1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike D'Antoni said he isn't a fan of rest thinks it caused hardens shooting to go down

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Mr. Space City

well harden sure didn't rest today.

rest against the hungry teams playing hard as hell and "get into rhythm" vs the tanking teams with nothing to play for if you want to do both at least.

there was no incentive to play this game at all.

djperm and Stormy1234 like this.
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he's deflecting blame because he's running harden to the ground AGAIN

35 minutes in a meaningless game when HCA throughout the playoffs is guaranteed and it's harden's fault?

and BTW, everyone HAD a bad shooting night and game

Stormy1234 likes this.
  3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

No excuses for Harden this year in the playoffs. I have a feeling that this thread is trying to get some ready. No one is buying it.

Little Bit and mikol13 like this.
  4. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Just saying that blaming Harden for every single playoff failure on the team is unreasonable and unfounded. He's been mediocre in the postseason compared to his regular seasons, with every efficiency stat going down, then again, unless you are LeBron, Kawhi, Jordan, Jerry West, or Hakeem, this will happen to you.

We've lost series thanks to major rotation pieces being unplayable when the postseason hits, think Jamal Crawford shooting 37% from the field in the 2015WCSF unplayable. Guys like Jermey Lin and T-Jones in 2014, Brewer, Jones, Terry, and Smoov in 2015, the entire damn team in 2016, and Ryan Anderson, and Lou Williams in 2017.

It seems pretty obvious via cause and effect that since Harden played like ass after his head being knocked around by Pau Gasol's elbow, and played great beforehand, that something was wrong.
    You're sounding like the Chris Paul playoff haters with this rhetoric of "His teams always lose!!!!! Forget the circumstances, it's solely his fault every year!!" I've never denied that he's had a bad series, hell, i've admitted that he quit on the team! But the last time he had a team this talented, his team got to the finals by riding him in the clutch against the Spurs. As for the finals, getting manhandled by LeBron James at the peak of his powers on every possession when you are 22 probably isn't a recipe for success.

5. Mr. Space City

and i never blamed harden for every single playoff failure. i've gone at it with fans on other boards with people who blame him for losing to much more talented teams than his with much better coaching (except the spurs last year)

i'm just not gonna sit up here and act like he hasn't been disappointing in the playoffs, and i'm not gonna make excuses for why he's been poor up to this point.

no shame in losing to all-time great teams with all-time great talent. but can he just like..... not be so terrible.... at like... the absolute worst times in the playoffs.

6. vlaurelio

LOL harden need's an excuse for not being able to carry pbev slou dkker and harrell to championship?

7. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

"Its On Me 2.0" got me worried, but as long as CP doesn't get clamped up like Yao did against Boozer and Okur (nearly threw up typing that) we should be ok.

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Hopefully it's not an issue . James isn't going hard right now ... And when he is , he can get buckets at will , even if his shot is a little off .

I would like for James to get even more time off to let nagging injuries like that to heal . We've got 5 games left . I'd be cool if he only played 1 or 2 of them .

djperm and Stormy1234 like this.
  9. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Hell, lets go down the @RocketsTruth path, these wrist injuries are fake news to justify him throwing playoff games.

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I've said it once and I'll say it again . My biggest concern going forward isn't Harden or CP or the defense or any of the players .... It's MDA .

This guy has some strokes of genius and he also does some mind boggling stupid ( IMO ) stuff . I think he could get destroyed if we match up vs a superior coach .... Hopefully our talent advantage will be enough to carry us

11. vlaurelio

or just limit him to the 1st half/20 minutes a game then rest 1 game before the playoffs

djperm likes this.
  12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Wait are we really caring lmao. R.e.l.a.x. It's like getti g up for work when they aren't paying u lol.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Basically Mike Dan Tony saying if my star players don't play 36 minutes every night, don't blame me for the loss

Blame those who want them rested

kjayp and Stormy1234 like this.
  14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Basically Mike Dan Tony laying the framework for if we bow out of the playoffs

"See I told you, I didn't want to rest them in game 75 of the regular season as it hurts their rhythm and ahs caused us to exit the playoffs"

15. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Here comes the excuses if harden choke again in the playoffs...I HAVE TO DO TOO MUCH WORK, SO I GAVE UP.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

This team is overhyped by everyone. If Harden plays poorly again in any game in the playoff series where we lose, the media will never forget it.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  17. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Dan Tony needs to realize that there are more coaches of his caliber than there are players of Harden's caliber. I wouldn't be surprised to see 7 man rotations rear their ugly head in the playoffs again.

kjayp and Stormy1234 like this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think it is refreshing MDA is being honest. If this was GSW, smug ass Kerr would have said, "Everything is fine, we aren't worried".

Deuce, Stormy1234 and napalm06 like this.
  19. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Lamo game 6 isn't EVER going away, LeBron has 3 rings and the greatest finals series of all time and people STILL bring up the 2010 ECSF and the 2011 finals.

You can't heal scars of failure, you can only cover them up with success sauce.

adw likes this.
  20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Hakeem averaged 41 mpg in 94. He averaged 40 mpg in 95. Harden is averaging 35.5 minutes per game this year, which is less minutes per game than in any of Hakeem's first 13 seasons.

Unfair to compare him to Hakeem? I agree, let's compare him to his peers then:

Players averaging more minutes per game than Harden this year include: LeBron, Giannis, Lillard, Davis -- i.e. every other player being considered for MVP.

Among players playing 30+ minutes a game (93 players), Harden is last in movement per minute on defense, and 3rd to last on movement per minute on offense.

Give it a rest with the rest stuff. Harden is 28 years old, in his physical prime. A player of his caliber should not be getting exhausted with this workload.

Deuce, mikol13, TheFreak and 3 others like this.