1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant Suffers Rib Cartilage Fracture

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Mar 16, 2018.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The media and GSW have been saying they don't care about the Rockets. I don't understand why they would go through all this bullsh*t if they could just easily say they were resting.

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Too bad all of this didn't happen in the first or second round of the playoffs...but well, at least they'll probably lose a couple of games more than expected, a loss in San Antonio is pretty much a given at this point.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  3. Voltik

Voltik Member

Beat them at full strength in WCF. No excuses. No asterisks.

ghettocheeze and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

cause they actually are scared of the rockets and they know they can't come out and say they are resting the players because the NBA is cracking down on teams about resting players

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree don't get me wrong, it's just that they had so much luck in their first win...

6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

We will have better conditioning

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If Klay has a sore thumb, NBA won't care if he sits out a couple games. If KD has sore ribs, NBA won't care if he sits out a couple games. You don't lie and say they broke their thumb and ribs just to get 2 weeks rest.. That's crazy!

BigggReddd likes this.
  8. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

smells like fish to me so it is what it is

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

it gotta be tony robbins behind it all

ghettocheeze likes this.
  10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Feels like he could play through it if he wanted to (obviously did against Los Angeles) but they're just gonna rest him as a precaution.

ghettocheeze and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

12. xaos

xaos Member

I'm slow cooking some ribs right now. I'm going to call this dinner the Durant Platter

13. theimpossibles1

Can't believe it took 9 posts to state the obvious. Rib cartiledge fracture? Please... Whole lotta idiots here on Cfans.

I mean do yall even follow basketball? This is such no brainer sh*t.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nb...le/2017/09/28/changes-lottery-resting-players

"Teams can't sit healthy players for high-profile, nationally televised games, and fines for violating that can be for at least $100,000."

14. theimpossibles1

The Rockets ought to be doing this too. I am terrified of the Warriors now. What do you think is more important? One extra home game in the finals, or a fully healthy and rested roster?

Hint: James Harden game 6 last season...

15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

You only listed 2 possibilities in a hypothetical WCF warriors vs rox event while ignoring other possible outcomes.

Its entirely possible that warriors can be banged up without homecourt and the rockets will be healthy with homecourt

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17. theimpossibles1

I listed the two seemingly obvious outcomes based on current circumstance. We could sit here and name every possible contingency but then we would be here all night. I am living in reality while most of yall are trying to manipulate everything to sound like it favors the Rockets.

Don't get me wrong, we are still in great shape with a solid chance to take the ring, but these chess moves by the Warriors are indeed clever ploys that could pay huge dividends down the stretch.

I would love to see Harden, CP3 and Capela get a few games off before the hoffz.

Yes, having cp3 has and will continue to take some load off Harden, but he is still getting heavy minutes and will be leaned on in close playoff games. I don't wanna see a repeat of last year where we didn't even face the Warriors. You think the Spurs are taxing? Try one round later against the greatest team of the 21st century...

18. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Well this is where we disagree. I dont think warriors getting injured and getting the 2nd seed = rejuvenated and healthy warriors team in the playoffs.

I also dont believe the rockets staying healthy and getting the 1 seed = exhausted and burnt out rockets in the playoffs. Harden and cp3 will most likely rest the last game or two of the season if we clinch.

Injuries are always bad IMO. I believe that Steph with his ankles, klay with his thumb, and durant with his rib increases the probability of them being knicked up or reinjured in the playoffs.

It seems like you think their injuries just increase the chances of them being rested for the playoffs.

Let me ask you this, do you think cp3 turning his ankle and harden breaking his thumb right now would help our playoff chances? Because I surely dont

ghettocheeze and roslolian like this.
  19. theimpossibles1

You are assuming these are legitimate injuries. This is where we disagree.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

How do you fracture cartilage?