1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Weeden returns to Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DieHard Rocket, Mar 27, 2018.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The Texans should build their team around this philosophy.

deb4rockets likes this.
  2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

[​IMG]

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It looks like the defense will be elite, so hopefully it doesn't matter, but I wouldn't want the team to just tank if the QB gets hurt. Minnesota also made a deep run without their starter

deb4rockets likes this.
  4. Mr. Clutch

Around the philosophy of having good depth at all positions?

Yes, I agree.

deb4rockets likes this.
  5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I rather have Weeden than Savage. I believe BOB likes Weeden because he knows his temperament and fits his style of play. It would of been nice if we had Kap.

6. Mr. Clutch

Yes he knows him well. Why doesn't he try scouting guys he doesn't know well?

Crennel seems to do that just fine.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Stupid

Sign someone that can run the same offense if Deshaun gets hurt. This just indicates that they will take Ls until DeShaun gets back.

Mr. Clutch and Fulgore like this.
  8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

QB is about protecting the ball and limit errors, I think BOB sees Weeden as someone who can limit mistakes. Texans defense is going to be 180 degree from last year maybe he sees Weeden who can be like Trent Dilfer, just hold the ball and make the other team go long to score.

9. Mr. Clutch

I don't think that's the only thing being a QB is a about. Also need to make plays. Or how about finding a young guy to develop and the potentially trade like the Pats do? Both Garoppolo and Brisset played well for them

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RG3 might fit that bill.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

Is this who y'all wanted instead?

12. Nook

Nook Member

"We really enjoy having Brandon around. He was raised right. Grew up in a conservative Christian home in Oklahoma. Great guy to talk to and he won't be kneeling and disrespecting our brave troops. He and Brian (Cushing) have had Janice and I over for a Dr. Pepper social. " - Bob McNair

13. ballgame

ballgame Member

Qb's that BOB knew well; Weeden, Hoyer, Mallet, Brock (training camp practices w/Denver) and Fitz.....none of which were above average. So, why in HELL go back that route?

Fulgore and Mr. Clutch like this.
  14. showa13

showa13 Member

How many backups currently available are as good as Nick Foles? How many backups started a full season and threw for 23 TDs? Foles is a clear example of the exception not the rule. There are no Foles like backups just out there.

If Deshaun is out for the year and the Texans suck we get a high draft pick in each round. Most teams don’t have this type of backup cause there are essentially very few backups that are like that. The Eagles had the exception, 31/32 teams would suck if their starter went out unless they already suck.

Deshaun is a very special and exceptional talent, there aren’t many guys like him out there. Other than Kaep, what availabile backups out there have anything that resembles what Deshaun does?

15. Mr. Clutch

No one thought Foles was any good. The Eagles signed up him to be a backup for 2 years/ 11 million.

Nimo likes this.
  16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Weedon is going to take us anywhere if Watson tears another ACL. He has already torn one in both knees, which makes his risk of it happening again about 6 times higher than someone who hasn't. I think we have to draft a QB in the 3rd round, as bad as I really want to beef up our offensive line prospects, or a TE with those picks.

17. showa13

showa13 Member

Foles and Keenum for that matter suffered the Jeff Fisher effect

18. Mr. Clutch

So why not try to find a QB out there who has hidden potential? We know it's not Weeden.

19. ballgame

ballgame Member

No but I want a backup QB who has at least shown something! Like RG3. If you have an athletic QB, why bring in the total opposite as a backup?

20. showa13

showa13 Member

Which is why I think we draft a late round QB. Weeden is a camp arm who know the system.