is not only a bad employee, he has expressed a disbelief in science which should determine how he effectively completes his job. He has also wasted and scammed money for his own personal benefit. I doubt there is a worse employee in the agency than Pruitt himself.

B-Bob likes this.
  14. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Threatening a Wyoming man a fine of $75,000 per day to build a pond on his own land is not about clean air and water.

Governmental power over our lives whether its in occupational licensure of professions from medical to florists to agencies
    slowing down progress and pushing excessive fees that keep people from entrepreneurship and attempting to attain their
    American dream has to stop.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

That case has been settled. It is also an exception and not the norm of the EPA. Building a pond could be a problem for the environment and thus should be monitored. I'm not sure why the man didn't get the necessary permits.

16. Anticope

Anticope Member

What the hell does this even mean? Pruitt's a shill for a the fossil fuel industry who's using the EPA to enact his own agenda but somehow that's different? Or is he not a zealot since you agree with him?

B-Bob likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

It doesn't shock me that these assholes would be corrupt.

What shocks me is that they will do it for so little money.

If you are going to w**** yourself, at least do it Clinton or Bush Sr. style and get enough to make it worth your time.

Invisible Fan and Buck Turgidson like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

19. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

isnt this what pruitt is doing?

20. B-Bob

No. To these people, a "zealot" is someone who uses scientific data specifically or disagrees with Hannity generally.. A "patriot" is someone who dismisses science in order to support the oligarchy specifically or Fox News generally.

Pruitt is a "patriot."

FranchiseBlade, jo mama and pirc1 like this.