1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Mutual Interest between Joe Johnson and Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Nook

Nook Member

LeBron James is shooting 55% from the field this year.

LeBron is averaging 27/9/8/2/1 this season.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

no way a trade like that is possible unless Morey is giving away HEAVY incentives as well

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I have reservations too:

1) What would the Rockets have to give up in order to acquire LeBron? Ryno is a no-brainer. But other players would have to be cut or moved as well. I'm fine with losing Ariza. But would we also lose Luc? There's also rumblings that EG would have to be moved. So if the cost is Ryno, EG, Ariza, and Luc, I'm a little hesitant to do that. Especially given that the roster as currently constructed is on pace for 61 wins despite a rash of injuries.

2) What does LeBron have left in the tank? I do think he's finally starting to look mortal this season. People keep zeroing in on Love, JR Smith, Crowder, and Thomas among others for the Cavs' struggles, but LeBron isn't free of blame. Especially at the defensive end.

3) How would LeBron, James, and CP3 share ballhandling duties? I know CP3 and James made it work, but throwing in yet another ball dominant superstar into the mix will inevitably complicate things. I trust D'Antoni and the 3 stars to figure it out, but it would certainly be more complex than the current configuration.

4) How long would LeBron commit to the Rockets? Are we in for the annual "get me some help" drama the Cavs have been plagued by since LeBron returned to Cleveland? Luckily for him, Morey has never been afraid to make roster moves in order to improve the team, but you don't wanna have LeBron's potential free agent defection as a metaphorical gun to your head every season he's here.

All that being said, if you can get LeBron, you have to pull the trigger. I'd try to hang onto EG, but otherwise, you can't say no to acquiring the greatest player on the planet.

#103 count_dough-ku, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    D-rock, snowconeman22 and seeingredtx like this.
  4. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

He also wants full control of the team just like in Cleveland. I don't see that happening in Houston, whereas I can see it happening in LAL

D-rock and seeingredtx like this.
  5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yes, I've seen the lapses on defense he's had. But you can tell it's been mainly due to his frustration from others not doing their job on defense also. The guy is single-handedly shouldering the load on offense, exactly the same way Harden had the past couple seasons (and some) which will always end up taking a toll on an NBA player, even one of LeBron's caliber.

I bet his defense gets astonishingly re-vitalized once he moves here (if we beat out LA). The magic of playing with a second and third superstar will do wonders for not only his defensive efficiency but also his offensive efficiency.

LBJ is nothing like KD going to GSW... we literally just signed CP3 and are adding to what Harden established. Who knows if we win a ship this year but those guys have been built to win for the past 3 seasons and beyond... that is not the same thing that is/has happened here in Houston.

#105 FLASH21, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    DonKnock and seeingredtx like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

For those who don’t want or aren’t a fan of Bron coming to Houston, what do u want to happen instead? Paul George is even less likely to come here, and other than that, what else is out there? U want to re-sign everyone and roll with the team as is? Since we’re saying no to Lebron, what is the alternative that y’all are proposing?

Richie_Rich and Rocket River like this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LeBron is competing with Harden for MVP this year and some have reservations if they want him added to the team?

man.

BigMaloe, Caesar, bilaal14 and 5 others like this.
  8. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I didn’t say he was not having a great season...please read my entire post before posting non-sense stats that I never said he wasn’t having a great season. I acknowledged he is doing what he always does. He is shooting 55% because 75% of his shots are in the paint..

9. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

This. I dont think Cyber meant a trade to HOU. I read it as Johnson could be traded as part of a bigger trade and likely waived by the team that acquires him. If not than the Jazz may buy him out. I could be wrong, but I dont think he was referencing a possible Favors trade to HOU.

DonKnock and YOLO like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

take some notes @MarioKissoDeath

DonKnock likes this.
  11. rockets13champs

Can u photoshop the pic to rockets warmups

12. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I don’t want to think about next season until this season is finished. We are a great team and I want to ride this wave until we don’t win a championship. Our team is a great team already. When was the last series, season series or playoff series the Warriors has lost? Before the rockets won the series this year?

Rocket River likes this.
  13. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

You can put Andre Johnson in a Rockets uniform = ISO Joe

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

who knows an early exit in the playoffs could deter pg13 from staying in okc. or something possibly happens before then.

15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Yea he is going to the Lakers. I'm convinced now. Cause everybody think it's impossible. U people are silly. Lakers have a ton of young assets. I would move them all for cp3 lbj n Paul George. It's not impossible for them to do that n quite honestly it's rather easy. Just them 3 together n u are a contender. Plus u know how many guys would take less to play on that team. Hell

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Sure, but this type of post is different than saying that you’re not a fan of Lebron coming here or u straight up don’t want Lebron here like a few others have said. Surely there’s another alternative that y’all want instead. I’m just wondering what that alternative is. Just roll with the team as is?

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Are you kidding me? You don't think Morey & CP are scheming right now?

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, seems too good to be true...granted, both those guys are expiring and 90% gone (if not 100%) so, maybe their value is just not high as we may think, who knows...i don't want to get my hopes up but Utah does have some perfect salaries to match Ryan's contract (Burks is another one, they have a couple of 5M unguaranteed contracts for next season like Sefolosha and Jerebko too), and they should see at least a bit of value in him since they desperately need more shooting with Rubio on the floor. I still think Favors wouldn't end up here in any deal with them though, but to a third team which would give few assets to the Jazz and a meh contract to us.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What does he eat all day? Fertitta being much older looks a lot fitter.

Dat triple chin.

amaru likes this.
  20. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Sure, I never said i didn't think that. But do you want LBJ to run the team (GM & Coaching wise) like he does in Cleveland?

If LBJ agrees to let Morey structure the team, and D'Antoni run the game, I'd love that. But knowing LBJ, he has to have control.