1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 2/25/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2018.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

(whispers) Go away.

13BeardsIN1 and Fullcourt like this.
  2. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

[​IMG]

rhee likes this.
  3. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

don_dougan
    Nuggets play by play announcer (I believe Chris Marlowe) on James Harden being MJ-esque. #Rockets #MVP pic.twitter.com/OiL9mprYF3
    26 Feb 2018 at 13:13

hakeem94 and don grahamleone like this.
  4. macan

macan Member

loving our team's chemistry this year

5. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

James and CP are such a perfect duo. Enough difference in personality and play-style to not overlap, and still have one central mindset of doing whatever it takes to lead this team all the way.

saleem, hakeem94, Jontro and 2 others like this.
  6. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Lol yea even Jokic was breathing heavy all game and he plays in Denver.

Btw Jokic gets away with a lot of pushing and grabbing and he is sneaky and then smart to try to get a foul on his defender. He seemed exhausted at times or out of breath and he should have gotten a tech. But anyway he got away with a lot of offensive fouls.

Also wright seem to have almost no lift irk if he still recovering or maybe just getting back in playing shape.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. jayfree

jayfree Member

The scary thing about this team. We had only 18 assists (13 from Harden and Paul). Denver had 33 assists.

We have playmakers but we are killing teams without having to pass the ball as much as our opponents.

hakeem94 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

joe johnson i hope mda was just working in for reps to see what we have, b/c he looked really slow on the defensive end. in fact i think if gerald green had gotten half of JJ's minutes we win by 15. in a game like this with the nugz loaded with quick wings, gerald should have played.

9. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Chemistry, togetherness is there. Its a big reason we are dealing well with adversity.
    I didnt like James screaming at clint after pauls late TO though. He was the in-bounder, he wasnt the reason cp got trapped with no options. Other players have to know the situation and help out there instead of being all the way down court. CC has been huge all season keep building his confidence up. Not a big deal but i dont wanna see that happen when he wasnt the culprit. Him inbouding the ball quickly was actually a good play.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Looks like this was won in the first half.

11. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Doubt Harden gets half those calls against the likes of Golden State.

12. threepointshot3

As long as he can shoot like shot last night 11-20 from the field and 6-10 from three point line who cares how many calls he gets .

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

Really odd game, predicted 118-112 which it almost was. Crazy how complacent we got and how many turnovers we had due to the ball slipping or just lackadaisical. Harden got lucky on some of those calls and we fouled Jokic a whole lot too, which they didn't call. This was our turn of getting the Warriors treatment, though I'd wish they could just call it more consistently. How in the world did Harden get and-1's on some of those shots and not others that were much more obvious and he was already in shooting motion, which he wasn't today on some of them.
    Capela played soft, my god. I liked what Wright did, though we didn't involve him enough.

Ariza looks deadly, Tucker is on fire with his threes, Mbah had some nice drives - short on his threes - and Harden was just toying with them. Our defense for the first 2-3 quarters was really, really good. Ariza and Tucker in particular. Harden did a nice job when he was posted up. Ryan needs to stop hesitating and just do those mid-range fadeaway bank shots from now on haha :) glad he was somewhat effective. It's obvious Green is out of the rotation and rightfully so.

hakeem94 and j@amc like this.
  14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Watch the play he's referring to. This isn't Harden's normal step back. He switches pivot feet and moves each of them. I think he may have gotten off four steps on that specific play, but you're right that his normal step-back is perfectly legal.

Traveling happens everyday in the NBA. I'm surprised Bill Simmons took the time to even mention it. It's not like it was that easy to pick up on. It happened in a flash. I bet he didn't even notice until the gif came out and he watched it 3 or 4 times.

15. don grahamleone

You're making me feel better. I'm in Park City Utah right now and I lose my breath climbing the stairs. It's embarrassing.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. don grahamleone

17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The only one which I can recall that wasn't a blatant foul was the Chandler one?

skroodup25 likes this.
  18. j@amc

j@amc Member

If Harden wants to be the MVP, he has to play more cleanly. The league is going to make this a point of emphasis before long. All kinds of players are taking too much liberty. They’ve cracked down on grabbing while driving. . .

If you want to be the face of the NBA, keep working on you’re shooting. But the bunny hops with the shot clock winding down, i don’t like them.

saleem likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah, if only Kawhi was healthy he would be the MVP

Remlap and saleem like this.