1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers trade Larry Nance/Clarkson to Cavs for Thomas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Feb 8, 2018.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No, it doesn't. I'd have no problem with that vs him coming to a Western Conference team not named the Rockets. I'd love LeBron here next season, but I wouldn't exactly be heartbroken if Morey instead shored up this roster by resigning Luc and Capela and replacing Ryno with a more productive 4.

roslolian and DreamShook like this.
  2. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Which makes me think he will not go to LA, cause IT is there.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I mean Clarkson/Nance are getting less then $15 million next year.

Is there a $15 million player on the FA market that would want to come to the Cavs this offseason in the scenario where Lebron is leaving and its a rebuild?? Doesn't seem like it to me.

The bigger question would be would they just prefer to go into another complete tank rebuild, in which case Clarkson/Nance are too good of players? But they can always move Clarkson/Nance in the summer.

4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

So u don't think that would be enough to be contenders you honestly think that they had LeBron James and Paul George on that team Carmelo and CP3 wouldn't get less to go play with their best friends come on people I know we love the Rockets but it's other situations I can see that'll be better

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...rs-trade-its-lebrons-ball-this-wasnt-working/

"He's worked too hard to get back, and he's a ball dominant player," said Thomas' agent, Aaron Goodwin. "It's LeBron's ball, and this clearly wasn't working. Koby (Altman) and I have had enough conversations where it was clear, with the way the system was going, it wasn't beneficial for either party. This is a good opportunity for Isaiah." ​

Vivi and hakeem94 like this.
  6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

In morey we trust...he would just reshuffle the deck that’s all.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

There's not enough money. CP3 would have to take a massive paycut. Why would he do that when he can get paid here by the Rockets AND play on one of the best teams in the league? And Melo ain't going nowhere. He's gonna opt in and get 28 mil from OKC next season. He'd be lucky to get half of that on the open market and he might not even get that much from the Lakers once they're done signing LeBron and George.

People need to chill out with the CP3 paranoia. The team that should be worried today is the Thunder.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

IT's hate for Danny Ainge is growing by the minute lol.
    I mean his injury clearly plays a part, but if he stays with Boston, comes back to his role and is even 80% of the payer he was last year, he's getting PAID. Not quite so much anymore.

Rocket River and roslolian like this.
  9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

They would have to give him a contract in the summer and I’m sure he wants big money which they won’t offer

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think the Cavs won't have any cap space even if Lebron bolts...that's what i find strange, if Lebron bolts they're super done and they should definitely go into a full rebuild, which means keeping picks and lower the salaries on the team, Nance fits in this vision since he's a solid player on a cheap contract, Clarkson on the other hand meh, a 12/13M per year chucker...

11. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Dang, LeBron, PG, and CP3 could easily all collude join the lakers at the same time.

CP3 seems the least likely to defect, being on a 60 win team and all, but anything short of winning the finals this year could send any one of those three packing to the Lakers.

This move should cause some panic in OKC, I expect them to make a big move pretty soon.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. mig0s

mig0s Member

Im curious, why is everybody hating and laughing on IT? Dude didnt ask to get traded and was injured the whole season. Y'all act like he's a scrub now

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Everyone needs to look between the lines on this. It's all about LeBron James right now and either staying with Cleveland are going to LA. LOL LeBron doesn't want to be caught in the middle of this sideshow in the off-season. The media has made it all about him in which he will make it all about himself and come to Houston. Just watch

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hes an awesome player, he just need a system suited to him and more games to recover/adjust to playing after the injury

15. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

I don't see how helping LA clear cap space goes along with Cleveland wagering that they can keep Lebron.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

IT called out Kevin Love. The same IT who hasn't even been on the team for half a season, and has played even less. And to be honest, IT is bad on defense, if only because of his stature. And if he's not efficient on offense, he's a negative on the floor.

htownrox1 likes this.
  17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Pick are never guaranteed and you got two NBA players for it while losing an expensive midget with hip problems. Great trade for LeCleveland.

18. mig0s

mig0s Member

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

hes certainly playing like one. and the big mouth hes gotten as of late why should anyone feel sorry for him. its obvious he's been the problem with that team both on and off the court

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mike Ortiz is fake news.