1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MAGA exposes school shooting survivor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 19, 2018.

1. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

I don't disagree that the children are emotionally affected - compromised seems to be the word one would use when they don't agree on the view. I was challenging your assertion about the people who share those views being discounted by the fact that they were similar to the children's.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't understand why you bought AR-15s to defend your house. LOL you are so dumb. You could have saved so much money by just using knives and been just as effective. LOL THIS guy right here haha.

B-Bob likes this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My point wasn't necessarily that the opinion was wrong based solely on the fact that it is shared with another group, the point was that when the group that you have speaking for you and pushing your political narrative is a bunch of kids who are biologically more inclined to be affected by strong emotion (which is why I called them emotionally compromised) and biologically limited when it comes to their capacity for rational thought.....who just went through an emotionally traumatic experience, it's logical to think that they wouldn't have the most rational opinion on the issue. It's perfectly possible that pushing for gun bans that have already proved ineffective in this country at limiting the number and lethality of school shootings, as a response to a school shooting, is a completely rational reaction....but it's also possible that it is an irrational response based on emotion rather than logic.

Dark Rhino likes this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

They are teens that faced a very stressful and emotional event. That is <> emotionally compromised. How they react to that isn't universal and I shouldn't have to point that out to anyone. The students that have articulated what they like to see change in the public sphere is showing great strength and courage. I wouldn't be so worry about these kids, as I would be for those that isolate themselves, have usual fear, and other tell signs of being emotionally "compromised".

Calling them all emotionally compromised is an attack on them. You do this plenty of time for anyone that have a different viewpoint than your. You dismissed their views by attacking them based on invalid and stereotypical claims. You seem to not even have the courage, or the awareness or intelligent to know what you are doing.

p.s. I think multiple part of your brain wasn't integrated properly. I suggest daily mediation therapy. It can start the integration process.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Who said anything about a house? I'm talking about 8+ acres. BTW, have you seen the militaristic state of police forces? You think it will be long before you have to show your papers just to get to a grocery store?

My peace of mind comes with being prepared. You may like surprises but I don't.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It's low and too common in the Trump age (amplified by social media). Again, I wouldn't be surprised that some of these are started by the Russian trolls. Great opportunity for them.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I was going to suggest zombies. But the military state is a good start.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

...probably shouldn't be buying guns either.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

How is it showing strength and courage? They are exploiting a tragedy to push political narratives and they are being rewarded for it with praise by those who are encouraging them to do so. There's no real downside for them until they grow up and realize that the things they thought as children were short sighted. At which point, there could be some regret for their actions.....but that's nothing serious.

Calling them emotionally compromised is merely a logical conclusion based on their age and the known development process of the human brain. I do love how you think that biology is merely "stereotypical claims" though.

Anyway I knew that some people like yourself would lash out and throw a temper tantrum when confronted with what should just be obvious truths, but that's not really my goal. Hopefully some have a more mature reaction to factual context.

Dark Rhino likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Children can't buy guns. Now if you are suggesting they push the legal age back to 25, I could support that, but if you wanted to do that I'd want to push the legal age for just about everything back to 25 as well for the same reason. If they aren't mentally developed enough to have full rights, they shouldn't be able to legally consent either. They shouldn't be allowed to join the military, they shouldn't be allowed to vote.

I'd be with you if that was the case, but how many would support that?

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Sorry, my sarcasm must not being conveyed well anymore.

The point was "why would you pick an AR-15 to defend ANYTHING when I've heard that knives are just as effective"

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

My bad. I actually carry my knife more than a gun. At least I can open a beer and cut tags off with a knife lol.

B-Bob likes this.
  14. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

im going to do this post in russian just to make sure you understand me...

Можешь идти на хрен, сраный кусок дерьма.

You can go **** yourself, you warped piece of ****.

15. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

says the poster who has over 42k posts in 5 years.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes.....what's your point?

17. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow this forum has turned even more gross since the last time I visited. Attacking kids who just went through such a traumatic experience is so low, I can’t even fathom the mkndse
    I’m more referring to the conspiracy theories floating around or the accusations that they are Dem puppets.

18. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

The fact that you think I was appalled at you not respecting her opinion on the matter, rather
    How about calling them bald lesbians?

That’s what I was appalled at yesterday from RL’s post, not his lack of respect for their opinion on a topic. But he’s too stupid to realize that.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

lol now I know why you got so bent on a bump of a thread. Making this comment.

This isn't the D&D. Someone please suspend this dude for a month pls.

You really wanna do something that will be noticed?

Send thoughts and prayers like everybody else....and go vote.

I'm not going to take your dumb ass AR's away by showing how many mass shooting threads there have been in this sites history.

Just so you know I have had a shotgun/rifle since I have been 12/16 years old. I have never purchased more guns, but still have the ones I received as gifts.

I'll be sending some thoughts and prayers for your IQ level.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think it's just people really being petty and child like about their hobby and toys.

One of my passions and hobby is being weened out due to necessities of society. I'm a car junkie. I love naturally aspirated internal combustion motors that rev up to 9000 rpm. Love the scream, love the manual shifting. It's one of my favorite hobbies.

I'm just adult enough to understand that my hobby just won't last due to the needs of society.

Being around plenty of gun enthusiasts in my personal life I can attest to how much child like passion they have for their toys .

Jayzers_100 likes this.