1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3: Sore Left Knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Mar 14, 2018.

1. aroundtheblock2

But the Lakers have their own guys out as well.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  2. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Cushion? You call a magic number of 13 with 15 games left a cushion? While I want to be conservative with Paul, Harden, and Capela, I would not consider a lead of 3 in the loss column a cushion against a team capable of winning out. Now with the splash brothers having their little booboo's perhaps it becomes easier. But I would not shut down the main guys on a whim thinking we have #1 in the bag.

3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

get the one seed sewn up mathematically, then rest everyone

jevjnd, D-rock and RyanB like this.
  4. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Very true. We are only up 2 in the loss column to the Raptors (tie goes to them). blah blah blah about last game. Fact is they broomed our ass so..

5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Lakers are in form and on fire lately

DonKnock likes this.
  6. rocketsmetalspd

Apply Vicks on the knee and drink a 7-Up.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  7. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Bone on bone

kjayp likes this.
  8. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Might as well imitate Pop all the way...

[​IMG]

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Legends in your mind.....they suck in ours

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm saying that over the course of the next couple of weeks, we'll probably be resting guys on and off. Nobody is shutting anybody down for an extended period of time.

And, it's 3 games for all intents and purposes, with the Warriors dealing with tons of injuries. One thing is for sure.....the Rockets want the #1 seed, but not at the expense of our overall health.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I’ll enjoy watching Chris Paul tomorrow.

DonKnock and adw like this.
  12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Only Lame-O’s tap-out when down 2 games in the standings with about 15 games remaining.

Tell the Warriors thank you for recognizing that they are not good enough to overtake the Rockets
    in the standing and conceding it so quickly.

D-rock and SamFisher like this.
  13. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

MDA and GM if you guys are reading this... please please rest CP3 and Capela if you need to.. Klay will be missing several weeks, Steph is out at-least five games and Green is also out. We need to be smart, we want a pschological edge on opponents that a combo of Cp3, Capela and Harden is almost unbeatable.. and only beaten by a team like Toronto on the road after a 17 game winning streak... Please don't play them if they are not 100% healthy, keep the teams guessing.. Please alternate harden and Cp3 on remaining back to backs.. We need to increase EG, JJ, GG and Rynos confidence going into the playoffs.. Please no risks.. we are playing alot of teams fighting for playoff spots, and teams will play hard and bring their A physical game, please don't take risks that we don't need to... Please use our depth

mike2k132 likes this.
  14. RESINator

RESINator Member

Rest him. Its very likely we've clinched 1st seed for playoffs

15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Preach brotha

16. alethios

alethios Member

17. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Brilliant! I remember seeing a "DNP - Old" from Pop :)

lnchan and D-rock like this.
  18. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

oops... cropped it wrong... FIXED

[​IMG]

DonKnock likes this.
  19. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

AKA "REST"

Nothing to see here.

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

There's no discussion in the locker room of "cushion" or "rest."

There are discussions of legitimate injuries and pain.

There are also discussions that this is systematically designed to ensure full health come playoff time.

And, for my own reasons, with health, you'll see how much of a difference a big man with post moves can have in the playoffs in mismatch scenarios or when/if MDA decides to punish teams by using a Ne/Jo offense where teams will decide to double on our 33+ year olds, and ultimately, freeing up our countless shooters.

He's getting his legs back, but the idea of a switch that requires Steph Curry to guard Joe Johnson makes me salivate. Imagine, if you will, ISo Joe, posting Steph (or similar douchehat) so deep towards the basket that Joe gets doubled and kicks it to, say, Trevor Ariza, for an easy 3.

Or, imagine, MDA running a few plays through NeNe, where a big from any of the current playoff teams falls for a simple up-fake. You saw what NeNe did to OKC before he was injured in the playoffs. When he's healthy, he has some of the best footwork in the league for his size, minutes and age. He can abuse Deandre Jordan and he's the threat we NEEDED last year.

As much hate as Joe has gotten, it's the same thing. Sure, he can hit the J and the three, but our playoff options have now extended into a vicious post game...a very,very poor man's Barkley/Hakeem version of forcing a double or triple team and kicking it out to shooters.

From my Ear: we'll begin seeing a variation of CP3 posting up more, but not with the intention to shoot. They've been working on having him post towards the mid-lane so that help defenders worry about CP mid pull-up. As they worry and watch, Clint/Ne/Luc all cut. James hangs on the perimeter ready to serve as the shooter.

This is obviously exciting for me for many reasons. I love the 3 ball and the layups, but to win it all, you need another option. We have a point guard, a SF and a PF (Ne) who all have really underrated post games. James can be put in that category, but it's not his preference.

Just be patient. When CP3 starts demanding a double team in the post. and teams can't figure out why they're running to help defend, it will be fun to watch.

One Love.

...or two come July ;)