1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

House Intel committee votes to release Nunes memo - CNNPolitics

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Jan 29, 2018.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I am tired of people like you discrediting the HSIC memo...This isnt INACCURATE. These are facts that are investigated

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Since the memo isn't accurate, it doesn't really show us anything other than the lengths some people will go to in order to try and score political points.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Anyone who made any claims that releasing this memo compromised national security is a joke. Complete embarrassment for the DoJ/FBI that they tried to make that argument.

TheresTheDagger and sugrlndkid like this.
  4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Hahah. I saw this response coming last week.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

The Dossier wasn't funded by both parties. It's been proven, but also it's even included in the memo

First Line: "The 'dossier' compiled by Christopher Steele on behlaf of the DNC and Hillary Clinton."
    and below it: "was paid over $160,000 by the DNC and Clinton campaign."

outside of the memo you have Mccabe saying under oath that they would have never secured a FISA spy warrant without the dossier

and now

the memo shows the all knew the dossier was fake, while also knowing it was funded by the DNC/Clinton campaign.

TheresTheDagger and sugrlndkid like this.
  6. Realjad

lol @ "other information used to get the FISA warrants"

When you have the FBI under oath saying "never would have secured a FISA warrant without the dossier", which was just revealed they knew was fake and funded for by a competing campaign. WHICHHHH they OMITTED on their FISA warrant application.

sugrlndkid likes this.
  7. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I'm pretty sure we live in different realities but can you show me where the memo shows that the dossier is fake? In fact it even at one point mentions that at least part of it was corroborated

Also yes, the Dossier was originally funded by a conservative source
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/27/us/politics/trump-dossier-paul-singer.html

Further the memo itself mentions that George Papadopoulos was under investigation from before the Steele Dossier, and we also know the FBI had surveillance on Carter Page as early as at least 2014, so I'm not sure where you think all of this is just because of the Dossier. Yes, the memo left out that detail about Carter Page, but that's a big part of the criticism being thrown at it by even the FBI
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/f...isa-warrant-since-2014-report/article/2630576

You seem to think that all the info we know is in the memo and that it leaves out nothing. Devin Nunes really proven himself that trustworthy to ya? And why did they vote to not release the memo written by Democrats? Surely this thing could stand up to scrutiny if its fully accurate and doesn't leave out details, couldnt it?

rhino17 likes this.
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The more I read through this memo, the more that "If I was advising Trump", the more I would have counseled Trump that this actually is NOT good for you.

A. The Memo confirms the NYT report that the FBI's investigation into Trump and Russia was NOT started by the Dossier, and names Papadapolous' cooperation
    B. Confirms that Steele did NOT know that the FBI had already been working with Papadapolous
    C. Shows that they re-upped the FISA warrant on Page 3 times which means they had to continue to show the FISA judge that they were making progress.
    D. Blows up the notion that Page had little or no connection to the Trump campaign.
    E. Confirms that parts of the Dossier do show to be corroborated.

And more to come. There is actually ALOT in this memo that I find incredibly interesting. It seems to me that Trump saw the narrative that he wanted to see and didn't realize that if he actually READ THE MEMO with detail, he'd see there is alot in here that is actually not great for him.

Rashmon likes this.
  9. tallanvor

corroborated by Yahoo News which was based off the dossier. Basically you are claiming the dossier corroborated itself.......

10. Nook

Nook Member

#1 To BTG you are correct, the information is no longer "top secret" because the President of the United States on 2/2/18 decided it wasn't "top secret" anymore, against the concerns of the State Department and the FBI. We can all draw our own conclusions on that.

#2 There is nothing that substantiates the view that wiretap was based on information that they knew was "fake". That isn't substantiated at all.

#3 The memorandum didn't really have any information that wasn't known by June and reported in the media. I am with BTG, it is a bit underwhelming.

11. tallanvor

Trump and the entire Democrat party and the entire Republican party and the FBI/DoJ. Either they all don't understand this document or you don't. Every one of those groups is under the impression that this is awful for the FBI and democrats and good for TRump. You are the only one claiming otherwise. You think Schiff and the FBI pulled out all the stops to prevent this memo because it hurts Trump? moron.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Yes..... then why isn't the other memorandum released? Why did the FBI, lead by a Republican and Trump appointee, take the very rare step of stating that the Nunes memorandum is inaccurate?

Sounds like you just want to bury your head in the sand at this point.

Perhaps evidence will surface that shows that all these Republicans, and half of them Trump appointees have some secret conspiracy to destroy Trump. However, this memorandum is not it.

The one you ought to focus on is McCabe (also a Republican) and why he resigned when he did. The inference was that something in the memo spurred him to resign, but there is nothing that is particular to him.

13. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

It mentions it was "minimally corroborated" by an independent unit within the FBI. Which isn't much (though this was clearly written in very partisan language by Nunes but I digress), but means at least something in it was corroborated and it does not mention that anything was proven false anywhere in this memo.

Personally, and this is just speculation, I believe that the FBI likely had other sources that led to the FISA warrant that Nunes was not able to see as they were classified. This is why the FBI and others mentioned it as such a security threat, because if this took off then the FBI would potentially have to reveal those other sources, which could compromise those sources from this point on out. That's why they were so worried about the release of this.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

#1 When something id declassified, it's no longer "TOP SECRET" and of course people in the state department and FBI wouldn't want evidence of FBI/DOJ wrongdoing to become public....why would they?

#2 It does state that the wiretap was based on information that they knew to be unsubstantiated and potentially biased....which is the same as "fake".

#3 The memo really just proves that things believed for a long time are accurate so in that sense it's a bit underwhelming.....but there could be widespread repercussions related to this when the IG comes out with their full report into this. Withholding information to the FISA court in order to obtain a warrant or presenting a case in a dishonest manner could result in charges against those involved and who knows where it goes from there.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Because it didn't go through the process. If it is released to everyone on the intelligence committee for a week then voted on, then goes to the president for approval, then comes back to the intelligence committee, it'll be released too.

It doesn't get to be rubber stamped just to come out at the same time.

16. Nook

Nook Member

I would hope you would, considering the FBI released a statement saying the same thing.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So are you accusing McCabe of perjury? He testified under oath that they couldn't have gotten the warrant without the dossier, if they had all of this other evidence, that wouldn't have been the case....so you prefer to believe that he perjured himself rather than giving up on your made up scenario?

18. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I am not accusing McCabe of that. It is highly possible that the FBI had corroborating evidence of multiple parts of the dossier, enough to use it as evidence to get warrants approved to find out if other parts of the dossier were accurate (such as stuff about Carter Page). A judge did approve the warrants and extensions, multiple times. Are we just going to believe everyone in this scenario was working with the Democrats or something?

19. Realjad

Exactly. They said the 'counter memo' will be released. But, it has to go through the same process.

as for all of Nook's other crap.

A lot was provided in the memo, and you must take things that have been occurring outside the memo into consideration.

Outside the memo, you have the FBI under oath saying they couldn't have secured a FISA warrant without the dossier. It doesn't matter at this point if they had surveillance on Carter Page as early as 2014. They did not have enough to spy on anyone without that dossier, by THEIR WORDS.

Inside the memo you see they knew the dossier was funded largely by the DNC and Clinton campaign. They knew the author had clear bias towards Trump. They knew, by Comeys own words, which is also in the memo saying the dossier was "salacious and unverified". They knew the dossier author, by their own standards was not a reliable source of information. They knew a lot that discredited the dossier.

As Bobby said: It does state that the wiretap was based on information that they knew to be unsubstantiated and potentially biased....which is the same as "fake"

Then they omitted everything they knew from the FISA application.

As previously stated, this is an accurate summary of the memo: Obama admin/DOJ/FBI spied on an American citizen (Trump Campaign member) based on information they knew was fake, and in which they also knew was funded and provided for by an opposing campaign (DNC, Clinton)

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So now your just name calling as a response...cool. Shows you are taking the news today level very level headed.

However.....What out of what I just said was incorrect or false? I was simply reading from the memo and posting here. Yes there is info in here that paints folks like McCabe and Comey as villains... of course that's not good for the FBI, and helps Trump loyalists like you to confirm your bias that Trump is a martyr for you common folks good Mericans.

However.... THE FACTS at the end of the day are what matter. Can we at least agree to that....???... No... of course not.

The FACTS that Trump thinks help him in the short therm (like McCabe's testimony about the Dossier being important, and Steele's passion to not want Trump elected after doing research on him) are outweighed by the FACTS that actually support the basis of investigating in the first place. (Like Paps already working with the FBI before Steele came to the FBI) Nothing in the memo really speaks to the facts of the investigation by the way.

So enjoy getting worked up tonight watching Hannity. You earned it for your loyalty to King Trump. But I'm just warning you that there are corroborations here in this Trump fueled "memo" that actually hurt him when it comes down to the facts of the investigations. But you go enjoy shouting at the TV watching Hannity tonight. I'm sure Alex Jones' show has already aired today if you'd like to get a head start on your fight against the Deep State Illuminati.